Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Anyone play the new mode yet?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Anyone play the new mode yet?

I had one very quick game, it's a total turn around to how you usually play, you land where the team goes and hard to get a gun st the start. It was fun though, these temporary game modes are a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Must be a bit of a cluster**** tho? Might give it a try later.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I played a few games of the new mode last night.

If you get a decent gun early and land with your team its pretty good.
    I think the zone moves faster though

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I played a few games of the new mode last night.

If you get a decent gun early and land with your team its pretty good.
    I think the zone moves faster though

Yeah it's fun. Think they could do more to distinguish your team mates though the little green arrows over their heads are hard to make out at times. Thankfully there's no friendly fire

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Yeah it's fun. Think they could do more to distinguish your team mates though the little green arrows over their heads are hard to make out at times. Thankfully there's no friendly fire

Yeah it’s near impossible to collaborate with your team. Only 2-3 people show up in your team similar to Squads and everyone else is given the green arrow.

I had a game where I was the last 1 of my team and the other team still had 15. They eventually got me as the circle shrank. 15 Lara Crofts running towards shooting and then all doing the loser dance. The only time I’ve lost where I’ve laughed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I've had this downloaded a while but only really gave it a proper go doing four player squad with a mate last night.

1st game landed in a prison, dead within 45 seconds.

2nd game landed in a Japanese garden dead in 120 seconds

The 3rd game we actually won. I couldn't believe it as we not only got separated from our team mates straight away but had spent a good chunk of the last part of the time building an elaborately fortified house with traps on top of a shopping centre that ended up in the dead zone as soon as the circle shrank :-/

While we were running from the storm we got caught in the open and shot by the last enemy team, leaving us crawling around like a mini human centipede while they danced. That was until our missing two squad mates appeared and killed the last of the enemy team, giving us victory :D

Bloody good laugh so it was, but the PS4 contols feel a little clunky. Must go on later and give the 20 vs 20 a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

fixxxer wrote: »
    While we were running from the storm we got caught in the open and shot by the last enemy team, leaving us crawling around like a mini human centipede while they danced. That was until our missing two squad mates appeared and killed the last of the enemy team, giving us victory :D

Man I love it when that happens! :D Even when it's not in squads it's a beautiful thing to witness... I was eliminated in solos, and the guy who killed me immediately started doing that annoying arm-swingy dance move thing, and about 2 seconds into his stupid dance he was one-shot killed by a sniper from 160 metres out.

Even though it was of absolutely no benefit to me, it was sweeter than if I'd had killed him myself. How I LOL'd! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

First time i played it, i think nearly all 20 teammates landed in Retail Row. Heard a couple of gunshots in the first few minutes, then nothing for ages. Luckily we were in the center of the circle so we didn't have to move, so i spent my time gathering resources and building a giant for. After a few minutes my team had 17 people left and while there was only 7 enemies total left. A minute or two later, we won...i didn't see one enemy lol. Kinda of a weird first game so i didn't know what to think. After playing it a couple more times it became obvious that that scenario was the perfect scenario for an easy win.

One of the funniest things to happen because its very hard to distinguish who's on your team is that in one of my games when we had a squad of about 15 all bunched together. I noticed there was one guy without a green arrow in the middle of the squad. I trailed him for about a minute or two, he wasn't shooting anybody, he was just chopping down houses like the rest of us in the squad, moving with the squad, going in and out of forts so nonchalantly and just mimicking everything our squad was doing. It was hilarious that nobody noticed (or maybe they did notice but nobody had the heart to tell he can't be part of our squad). He was intermixed with or team for a least a minute or two before some insecure teammate who was probably jealous of our new friend, shotgunned him...bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Overall i love the 20 squad game. Its a ton of fun if your terrible like me as you get to be way more aggressive attacking enemies as you know you have a giant squad to revive you so i get way more kills than in a regular game. Not to mention the giant battles can be madness.

What's interesting is that if you put your marker on the map first as you wait for the bus to take off, 90% of the time nearly all your teammates will follow your decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭gerrykeegan

Do you know if my two young lads can play it at the same time? At the moment they have to take it in turns.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Nailz wrote: »
    Man I love it when that happens! :D Even when it's not in squads it's a beautiful thing to witness... I was eliminated in solos, and the guy who killed me immediately started doing that annoying arm-swingy dance move thing, and about 2 seconds into his stupid dance he was one-shot killed by a sniper from 160 metres out.

Even though it was of absolutely no benefit to me, it was sweeter than if I'd had killed him myself. How I LOL'd! :D

Sweet justice. There was a guy on my team who threw a gun on the ground for me as he had two and I had none. When I went over to get it he picked it up again and did the loser dance. :( I may or may not have accidently run past him later when he needed to be revived...

fixxxer wrote: »
    Sweet justice. There was a guy on my team who threw a gun on the ground for me as he had two and I had none. When I went over to get it he picked it up again and did the loser dance. :( I may or may not have accidently run past him later when he needed to be revived...

Yea that can happen unfortunately. We had a random. Not only did he Rob my scar from in front of me, he waited at every chest as teamates opened them and took best loot.
    He was downed whilst acting the eegit so I built around him and built a ramp over him to keep him safe. So safe we forgot to revive him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭klose

The 20 team game mode is gas craic, everyone just seems to gather round and mass destroy all standing buildings at the start of the round.

Finally started getting some wins....and they're not all tracking in the stats :( Got ay least 4 now and its only showing 1. Do you need to get the last shot in squads and duo to be considered a win?

Finally started getting some wins....and they're not all tracking in the stats :( Got ay least 4 now and its only showing 1. Do you need to get the last shot in squads and duo to be considered a win?

No, not at all but the special modes do not count.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

No if you're on the winning team, you get the win. Doesn't matter if you fire a single shot or not, you'll still get it.

When did you get those wins? There were days in December where the wins weren't counting for everyone. It happened also last month iirc. I had 2 wins last month that didn't count. Epic said they would add them later, but don't get your hopes up. The wins in December still have not been added to accounts.

No, not at all but the special modes do not count.

They've changed that a while ago. LTM wins now count as squad wins.

Looks like it's still not fixed. 4 wins over the past week. Only showing 1 in stats. Got a win today, yesterday, one at some stage during the week and one last weekend. Last weekend was 1st win ever and got the umbrella for it so I'm guessing that is the win registered in my stats. So possibly since then no wins have been registering.

Looks like it's still not fixed. 4 wins over the past week. Only showing 1 in stats. Got a win today, yesterday, one at some stage during the week and one last weekend. Last weekend was 1st win ever and got the umbrella for it so I'm guessing that is the win registered in my stats. So possibly since then no wins have been registering.

Got 4 squad wins over the last week, all registered for me

Got 4 squad wins over the last week, all registered for me

Im not saying its broken completely. Seems to be random. Other people complaining even after they said they fixed it. It is beta I suppose. Just my luck though. I only jumped into this game to help the young lad out....now I'm hooked :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Ninja was streaming Fortnite on Twitch not long ago with Drake and Travis Scott. Had 600k viewers or something crazy like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jamescd wrote: »
    Ninja was streaming Fortnite on Twitch not long ago with Drake and Travis Scott. Had 600k viewers or something crazy like that.

Ninja averages about 70k a stream, the kid is mental at the game to be fair.

As far as I know the highest viewers for a single streamer was set by the doc a few weeks ago, that was at just under 400k.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Finally cleared out the first 3 weeks of challenges so I’m fresh for week 4.

Best way to get good at this game is kind of counter intuitive. You feel like you should learn to be stealthy and hide. In actual fact you should land in busy locations and fight.

Played 30 games in 1 night by landing in a hot location. Died lots (obviously!) but my ability to take out opponents sharpened fast. While I’ve had a couple of squad successes in the past I’ve never felt deserving as my kill ratio was low. Now I’ve a higher kill list per game.

Of course I’m probably preaching to the choir by saying this here! :)

I'm thinking the trap one will be hard. Best do it in solo

You should still be able to do the knock down trick in duo/squads for the trap kill I think. Knock down somebody with any gun (AR, shotgun, etc.), then build a 1x1 fort around him so he can't escape and then place a trap on the floor. I'm pretty sure the trap will activate and finish off the downed guy. That way you don't have to sit in a house praying somebody accidentally runs into your trap.

I got the pistol and crossbow kill challenges done that way. Knock somebody down with AR/shotgun, then finish them off with pistol or crossbow.

I heard after I completed the crossbow one that that works lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

just playing the game normally will complete the challenges i find, no real need to rush them unless you want something attainable that week but when you get the high tiers it's slow going gaining tiers through leveling

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I never give a fcuk about challenges in games. Winning games is challenge enough for me! Only 19 wins in well over 300 games :( All solo though

• Advertisement

KilOit wrote: »
    just playing the game normally will complete the challenges i find, no real need to rush them unless you want something attainable that week but when you get the high tiers it's slow going gaining tiers through leveling

Yea a and the challenges carry over anyway. You don't loose them after the week so that's good

Advertisement