Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭klose

Should get omega by the next couple of days, haven't played a lot lately so was catching up on challenges for a few weeks and must say I find them annoying to do, I enjoy the game way more just jumping in playing with out the distraction of challenges (finally got that bloody trap kill today)

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

klose wrote: »
    Should get omega by the next couple of days, haven't played a lot lately so was catching up on challenges for a few weeks and must say I find them annoying to do, I enjoy the game way more just jumping in playing with out the distraction of challenges (finally got that bloody trap kill today)

Don't know how anybody would like the challenges. Feels like work. Nothing but frustration

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Don't know how anybody would like the challenges. Feels like work. Nothing but frustration

I kind of like them and I liked then even more when I found out that we got Blockbuster skin for that. Its a challange and at least you get rewarded for it.
    Now some of the challanges are bull****. Specially when they nerfed traps to 75 damage and then gave us a challange to get a trap kill... I did it when it was nerfed and it was not fun.

I was looking a bit more in to levels. I pretty much stoped leveleing after I hit 65 as I though I will definitely wont get to 80. That was a week ago. I am 68, by just doing some challanges and dailies.
    Thing is, I did got better and I can pull 10k xp a day pretty easy when playing solos. So if I had not given up I think I would have reached it. With only two weeks left I would need to do some massive playing overtime to reach it and I dont think I can bother with it.
    I will focus on save the world block buster quests before theu get removed.

Hopefully I will hit tier 100 without spending money. Already 95 since yesterday. If this weeks challanges are not ass it will be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I have to say I like the challenges. I mostly play alone so its good to have something to aim for.

That said some are a right pain like the trap kill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

I used one of the 50 v 50 or 5 teams of 20 to get the trap elimination. Once you knock someone in the chaos build walls around them and place the trap. Job done

• Advertisement

Okay, I hit level 69 gigidi and tier 100 last night. Won't bother with full omega. I like my sanity.
    Managed that from a scratch, week and a half late too. That 5 tier boost will come in very handy next season! Apparently I heard it stacks?
    Will give BR a break until next season so I dont burn out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Anyone going on for the live rocket launch at 6:30 today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Im trying to get on now, but theres a 5 minute queue. Don't know if I'll make it in time

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Missed it myself but there are loads of videos. Looked great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Was in a game when it happened. Impressed by the team spirit during it, no one was fighting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I actually made it just in time. A few seconds after I got into spawn island, the rocket blasted off. Then another few seconds later the match started and I got a good view of the rocket rising from the ground on the battle bus. Then I jumped out of the bus and watched the rocket plunge back down while on my glider. So i basically watched the entire thing while high up in the sky :cool:

I ****ing missed it, was at work all day. :( they did super cool job of it. Did it change map somehow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I love what Epic are doing with this game and the constant updates and ever changing map and i really want to play it, but why does the shooting mechanics feel so bad? I'm no stranger to PC shooters, started playing em with the first Unreal Tournament back in 1999 (holy **** 18 years ago) but i can't hit **** in this game. Feels like im hitting them sometimes but my hit don't register, and its not ping because im playing on EU with under 20 ping.

Then i started playing Quake Champions like 3 days ago, and the game feels amazing. Feels like when i do well and kill people its because im playing good, or better than my enemies atleast :rolleyes: As i type this i realize that Quakes aiming reticle never expands or shrinks based on movement compared to Fortnite and most modern shooters. But i played some modern shooters like CoD and Battlefield and do well in them.

Why am i sh!t?

I love what Epic are doing with this game and the constant updates and ever changing map and i really want to play it, but why does the shooting mechanics feel so bad? I'm no stranger to PC shooters, started playing em with the first Unreal Tournament back in 1999 (holy **** 18 years ago) but i can't hit **** in this game. Feels like im hitting them sometimes but my hit don't register, and its not ping because im playing on EU with under 20 ping.

Then i started playing Quake Champions like 3 days ago, and the game feels amazing. Feels like when i do well and kill people its because im playing good, or better than my enemies atleast :rolleyes: As i type this i realize that Quakes aiming reticle never expands or shrinks based on movement compared to Fortnite and most modern shooters. But i played some modern shooters like CoD and Battlefield and do well in them.

Why am i sh!t?

I guess its personal. It feels pretty decent to me. Never had issues with actual feel of it. Being **** on the other hand, is one of my things too.
    Coming from normal shooters in fortnite is very hard. Love it or hate it, but building is a massive part of the game. If you dont build - you die.

Damage numbers poping up give a better sense hitting too. Really hard tp go back to those games without it. I know theu dont suit all games, but in game like this its perfect.

For anyone interested in seeing what the rocket launch was about, some lad on Reddit made a cinematic replay of the event.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/8v4gy1/i_just_made_an_epic_cinematic_of_the_rocket/?st=JJ2SA7ZJ&sh=51b92cb9

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

faceman wrote: »
    Was in a game when it happened. Impressed by the team spirit during it, no one was fighting!

Someone broke the record for most kills in a game thanks to it. Proof if you want to succeed at an online FPS you need to embrace your inner jerk :)

https://www.polygon.com/fortnite/2018/6/30/17521556/fortnite-new-solo-kills-record-missile-launch

gimli2112 wrote:
    Someone broke the record for most kills in a game thanks to it. Proof if you want to succeed at an online FPS you need to embrace your inner jerk

I hope that guy gets nothing but grey pistols from here on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

faceman wrote: »
    I hope that guy gets nothing but grey pistols from here on!

Has anyone seen a video of this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Has anyone seen a video of this yet?

Not from his perspective but I'm sure the polygon link above had a video from one of the many victims. It's a long clip of dancing and celebration with the massacre at the end.

Any point doing last weeks challenges? I am already tier 100 and mot bothered with level 80. No reward for doing all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Any point doing last weeks challenges? I am already tier 100 and mot bothered with level 80. No reward for doing all?

You get 5000 XP for completing them all, each level is about 15000 XP so they don't really do much.
    Having said that, I'm going to complete them anyway 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The new tommy gun is a beast! It'll surely get nerfed?

Emmmm lads.... am I a bad parent for using my 9 year old daughter as a practice target for snipping in playground mode and actually having fun, while she rages at me. :D

So yeah, finally tried it out and had fun with my ratty. Practised some building myself and was teaching her how to do some basic building stuff. They really need this game mode permanent.

I told her that I wont be giving her money for v bucks, but I will get her next season pass and if she will want skins, she will have to put effort in to it and unlock them by playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is anyone else following this stuff? https://www.gamesradar.com/fortnites-durr-burger-mascot-found-in-a-real-world-desert-after-being-devoured-by-an-in-game-rift/ Its really cool what they’re doing with this game.

Well lads. Got myself new headset and 10eu credit for ratties season pass today.
    So old headset goes to ratty and we both will go in to new season on friday. Its a shame I am working tomorrow. :(

Oh yeah, I had proper proud father moment the other day. My ratty played and I heard her say, when she killed someone: Ha!You no skin, noob!

I could almost cry. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I removed my kids internet access when he said something similar online. Different strokes ....

Morrows patch is going to be big and Canny Valley gets Act 1 so worth moving on from Plank now. 5th biome of anyone PL100+

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I removed my kids internet access when he said something similar online. Different strokes ....

Marty-McFly-What.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

nix wrote: »
    Marty-McFly-What.gif

I dont encourage my kids to ****e talk online :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I dont encourage my kids to ****e talk online :confused:

Wouldn't call someone using the noob word ****e talk, more like friendly banter :pac:

But yeah, as you said, different strokes :p

• Advertisement

In the run up to season 5, Epic placed llamas in major cities in Europe including London and Paris. They really know how to ramp up their marketing considering the recent burger head in the desert stunt!

Advertisement