Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Census data is all available from the CSO website.

I chose a radius large enough to exclude where I life as I'm not affected by concerts although I live nearby.
    You mean "real Dubs"?

Does it really matter how long they've been living there or whether they rent/buy?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CapricornOne

Another Facebook gem

"It is amazing to see that Garth can unite the country & around the world ! I think we should have HIM in government ! Well he couldn't do any worse than what's in it already !"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Happyman42 wrote: »
    croke Park won't be driving this

they will
    the residents have them over a barrel

they don't
    you will have every relevant government official pouring over the agreement too so that they don't try it on again.

not at all
    As I said earlier in the thread, even if the gigs go ahead, Croke Park is effectively snookered.

no, this will die down and it will be back to business

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Can we take it that they are off now, for good? The refunds are due to go through in 3 days time, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Can we take it that they are off now, for good? The refunds are due to go through in 3 days time, no?

One poster on here has had their refund already, they had a ticket for Saturday and had the money refunded to their card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Another Facebook gem

"It is amazing to see that Garth can unite the country & around the world ! I think we should have HIM in government ! Well he couldn't do any worse than what's in it already !"

Keep 'em coming! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Are the gigs off for definite or what? Can someone provide a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Census data is all available from the CSO website.

I chose a radius large enough to exclude where I life as I'm not affected by concerts although I live nearby.
    You mean "real Dubs"?

I know it's available, but I would like you to tell me what area you used, otherwise how can anyone confirm your figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CapricornOne

Nothing has "officially" changed since the "official" announcement that all 5 are off. I think it's fair to say that at this point in time they're off.

• Advertisement

Aiken released a statement stating all concerts were cancelled. There has been nothing since and people have received refunds already so I'd take it as gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Ace2007 wrote: »
    LOL - keep on digging,

When you finished digging, maybe acknowledge that you were wrong when you said no law was broken.

@EOTR

I see you still haven't acknowledge this.

In fact refusing to accept you were proven wrong, just shows everyone how pathetic your arguments are, you post constantly on these threads, telling everyone else they are wrong, but when someone proves to you there you are wrong, your ignore it and keep on criticising others.

Must be Sad to live with this mentality.

the GAA could afford to get the best in the business to find anything at all they can use to put in the agreement to get around it when needs be

What, like 'the Massey pre-nup' perhaps!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

the GAA could afford to get the best in the business to find anything at all they can use to put in the agreement to get around it when needs be

And yet we still have 5 concerts cancelled ;)

I have to say the interview GB gave was a rather strange affair. Reminded me of an episode of Bullseye with Jim Bowen saying "and here's what you could have won".

Talk about rubbing the poor fans noses in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

muddypaws wrote: »
    You might want to take a look at the vast number of protesters in Dublin today, who want the concerts put back on. The estimated number is 50. Yep, not 50,000, but 50. Perhaps have a look at the photos of the protest, and the looks of disbelief and derision on passers by faces. So, I don't think bowing to the wishes of 50 people, a lot of whom, judging by their accents aren't from Eire, is particularly democratic.

Eire ? WTF LOL

400,000 people. Not 50.

JRant wrote: »
    Not at all, EOTR's plan is so cunning that the residents will never see it coming. Much like the Spanish inquisition.

The same EOTR who claimed there would be no chance that ANY concerts would cancelled never mind all five :D

they will

they don't

not at all

no, this will die down and it will be back to business

No it won't

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

According to thepropertypin.ie senior civil civil servants may be drafting emergency legislation to allow the five concerts to go ahead as planned:

http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62892

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Look, whatever side your on, whatever party you decide to blame!....
    No one can deny that Ireland is on the verge of losing out on the biggest entertainment event of the Decade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

i'm sure the GAA could make things a lot more difficult for residents then residents could for the GAA
    I think you missed my question on this - what could the GAA do to make things more difficult for residents than the residents stopping 5 sell out concerts?

bumper234 wrote: »
    The same EOTR who claimed there would be no chance that ANY concerts would cancelled never mind all five :D

Yep, a true trade unionist who's solution to everything is compo, compo and more compo.

bumper234 wrote: »
    The same EOTR who stated he would be surprised if ANY or all concerts would be cancelled but said anything is possible

fixed

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    I think you missed my question on this - what could the GAA do to make things more difficult for residents than the residents stopping 5 sell out concerts?
    you would have to ask the GAA, one thing they could do is indefinitely remove any investment in sport in the local area

JRant wrote: »
    Yep, a true trade unionist who's solution to everything is compo, compo and more compo.

i'm not a trade unionist, but i have a lot of respect for unions, brendan ogle was one of the best union men we have ever seen but like any human being he even made mistakes

ardle1 wrote: »
    Look, whatever side your on, whatever party you decide to blame!....
    No one can deny that Ireland is on the verge of losing out on the biggest entertainment event of the Decade.

Troyal Garth Brooks cancelled his gigs, of that there can be no doubt or blame shifted elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭That_Girl_ Is_ A_Cowboy

My sister is the best. She often has dreams and are freaky as fùck and often her dreams develops into phsyic stuff. Like she dreamt of standing in a house for a funeral and in her dream she stood in a hall way looking at orange walls and crying. A few weeks later that's exactly what happens.

She dreamt in febraury that a brother of ours, who's abroad was expecting a baby and the baby was a girl. In April, we found out news that he and his partner were expecting a baby and weeks later we found out baby is indeed a girl.

There's been so much physic stuff coming into her dreams for years.

She told me just there of last's nights dream (she's a big fan of Garth Brooks).

She told she dreamt that 3 went ahead and another concert went ahead for september the 20th.

September the 20th could have fallen on any day of the week - she checked the calendar after waking and september the 20th falls on a saturday. Which is also 11 weeks away. If things don't work out on Monday, this could be a possibilty but it's over in the Brooks camp really on whether he agrees and if his show is definately designed for evening/night, September would be a good time.

Whether anything comes from this remains to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Piliger wrote: »
    Eire ? WTF LOL

400,000 people. Not 50.

Do you not know where Eire is? Do you need a map?

Really, 400,000 people were marching in Dublin today? how the hell did I miss that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

you would have to ask the GAA, one thing they could do is indefinitely remove any investment in sport in the local area
    And exacerbate the problem? They want to make money, that is why the residents have them snookered. They have to reach an agreeent, no promoter will touch the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

My sister is the best. She often has dreams and are freaky as fùck and often her dreams develops into phsyic stuff. Like she dreamt of standing in a house for a funeral and in her dream she stood in a hall way looking at orange walls and crying. A few weeks later that's exactly what happens.

She dreamt in febraury that a brother of ours, who's abroad was expecting a baby and the baby was a girl. In April, we found out news that he and his partner were expecting a baby and weeks later we found out baby is indeed a girl.

There's been so much physic stuff coming into her dreams for years.

She told me just there of last's nights dream (she's a big fan of Garth Brooks).

She told she dreamt that 3 went ahead and another concert went ahead for september the 20th.

September the 20th could have fallen on any day of the week - she checked the calendar after waking and september the 20th falls on a saturday. Which is also 11 weeks away. If things don't work out on Monday, this could be a possibilty but it's over in the Brooks camp really on whether he agrees and if his show is definately designed for evening/night, September would be a good time.

Whether anything comes from this remains to be seen.

Proof that Garth Brooks fans are mental.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement