Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stools and countertop in fast food premises legality

Options
  • 08-07-2014 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello guys,

I currently work in a take away (fast food) and we would like to introduce 5 stools and a counter top for people to eat on.

What are the regulations regarding toilets on this?

Would we have to have a toilet for the customer and also one for staff.

Or is it legal to have the countertop without toilets?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Soooooo tempting but too soon since last slap!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 cathyledger

My local curry shop has a couch and also has five stools with a counter that i normally sit at eating my curry and they have no toilets for customers anyways so i think its ok as they do it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

My local curry shop has a couch and also has five stools with a counter that i normally sit at eating my curry and they have no toilets for customers anyways so i think its ok as they do it.

Personally I wouldn't be rushing to make a decision based on what someone else does.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Before you think toilets (which shouldn't go on the countertop anyway :-), I'd check the planning permission viv-a-vis eat-in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Before you think toilets (which shouldn't go on the countertop anyway :-), I'd check the planning permission viv-a-vis eat-in.
    I quite agree. Stools belong in the toilet anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement