Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

ardle1 wrote: »
    Look, whatever side your on, whatever party you decide to blame!....
    No one can deny that Ireland is on the verge of losing out on the biggest entertainment event of the Decade.

You have got to joking me. It really is only the biggest entertainment event of the decade if you're a Garth Brooks fan and want to be there.

The rest of us really couldn't give a toss.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Happyman42 wrote: »
    And exacerbate the problem? They want to make money, that is why the residents have them snookered. They have to reach an agreeent, no promoter will touch the place.
    the residents don't have them snookered, by removing investment and having less concerts the proffits would be higher as they would have no local sport to invest in

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭That_Girl_ Is_ A_Cowboy

Davei141 wrote: »
    Proof that Garth Brooks fans are mental.

The woman does have physic dreams although I've probably jinxed it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

This is good enough for me.. I think this just makes me realise how desperate I am for these to go ahead, the fact that I'm gettin hope from your sisters dreams..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

the residents don't have them snookered, by removing investment and having less concerts the proffits would be higher as they would have no local sport to invest in

Idiotic post of the week right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

My sister is the best. She often has dreams and are freaky as fùck and often her dreams develops into phsyic stuff. Like she dreamt of standing in a house for a funeral and in her dream she stood in a hall way looking at orange walls and crying. A few weeks later that's exactly what happens.

She dreamt in febraury that a brother of ours, who's abroad was expecting a baby and the baby was a girl. In April, we found out news that he and his partner were expecting a baby and weeks later we found out baby is indeed a girl.

There's been so much physic stuff coming into her dreams for years.

She told me just there of last's nights dream (she's a big fan of Garth Brooks).

She told she dreamt that 3 went ahead and another concert went ahead for september the 20th.

September the 20th could have fallen on any day of the week - she checked the calendar after waking and september the 20th falls on a saturday. Which is also 11 weeks away. If things don't work out on Monday, this could be a possibilty but it's over in the Brooks camp really on whether he agrees and if his show is definately designed for evening/night, September would be a good time.

Whether anything comes from this remains to be seen.

Well the 20th of Sept wont even be an option as the All Ireland football final is usually scheduled around then - im as desperate as the next person for these gigs to go ahead

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

No she doesn't. No one does.

fifi28 wrote: »
    Well the 20th of Sept wont even be an option as the All Ireland football final is usually scheduled around then - im as desperate as the next person for these gigs to go ahead

I thought about that too. Well maybe the gaa can send the all ireland final teams packing to another stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I can foresee this thread continually going round in circles.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

She dreamt that there was a baby girl on the way before there was any such news not to mention other dreams too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I thought about that too. Well maybe the gaa can send the all ireland final teams packing to another stadium.

Yeah the GAA should tell the GAA to get fúcked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

There was nothing on the news or in the papers about it today. I was so excited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

There was nothing on the news or in the papers about it today. I was so excited :)

Seems like it was five day wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

That may be the most ridiculous idea put forward in this whole debacle so far

Ya wha?

Yep, the GAA not investing in local sport would be a total runner!!

Would go against every single thing they stand for but as long as they get one up on the residents then plough on.

That may be the most ridiculous idea put forward in this whole debacle so far

Remember when the lisdoonvarna festival was held in Dublin one year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

She dreamt that there was a baby girl on the way before there was any such news not to mention other dreams too.

Are you on banned substances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

The biggest mistake the Croke Park made was allowing this to affect others. Ya think Enda will want this to happen again? A few phonecalls and Croke Park will ate whatever grass it takes. it is now very much in their interests to get it sorted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Remember when the lisdoonvarna festival was held in Dublin one year.

Who could ever forget that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

• Advertisement

Are you on banned substances?

That's so funny. No I'm not but I haven't been eating or sleeping properly for the past fornight and my diet lately consists of mainly red bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Wait for Tuesday when the refunds begin. They'll be people crying all over the country. It'll be in the news again.

Rumour in a similar thread on thepropertypin.
    My contact tells me that what is proposed is an amendment to some planning act or other to force a planning application for a large scale outdoor event to be made at least 6 months in advance of the event in future and that consultation with residents etc will have to be concluded before the application. This will 'commence' on the 15 July 2014.

The outdoor event regulations will then be amended straight off to take that 6 month pre event window into account and to allow the minister to force through any proposed event ( by ministerial order) ONLY where the planning application was not received by the 15 January 2014 as an interim measure.

That's so funny. No I'm not but I haven't been eating or sleeping properly for the past fornight and my diet lately consists of mainly red bull.

In all seriousness if this is affecting you in such a way then please go talk to a professional. I understand your disappointment but it's only a concert.

Honestly if you feel you can't cope and are living off red bull seek help.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I love Garth Brooks.

I love Garth Brooks.

Garth Brooks does not love you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I obviously missed the Brooks love in all over Ireland - is this the earliest post that showed potential problems with this gig (nearly 6 months ago)?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88501293&postcount=10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Stopped keeping up with this thread ages so probably been posted already, but for those saying this thing is making news around the world, well it is, but not for the reasons you think

The world is truly baffled by Ireland’s obsession with Garth Brooks via DailyEdge.ie http://jrnl.ie/1566870

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Magaggie wrote: »
    Would he have played any Chris Gaines stuff if the concerts went ahead?

How much must the residents be punished?!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

Out of curiosity, did any of the posters so vehemently defending Brooks in the thread actually go to the protest today?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement