Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

With car from Europe to Rosslare ( and back )

Options
  • 08-07-2014 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

...was pointed to this forum by an Irish friend, looking for the cheapest was to get a rather long car ( 6 meters ) a couple of adults and two kids in tow over to Ireland, Rosslare for a week.

Reading through the appropriate threads has not made me too much wiser.

As far as I can tell ( with not much that much time had to spend in research ), ferrying from Belgium / France to England then again from Wales, as opposed to ferrying directly from France, would cut down ferry costs quite a bit, or am I mistaken there ? Google maps recommends that route.

Secondly, and more importantly, booking in advance add logistical issues into the trip, we haven't got any real schedule, and have a habit of missing ferries due to breakdowns or whatever.

So, what are the prices like to roll up and board a ferry as compared to pre-booking ?

Any tips regarding special offers or whatever greatly appreciated, we're traveling from the north of the Netherlands.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement