Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

callans kicks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I thought it was hit and miss, but I very much enjoyed Holly Carpenter's appearance in the country music song.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Jenny Kelly, Ray D'Arcy's partner. I think she's leaving the radio show soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Jenny Kelly, Ray D'Arcy's partner. I think she's leaving the radio show soon.

Going on the recent JNLR figures he might not be far behind her...

Anybody watching Callan's Kicks tonight.. Siobhán Ryan is looking well tonight..

" The last interview I had was with that pitbull Ryan Tubridy... He asked me really tough questions like 'What's your favourite colour?' and 'When were you last at the movies?' "

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 sedric

RTE maybe could learn from BBC 4 radio. and BBC 4 extra
    They consistently produce good radio comedy and satire.
    Radio is best, is allows the writers concentrate on the material not the visuals, especially when it's an impressionist like Callan.
    Good luck to him though, we need a decent cut at the 'top' guys and gals.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,383 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Loved Dobo during the week, he was doing his Schwarzenegger stance before strolling in to his seat on the 6 One news, cool as you like...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

First time watching. Thought the Amy Huberman sketch was excellent.

I didnt think he was gonna start the Derek Mooney sketch every week with "I'm Derek Mooney and I earn 220 thousand euros a year." Cant imagine Derek is gonna invite him on the show again..

M

I hope there's a Ray Darcy sketch this week.

• Advertisement

That SuperPower street is awful... The David Cameron sounds like David Norris.

I see Paul Drury is listed as Political Advisor to the show..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Well done callan with reference to Mooney's tits. :) The gob****e watched as the chicks died of starvation. wouldn't put so much as a bit of mealworm or birdseed for the parents. Tossr!
    :) liking some of the sketches

• Registered Users Posts: 72,531 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Missed tonight's episode...please tell me he's got rid of 'Wreck-It Reilly'.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hit and miss, but when it hit, IT HIT. :)

Amy Huberman was very funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Missed tonight's episode...please tell me he's got rid of 'Wreck-It Reilly'.

RTE1 +1

Nice little cameo by Brendan O'Connor :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The latest episode was the best of the series, some real gems in there! No wreck it reilly too. Apparently it's getting great viewing figures too which is nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

I hope there's a Ray Darcy sketch this week.

Was there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Pity, he had it bang on the last time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Mooney, the Shinners and Marty were the highlights for me last Friday. It can be hit and miss but thats the story with most of those type of shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭squonk

I wish he didn't show the spoiler bits i.e. come back after the break for a bit of this <cue 3 second snippet from upcoming skit>. It kind of ruins the upcoming stuff because you know what to expect. I'd prefer if the snippets bore no relation to the actual skits but were just quick one liners from various characters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

Pile o' dung this week

'Wreck-It Reilly' again :(

Ah jaysus.. I forgot about this... :-( .. That's the last time I try reading..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Just watch it on RTE+1 now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

taking the mick out of the shinners, brave man

he'd want to check underneath his car every morning

M

Thought it was rubbish this week, makes me think lots of dodgy clips were pulled/sensored/North Koreaised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 HereToHere

Saw a bit of this last night and like most times I've seen Callan, I was unimpressed. The problem with Callan is that he's just not naturally funny. The Game of Thrones skit was just painful to watch and some of the jokes were just recycled from social media or internet message boards.

Advertisement