Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Im still playing on Xbox (Blanchy090)

Im hoping to get to tier 100 but I dont think ill make it to lvl 80

They have on deal 10 tiers for 900 v bucks. Its really tempting. I am now level 51 and tier 62. I think I can manage tier 100 without spending v bucks, but level 80 is no way possible. I do want to try and get 65 though.

I watched my ratty playing on x box one S and I could not believe how much worse games looks then on my xbox one x 4k tv. Massive difference!!! In a way you get way bigger advantage on x, because how much more details you can see!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭holdfast

Well,

Sorry if it is the wrong thread, when I press A on the Xbox controller. It leaves the game, anyone else getting that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Me again, I guess I am the only boardsie who is playing fortnite. In fairness, I was really late to the bus, I mean party. :pac:

Anyway, played a few games today and I managed to win two more Solo games!!!

In one game I had 6 kills!!! I still suck, but at least I can say I won a few times now and it wasn't I fluke. :D

How people finding ability to reach tier 100? Its my first season and I was late by over a week. Right now I am level 49 and tier 59. All 5 weeks challanges done and secret stars picked up. I did a bit of maths and if I do the rest of challanges and do almost all dailies I might reach tier 100. I just hope ill manage to pick up all dailies. Ability to stack them is a life saver for someone like me. I can tackle those on days off when I collect them.

I'm on level 62, tier 79 after completing week 6 challenges. I'll reach tier 100 without a problem but I'm not sure if I'll reach level 80. Just got my 100th win today 78 of which are squad. I get carried a lot ha

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

I'm on level 62, tier 79 after completing week 6 challenges. I'll reach tier 100 without a problem but I'm not sure if I'll reach level 80. Just got my 100th win today 78 of which are squad. I get carried a lot ha

Sure 78 squad wins are 78 squad wins. Still impressive.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I've gotten into the habit of starting a solo game and leaving it running if I'm finishing up, or if I'm just browsing online. You can get 300 to 400 XP by just dropping at the end of the bus, so will help in the end total.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just on that point, I set a game running and went to empty the dishwasher, when I came back I placed 12th and got 540xp :D. All without moving an inch.

delly wrote: »
    Just on that point, I set a game running and went to empty the dishwasher, when I came back I placed 12th and got 540xp :D. All without moving an inch.

That's a handy trick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

All depends on the circle, I watched it today after the post here. Landed at the house near snobby and the crater. Meant to wait and see but changed my mind when someone landed here too. Got 3 kills before I was killed, barely got 300 xp

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

My Fortnite friends have moved country last week and with the time zone difference, we can't play anymore :( Any boardsie looking for an extra squadmate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

literally asking for a friend son

whats the story with this 'Save the World' expansionthingy?
    Is it free (yet) or only available the Founders Pack?
    (or anyone know cheap codes?)

(also, how the hell do you kill them?
    I dont even see them coming. Young fella racks up 5 or 6 kills a game now.
    I embarrass him. He's 8).

• Advertisement

Still need founders pack. Something I want to pick up myself, but waiting for a sale. Apparently that mode is pretty damn good, just overshadowed by battle royale.

I wish I had your problem, my 9 year old ratty sucks at it, she just gives up after few games and goes playing brainded **** mobile games. And I am a parent who "forces" her to play x box, wheres my mother would hate even a sight of me playing video games when I was a kid!!!
    At least she can brag in school that her Dad Started playing in this season and has 6 solo wins and way higher level then any of her classmates. :pac:

Still need founders pack. Something I want to pick up myself, but waiting for a sale. Apparently that mode is pretty *** good, just overshadowed by battle royale.

I wish I had your problem, my 9 year old ratty sucks at it, she just gives up after few games and goes playing brainded **** mobile games. And I am a parent who "forces" her to play x box, wheres my mother would hate even a sight of me playing video games when I was a kid!!!
    At least she can brag in school that her Dad Started playing in this season and has 6 solo wins and way higher level then any of her classmates. :pac:

if its any consolation, my 10yr old girl is even worse than me.
    try her on SIMS4 if you're insisting her plays something, mine and her friends love it.
    I've to use a crow bar to get the other little bo11ox off the xbox, or shut the wifi off. he hasnt copped its me yet, thinks Virgin is just unreliable. bless.

FFS
    51 notes for the deluxe pack on CD keys

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Save the world is basically a separate better game , its 40 notes and if you buy it for your kid.

He gets 4,000 V bucks a month from playing the daily missions within it. Which will save you €10 per season :D

Just tell him not to leech during missions, never trade and actually help with the objective :D

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Save the world is basically a separate better game , its 40 notes and if you buy it for your kid.

He gets 4,000 V bucks a month from playing the daily missions within it. Which will save you €10 per season :D

Just tell him not to leech during missions, never trade and actually help with the objective :D

Tried to find out when it was likely to become free and gave up. pulled the trigger on the basic version.

Whats "leeching"?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

My Fortnite friends have moved country last week and with the time zone difference, we can't play anymore :( Any boardsie looking for an extra squadmate?

xbox or playstation?

Tried to find out when it was likely to become free and gave up. pulled the trigger on the basic version.

Whats "leeching"?

Joining a match and doing literally nothing the entire time to leech mission rewards.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Joining a match and doing literally nothing the entire time to leech mission rewards.

sounds like what he'd get up to! :pac:

Its kinda stupid its allowed happen but I think it will be changed very soon, you can join a mission and do absolutely nothing and still get the exact same rewards as the players who did the objectives.

I landed today to Crater near motel and sow some changes... Hmmmmm I went, then looked around and there is big feck off stadium in the place of ruins!!!! Obviously it was a hot spot. Dont know how, but I managed to get 5 kills there lol. Pure luck!

• Advertisement

I landed today to Crater near motel and sow some changes... Hmmmmm I went, then looked around and there is big feck off stadium in the place of ruins!!!! Obviously it was a hot spot. Dont know how, but I managed to get 5 kills there lol. Pure luck!

I landed there twice yesterday but didn't find the loot was great, second time was in squads and found five revolvers in a row, was a struggle round after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Noob dad here . My little lad updated fortnite last night and it failed to Install with an error code . It won’t play now either . He’s worried about him loosing everything and his vbucks.

What’s the best recovery action in this case . The fortnite website isn’t the best for support or emailing

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Noob dad here . My little lad updated fortnite last night and it failed to Install with an error code . It won’t play now either . He’s worried about him loosing everything and his vbucks.

What’s the best recovery action in this case . The fortnite website isn’t the best for support or emailing

Maybe delete it and download it again.

He shouldn't loose everything as long as he still has his epic account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Just delete it and download it again, he logs in with his Epic account which is just and email address and password and it will log right back in where it left off, wont lose a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Finally completed the dancing at Loot Lake. Have a group of friends but with varying work times it's hard to near impossible to get 4 at the same go.

We had 3 and kept having a random fill. Some people would frustrate you so much and be in the room and refuse to dance. Was beginning to think I was never going to get it.

Then we said we'd give it one more go. The person joined in straight away. We went mad and starting giving him loads of our loot haha! He just kept dancing then after.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭al87987

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Finally completed the dancing at Loot Lake.

What's this do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Finally completed the dancing at Loot Lake. Have a group of friends but with varying work times it's hard to near impossible to get 4 at the same go.

We had 3 and kept having a random fill. Some people would frustrate you so much and be in the room and refuse to dance. Was beginning to think I was never going to get it.

Then we said we'd give it one more go. The person joined in straight away. We went mad and starting giving him loads of our loot haha! He just kept dancing then after.

You should have asked me. It's the only one I have not done yet :pac:

al87987 wrote: »
    What's this do?

It's one of the weekly challenges you can do for the battlepass. You just get stars to level up.

Is playerunknown a grown up version of fortnite?

Fortnite on switch!!!!! Woot!!!!! Still no download in damn store.

Apparently its cross platform so anyone who is not on ps4 can just pick it up and continue!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Fortnite on switch!!!!! Woot!!!!! Still no download in damn store.

Apparently its cross platform so anyone who is not on ps4 can just pick it up and continue!

So you don't have to start from the beginning? My eldest two play it on Xbox so will be interesting to see what they make of it on the Switch.

Advertisement