Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You didn't hang about! :)
    I can't wait to get home from work and update for week 7. What is the Risky challenge, kills or chests?

Fecking chests!!! Last one I did and the hardest. Like half of session goes there and if you time it even a bit wrong all chest looted!!! I said so many ****s this morning trying to do it!!!

Other stuff is pretty easy. Nothing stupid like getting 3 circle centres in one game etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Fecking chests!!! Last one I did and the hardest. Like half of session goes there and if you time it even a bit wrong all chest looted!!! I said so many ****s this morning trying to do it!!!

Other stuff is pretty easy. Nothing stupid like getting 3 circle centres in one game etc.

Yeah no doubt I'll be pulling what hair I have left out later ha

Yeah no doubt I'll be pulling what hair I have left out later ha

The area being tiny does not help. Wailing woods, loot late etc. Had massive areas and hidden chests. In risky its opposite. Complete cluster ****.

You can actually see how these challanges inpact the flow of the game. People wipe themselves out so fast. I guess not bad to farm xp while droping somewhere dead.

The are being tiny does not help. Wailing woods, loot late etc. Had massive areas and hidden chests. In risky its opposite. Complete cluster ****.

You can actually see how these challanges inpact the flow of the game. People wipe themselves out so fast. I guess not bad to farm xp while droping somewhere dead.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

• Advertisement

I hate Risky Reels!
    Anyway, all challenges completed at last.
    Level 65 and Tier 89 so getting there

I hate Risky Reels!
    Anyway, all challenges completed at last.
    Level 65 and Tier 89 so getting there

Gratz lol. I can believe it was still cluster****, and I was at it with patch just hotting the server. Sp where do we get "I survived Risky at week 7, first day" t shirts. :D

I had weeks holidays and managed to pump my level from 50 to 1k away from 64. I will get at least 65 for full carbide. Tier wise I am at 83. By my calculations I should be able to hit 100 withput spending anything, though I might rush last few tiers.

I am not playing blockbuster skin anymore... when I play it, I found myself always killed. Like did I went crap or people just focusing me. When I switched to new wingman skin, I got two wins in duos. First With some randomer, he was clearly better then me, but I was the one navigating us and putting us in better tactical situations. After that win we made a party and managed to get one more win. This time I did saved us at last 5 people left. :)
    So yeah, blockbuster skin makes you really be bad at game, or just all kids started playing again and I cant compete with them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Playing sniper shootout duos, my teammate went down, so just me left
    vs 3 other duos. Two of the duos fighting tower to tower. I spot an opening in the foundations of one of them, so quickly run to that, start breaking down one of the floor foundations and using the gunfire to mask the sound, hop into it and re-build my own floor foundation so nobody can see me. In comes the 3rd duo squad, right underneath me.... haven’t a clue how I didn’t get spotted :pac:

One of the squads gets eliminated, so it’s a 2v2v1. That one duo that was under me ****s off to somewhere else, so I quickly run out of the tower, spot one guy, instant down with the hunting rifle, his teammate starts firing away at me, I spam the scoped AR and somehow manage to kill him without being scoped in. All that’s left is the duo that were in the tower. I thought **** it, I’ll grab that C4 and just C4 the tower. One of them was still in it, falls to his death. Last one pops out from nowhere, we start doing that jumping about and spamming shots, so I take out the scoped AR and just about kill him for the win. Finished with 9 kills in it....was such a cheese strat to win that I actually didn’t think it would work!

Playing sniper shootout duos, my teammate went down, so just me left
    vs 3 other duos. Two of the duos fighting tower to tower. I spot an opening in the foundations of one of them, so quickly run to that, start breaking down one of the floor foundations and using the gunfire to mask the sound, hop into it and re-build my own floor foundation so nobody can see me. In comes the 3rd duo squad, right underneath me.... haven’t a clue how I didn’t get spotted :pac:

One of the squads gets eliminated, so it’s a 2v2v1. That one duo that was under me ****s off to somewhere else, so I quickly run out of the tower, spot one guy, instant down with the hunting rifle, his teammate starts firing away at me, I spam the scoped AR and somehow manage to kill him without being scoped in. All that’s left is the duo that were in the tower. I thought **** it, I’ll grab that C4 and just C4 the tower. One of them was still in it, falls to his death. Last one pops out from nowhere, we start doing that jumping about and spamming shots, so I take out the scoped AR and just about kill him for the win. Finished with 9 kills in it....was such a cheese strat to win that I actually didn’t think it would work!

It's legit tactic m8. :D
    One of my first solo wins I cheesed similarly. 3 of us left and one dude built a 1x1 trump tower. I ran to it, built floors around it, so he can just pepper me from above and took oit my pickaxe. A few seconds later whole tower went down and he felt to his death. Was very satisfying, as I am really **** at build fights. :D

Oh yeah, with c4 buffet I actually picking it up now. I use it for all the Bob the builders. Very handy stuff. :)

Gratz lol. I can believe it was still cluster****, and I was at it with patch just hotting the server. Sp where do we get "I survived Risky at week 7, first day" t shirts. :D

I had weeks holidays and managed to pump my level from 50 to 1k away from 64. I will get at least 65 for full carbide. Tier wise I am at 83. By my calculations I should be able to hit 100 withput spending anything, though I might rush last few tiers.

I am not playing blockbuster skin anymore... when I play it, I found myself always killed. Like did I went crap or people just focusing me. When I switched to new wingman skin, I got two wins in duos. First With some randomer, he was clearly better then me, but I was the one navigating us and putting us in better tactical situations. After that win we made a party and managed to get one more win. This time I did saved us at last 5 people left. :)
    So yeah, blockbuster skin makes you really be bad at game, or just all kids started playing again and I cant compete with them. :)

I didn't have much luck with the blockbuster skin either but I like it. Played a lot of the sniper shootout today to practise my shots but didn't get the win there either.
    I'm older than you so if you can't compete with the kids then I've got no chance :)

• Advertisement

It's legit tactic m8. :D
    One of my first solo wins I cheesed similarly. 3 of us left and one dude built a 1x1 trump tower. I ran to it, built floors around it, so he can just pepper me from above and took oit my pickaxe. A few seconds later whole tower went down and he felt to his death. Was very satisfying, as I am really **** at build fights. :D

Oh yeah, with c4 buffet I actually picking it up now. I use it for all the Bob the builders. Very handy stuff. :)

I second this. The higher up they build the more I enjoy them getting knocked down ha

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

delly wrote: »

Do we still get hidden battlestars for the last 3 weeks of challenges? We got week 8 loading screen already and I cant see anything to show hidden star. If we not getting those, then it will be a bit tight for me to finish tier 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Do we still get hidden battlestars for the last 3 weeks of challenges? We got week 8 loading screen already and I cant see anything to show hidden star. If we not getting those, then it will be a bit tight for me to finish tier 100.

What tier you on? I'm on 93 I think. Will have it done by weekend I hope.

Okay, I bought save the world pack for xbox and inly played it a bit, frame rate is shocking. It definitely dips below 30! Is it normal? I though on xbox one x it has unlocked frame rate in save the world too?

• Ex-Sony Dev confirms cross-play block it's all about the money
    As if we didn't know already but still

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-19-ex-sony-dev-says-ps4-console-cross-platform-block-is-all-about-the-money

Ex-Sony Dev confirms cross-play block it's all about the money
    As if we didn't know already but still

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-19-ex-sony-dev-says-ps4-console-cross-platform-block-is-all-about-the-money

"For the players" should be changed to "For the player's money".

• The Switch port is very impressive. Played a good chunk in handheld mode.
    Excellent work from Epic & Nintendo

• Registered Users Posts: 27 robinmgp

The Switch port is very impressive. Played a good chunk in handheld mode.
    Excellent work from Epic & Nintendo
    Yeah, judging by the Switch's track record for getting crappy ports I half expected Epic Games to just load Fortnite mobile on the Nintendo Switch but that is not the case to my surprise :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Just hit tier 100 tonight. At level 68, I don't think I'll get level 80, but not tooo pushed.
    It's just colours you unlock I think.

• Advertisement

Just hit tier 100 tonight. At level 68, I don't think I'll get level 80, but not tooo pushed.
    It's just colours you unlock I think.

I did my challenges last night and got to 67 and tier 92. I already knew I wont hit 80.
    Full omega looks way better then 65. Changing colours is not enen the thing. The level 80 chests looks so much better then greyout normal one. Well, at least I have full carbide.
    I personally will do a little break from BR mode and only do dailies and challanges to get to 100 until next season. Played way too much of it and don't want to be burned out for next season. Save the world is surprisingly very good. Thats what I am playing now after getting it two days ago. Its stupidity good source of v bucks too. That 40eu will pay for itself very fast!

Tier 98 and level 67 after completing this week's challenges. I'll need something like 150,000 XP to reach level 80 so that's not going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Just got to Tier 100 too tonight and Level 67. The Omega with the lights look much better. But as others have said, I don't think it's possible for me either.

dreamers75 wrote: »

They better drop update with Builder pro controller layout fast!!! Its in BR, but not in save the world. Its a massive pain in a hole for me to jump between right now.
    I only bought it this week so everything else is still new to me, but I guess its a good road map as people on reddit like it.

jamescd wrote: »
    Just got to Tier 100 too tonight and Level 67. The Omega with the lights look much better. But as others have said, I don't think it's possible for me either.

Thats why I gave myself target to get to 65. Its my first season so had no free tiers or anything and I was late a week and a half. Will still reach tier 100 without spending v bucks, but next season I am buying 25 tier boost. I dont have time to play that much and it will help me with levels if next skin has same idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I'm at tier 59 now, I'm not getting nearly as much time to play as I'd like.
    Its not looking good to get to tier 100....I may have to buy some tiers I really want omega

Okay, just to say a few words about Fortnite save the world after having it for a week.
    Its really good and fun, to make it better, if you do play BR. So it was 40eu and after a week of playing I earned almost 3500 vbucks without specifically hunting it. Its actually makes more sense to buy save the world to get v bucks and use for season passes. Instead of buying v bucks out flat.
    Game itself is very fun and quite unique. Really confusing at start though.

Played it on pc today as misses felt like crap and wanted some peace and silence on her own. So on pc it runs really well, considering BR mode is a bit iffy. Its weird how badly xboxone x version runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I think they wont make it free for that very reason, you can make 4000 vbucks per month according to a mission calculator.

https://fortnitedb.com/StormChaser/?zone=cannyvalley

As its Early Access I wouldn't advise going to Canney Valley yet as the story kinda ends at Plankerton (roadmap above says it will be added to).

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I think they wont make it free for that very reason, you can make 4000 vbucks per month according to a mission calculator.

https://fortnitedb.com/StormChaser/?zone=cannyvalley

As its Early Access I wouldn't advise going to Canney Valley yet as the story kinda ends at Plankerton (roadmap above says it will be added to).

Well, I got it now for 8 days and I started with 1600 v bucks and now I am at 5450 v bucks. Its crazy. Will definitely buy 25 tier boost for BR mode.
    The business plan Epic made is fantastic. Hats off to them.

Advertisement