Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I dont encourage my kids to ****e talk online :confused:

You cant talk ****e to people in BR and she has no mic... so... and hows that shiete talk is a bit beyond me.

Though as you said, strokes and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/patch-notes/v5-0

WEAPONS + ITEMS
    Shotguns will now indicate how many pellets hit, visible within the reticle.
    Adjusted shotgun spread patterns to be consistent with no random variation.
    Heavy Shotgun now fires 10 pellets rather than 5.
    Maximum damage for the Heavy Shotgun remains unchanged.
    After firing a shotgun, another shotgun cannot be fired for a very short time.
    Reduced Hunting Rifle aim assist when targeting to match that of other Sniper Rifles with projectile bullets.
    Changed the damage drop-off profile for the Suppressed SMG to be the same as other SMGs.
    Fall off starts at 24 meters from 28 meters.
    Damage reduced to 80% at 35 meters from 85% at 47.5 meters.
    Damage reduced to 65% at 50+ meters from 75% at 70+ meters.

GAMEPLAY
    All Terrain Kart (ATK)
    - The new All Terrain Kart (ATK) has room for your entire squad.
    - Get a speed boost after drifting.
    - The roof acts as a bounce pad.
    - Work together as rear passengers to leap over obstacles with the All Terrain Kart (ATK). Lean back and release at the same time for a higher jump.
    - Lean back by holding S on keyboards or holding back on the thumbstick for controllers.

Map Updated
    - New Biome: Desert
    - New Location: Paradise Palms
    -New Location: Lazy Links
    - A few unnamed POIs have also appeared across the island.

The center of Storm circles 7, 8, and 9 can now shift in random directions (instead of simply shrinking). As the storm closes in, it will move & shrink to the new location.
    Starting in Season 5, progressive challenges will no longer be restricted to a single season. You can now complete progressive challenges at your own pace.
    Progressive challenges are now completed by acquiring a fixed amount of XP and is no longer dependant on your season level.
    Gyro/motion controls have been added to the Nintendo Switch. Adjust these options in the Settings menu.
    Weekly challenges are now split into two sections, free and Battle Pass. The first 3 challenges will be available for free while the last 4 are only available if you own the Battle Pass. The threshold to unlock the weekly challenge reward will remain at 4.
    Down But Not Out players now have smaller collision. Previously their collision was at the standing height which blocked DBNO players from crawling under doors and blocked building collision in some cases.
    Players that were crouching when knocked Down But Not Out will be returned to a crouching state upon revival.
    Emoting will now interrupt sprinting.
    You now earn XP for reviving teammates in 50v50 and Teams of 20 LTMs up to three times per match (30XP, 10XP, 10XP).
    Weapon reticle will now fade slightly when reloading, out of ammo, or changing weapons.
    The player camera can now see out of the water when walking in lakes.

It sucks that I have to work all day today. :(

Have fun lads!!!

ivZICNv.jpg

• Advertisement

Just watched the trailer for season 5 and I hate being at work even more. I grabbed my switch and will see ifi can play a bit during break, but we have crappy 24 log in wifi in hotel and I dont know if switch will be able to connect to it asit has no browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The new map area is cool. Kind of desert resort themed. There’s also these big off-road buggies that people can now drive around the map. There’s space for 4 people in them but I don’t know how useful they’ll be really. I blew up one with 2 guys in it, a whole clip from a gold scar was enough but unfortunately the people in it don’t die when it gets destroyed. Not mad on any of the new skins but I bought the battle pass anyway. Dusty divot has been overgrown by a forest now and the hop rocks seem to be gone. I only played a few rounds of 50 v 50, I’m sure theres loads of small things I haven’t noticed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Played for about an hour and a half and got 1 Solo Win and 1 Squad Win. They made it where time slows down almost to a stop as soon as you kill the last guy. In the solo win, I was spamming AR shots on the last guy and then all of a sudden this loud noise comes on and time slowed down. Didn't know what the f**k what going on until I saw the Victory Royale pop up on the screen :pac: I thought I got hit by some time warp grenade or some s**t.

MadYaker wrote: »
    The new map area is cool. Kind of desert resort themed. There’s also these big off-road buggies that people can now drive around the map. There’s space for 4 people in them but I don’t know how useful they’ll be really. I blew up one with 2 guys in it, a whole clip from a gold scar was enough but unfortunately the people in it don’t die when it gets destroyed. Not mad on any of the new skins but I bought the battle pass anyway. Dusty divot has been overgrown by a forest now and the hop rocks seem to be gone. I only played a few rounds of 50 v 50, I’m sure theres loads of small things I haven’t noticed yet.

How do you find the speed of the buggies? I was driving one in a squad game and we couldn't outrun the 1st storm in it. I was the one with the lowest health so I got downed and died :(

They are pretty slow but if you drift using space bar you get a bit of a speed boost. Also the roof bounces you the same way tires do if you jump on it but you can take fall damage so be careful.

It's quite laggy for me now, even in solos. Not sure if its the servers getting hammered or my internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Is it just me or are there far more higher grade weapons popping out of the chests from the moment you land? I keep getting purple heavy shotguns and thermally scoped ARs.

• Advertisement

Finish 12h shift. Get out half an hour later then I should, drive for an hour home, get fast shower and turn on Tv silently as misses a sleep already.
    Then look at 9gb download. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Horde Bash is back in STW.

Its as easy or difficult as your team mates make it :)

So managed to play after work. Did the cheat thing and bought 25 tiers with all that v bucks I got in Save the world.
    One thing for sure. I am rusty as hell again. First games were just horrible, didn't got a kill for at least 5 matches. Was doing squads too as I had 2 dailies for it. Finished with those and can finally go back to favourite solos.
    Unfortunately for some reason I got server error and now I am in a queue for 20min. :(

New stuff is really cool so far. Epic did great job. Not fond of all new skins, but that new starter dude skin looks really cool. Cant think of names yet, but female version of the biker is very cool and thats what I am rocking now.
    I see now they have unlocks behind flat xp rates, not levels. Dont know if its better or worse. Anyone did maths already to find out if grind is longer or shorter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Finish 12h shift. Get out half an hour later then I should, drive for an hour home, get fast shower and turn on Tv silently as misses a sleep already.
    Then look at 9gb download. :pac:

Have Xbox set to instant On, downloaded when I got home.
    Mad busy yesterday. Played a few 50v50 to get used to new map.

Have Xbox set to instant On, downloaded when I got home.
    Mad busy yesterday. Played a few 50v50 to get used to new map.

My xbox is set to instant on, but it does not download updates anymore. Pretty sure it has something to do with my main xbox set on my daughters one.

Servers went down last night. So had to call it a night. Ah well, I am off today!

Biggest issue I have right now: I want to play save the world and BR. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

My xbox is set to instant on, but it does not download updates anymore. Pretty sure it has something to do with my main xbox set on my daughters one.

Servers went down last night. So had to call it a night. Ah well, I am off today!

Biggest issue I have right now: I want to play save the world and BR. :D

My download was 7.4GB. My super fast fibre had me back playing in about 5 minutes though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Didn't get a chance to play yesterday and I forgot to turn on the download :( with my crappy internet I'll be lucky to get on at all tonight

My download was 7.4GB. My super fast fibre had me back playing in about 5 minutes though :)

I have 240 and it still downloaded fast, but it was already the longest day at work, so even waiting a bit was a torture. :D

Good news everybody!!!!! You can unlock styles for skins even after season ends!!! So no need to grind like crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

I have 240 and it still downloaded fast, but it was already the longest day at work, so even waiting a bit was a torture. :D

Good news everybody!!!!! You can unlock styles for skins even after season ends!!! So no need to grind like crazy!

From what I'm reading it's based on lifetime XP and not season XP to unlock the styles

Also I can't wait to finish work!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

First time I've bought the season pass in 3 seasons playing so I'll be grinding like crazy. Any tips on usual llama spawns to complete the weekly challenge? The 3 grenade kills is gonna be a bit of a bitch, too I reckon!

• Advertisement

Duff wrote: »
    First time I've bought the season pass in 3 seasons playing so I'll be grinding like crazy. Any tips on usual llama spawns to complete the weekly challenge? The 3 grenade kills is gonna be a bit of a bitch, too I reckon!

Lamas are just pure luck. I would not even hunt for it. Eventually you will find one. Keep in mind, only 3 spawn per map.
    3 granade kills are a bitch. I was so raging this morning, because last night I killed fella with granade in solos, but whole crash happened and it did not count! Managed to get one more today, but still need two more.

Will do some more BR and then will go play save the world. Dont want to miss out on both, but tier boost and xp not locked to season will give me time to enjoy, not just grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Llamas are completely random as far as I know.

The grenade kills would be handy enough in the team mode

Dont be mad lads, but I found two lamas next to each other in one game. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Dont be mad lads, but I found two lamas next to each other in one game. :D

Yeah that's happened to me before. Found 2 Llamas at the North East corner of the map, near Risky Reels. And that was before they nerfed the materials you get. Back then you got 500 of each mat so after opening both, I had 999 wood, stone and metal :P

Now though that I need to open one for the challenge, I can't seem to find one. Typical :rolleyes: I know I'll find one eventually, but I just want the challenge over and done with asap.

Look up in trees, almost every time I’ve found a llama it’s been in a tree. The spawns aren’t random though. There are certain spots where llamas can spawn, but there’s loads of them and only 3 llamas spawn per game so trying to memorize the locations like you would with
    chests is pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

50 v 50 mode is the easiest way to get grenade kills. Remember you can knock the enemies by any method and just use the grenade to finish them off. Also works for trap elimination challenges.

50 v 50 mode is the easiest way to get grenade kills. Remember you can knock the enemies by any method and just use the grenade to finish them off. Also works for trap elimination challenges.

Can confirm. I did my last two granade kills in first 50v50.
    I would recommend though just scavange for granades and have a good chunk of them. Then go to main circle and look for those "nests". Then just start showering the nest and let your team mates finish them off when they downed.
    I did that, enemy had 1x1 little fort with few inside. So I just delivered 6 granades and got two knocked down, then just waited for no skins to finish them off. :)
    Anyway, I got all my challenges done last night and reached level 17 with tier 43. Working all weekend again, so wont be able to play properly until monday.

Now on the Save the world. I was looking forward to zone 3 story line, but looks like its not coming this patch.

My first horde mode and I hate it.

Lobbers are just pure stupid in this mode. Specifically all lobber waves. Its frustrating, not fun.
    People leaving matches and you still need to defend 4 forts.
    Rewards for missions are pathetic.

I like idea of limited recourses, but I am not sure its implementation works.

Could be fun mode, but it really needs a lot of work. Specifically in a game where afk farming, low level in high level missions and no player number scaling is a big thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I'm dreading the week they have a challenge to kill someone with the new sports equipment. It will make the trap kill challenge look easy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Can confirm. I did my last two granade kills in first 50v50.
    I would recommend though just scavange for granades and have a good chunk of them. Then go to main circle and look for those "nests". Then just start showering the nest and let your team mates finish them off when they downed.
    I did that, enemy had 1x1 little fort with few inside. So I just delivered 6 granades and got two knocked down, then just waited for no skins to finish them off. :)
    Anyway, I got all my challenges done last night and reached level 17 with tier 43. Working all weekend again, so wont be able to play properly until monday.

Now on the Save the world. I was looking forward to zone 3 story line, but looks like its not coming this patch.

My first horde mode and I hate it.

Lobbers are just pure stupid in this mode. Specifically all lobber waves. Its frustrating, not fun.
    People leaving matches and you still need to defend 4 forts.
    Rewards for missions are pathetic.

I like idea of limited recourses, but I am not sure its implementation works.

Could be fun mode, but it really needs a lot of work. Specifically in a game where afk farming, low level in high level missions and no player number scaling is a big thing.

Level 17 With tier 43? How? You buy tiers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Level 17 With tier 43? How? You buy tiers?

I'm level 21 and tier 21 I think. You must have bought tiers? All chalenges done including secret battlestar

Advertisement