Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different speeds to neighbours

Options
  • 08-07-2014 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi Eircom,

I had efiber broadband installed last Saturday. The installer was fantastic, he was thorough and helpful and very pleasant. Gave the time to answer my questions and ensure things were working and even tidied up all the cabling (so many techs don't so this!). He was a credit to you.

My question is about speeds, though. My download is 15mb and upload 2.5 ish. Is there any way to get the upload increased? 

There's 31 houses in my estate. Houses 1-10 can get 40-50mb, houses 16-31 can also get 40-50mb, but houses 11-15 only 15mb (and the uploads to match). Naturally, my luck, I'm #13.

Why is this and is there a way to fix this so I get better speeds? Even upload. I work from home a lot and if I'm uploading files to our servers its killing the broadband for anyone else in the house :( I've had to do it during the night which is meaning my work is delayed to the next day. My old broadband (different company) was only 5mb down but it was almost 5mb up.

Is there anything that can be done ?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

chroi wrote: »
    Hi Eircom,

I had efiber broadband installed last Saturday. The installer was fantastic, he was thorough and helpful and very pleasant. Gave the time to answer my questions and ensure things were working and even tidied up all the cabling (so many techs don't so this!). He was a credit to you.

My question is about speeds, though. My download is 15mb and upload 2.5 ish. Is there any way to get the upload increased? 

There's 31 houses in my estate. Houses 1-10 can get 40-50mb, houses 16-31 can also get 40-50mb, but houses 11-15 only 15mb (and the uploads to match). Naturally, my luck, I'm #13.

Why is this and is there a way to fix this so I get better speeds? Even upload. I work from home a lot and if I'm uploading files to our servers its killing the broadband for anyone else in the house :( I've had to do it during the night which is meaning my work is delayed to the next day. My old broadband (different company) was only 5mb down but it was almost 5mb up.

Is there anything that can be done ?

Many thanks.
    Hi chroi

I'm sorry to hear that your speeds are affected like this, the best advice I could offer is to get in touch with technical support as they will be able to look in to this in details and manage your issue with much more insight.

If you would like to PM me your number I can confirm the maximum speed your efibre can offer before calling if you wish?

Broadband Technical Support can be contacted on 1890 260260 (locall) (Opening hours : 8am - 10pm - each day)

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 24 chroi

Thanks, Alan. PM sent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

chroi wrote: »
    Thanks, Alan. PM sent :)
    Thanks for that chroi

As soon as I have an update on this I'll be in touch right away

Al

Advertisement