Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours infraction appeal.

Options
  • 08-07-2014 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

I recieved an infraction on Saturday for a post I made in the Gartyh Brooks thread in After Hours.

This is the post in question.
    A wild nose-out-of-joint Garth fan appears!

I appealed to the moderator with the context in which the post was made, which was that some people were implying that Croke Park residents don't actually exist.
    Overheal wrote: »
    You say "residents" with quotation marks like their homes are fake?
    I saw someone on a news site actually blaming

"the so called "residents""

Yes, the nose-out-of-joint Garth Brooks fans don't believe in Croke Park residents, even when they're blaming them for the failings of the GAA and Aiken promotions.
    Some of the most vocal "residents" don't live next nor near croke park. Some of them just have an axe to grind with the GAA for whatever reason, nothing else.

and I made the admittedly weak joke of
    A wild nose-out-of-joint Garth fan appears!
    , referencing the "A wild X appears!" meme

and for this I received an infraction. It was not meant as personal abuse and compared to many other uninfracted posts in the thread, like the ones calling each other muppets and liars, it's quite tame. The only other infracted post I have seen on that thread since I joined it is this one:
    You Irish people are a Sick, Sick bunch. Perhaps all of you complaining about the total disregard for your property by Croke Park attendees, should look at your fellow Irish citizen.

Here in America, we have lots of problems to be sure, but disregard for property by concert or sporting event goers is not one of them. New Orleans has Jazz Fest every year, with people around the race track where it's held having an absolute blast. Some hold barbecues in their front lawn. Others sell parking spots on their driveways. Same with Mardi Gras, and there is a whole lot of drinking going on for that.

Same goes with stadiums. The Rose Bowl & Coliseum in LA are the same whenever a sporting event or concert is held. They each host many college football games, complete with inebriated college students attending, but you never hear a single thing about a lack of decorum. Sure, people have to walk the street before and after the event, but locals just deal with it. We're talking a few times a year out of 365 days in the year.

All this talk by you posters is just going to show that the Irish are a bunch of drunken animals with no regard for decency or respect. What amazes me is that with all the bars you guys have, and all the drinking that goes on every single night of the year there in Dublin, that the residents near the bars downtown are able to live their lives without constant disruption. I guess the crazies only come out for concerts there, and just stay at home the rest of the year. Sad society you folks have, very sad. And coming from an American, that's saying something, because we're not exactly the best of the bunch, but we're certainly better than that.

and I don't think my lame joke is comparable.

I appealed on Saturday to the moderator to reconsider or at least consider scaling it down to a warning but have got no response as yet.

Thank you for your attention,

Lingua Franca

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,701 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Apologies for the delay, will look into this and get back to you.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Thanks, Penn.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,701 ✭✭✭✭Penn

DRP has been resolved between mod and user. Thread can be closed. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement