Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Out of curiosity, did any of the posters so vehemently defending Brooks in the thread actually go to the protest today?

They were probably all over at the protest that single-handedly ended the Israel-Palestine situation once and for all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

She dreamt that there was a baby girl on the way before there was any such news not to mention other dreams too.

She won a coin flip......congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I love Garth Brooks.

And why not. Most of the whingers and Brooks haters hereabouts are One Direction fans but would never admit it ;) if anyone cancelled one of their gigs they'd be on here demanding government action with a vengeance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Piliger wrote: »
    And why not. Most of the whingers and Brooks haters hereabouts are One Direction fans but would never admit it ;) if anyone cancelled one of their gigs they'd be on here demanding government action with a vengeance :D

Absolutely, I would demand not only the government but also the president step in and create some sort of presidential merit award to present to whoever got the gigs cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

bumper234 wrote: »
    Idiotic post of the week right there.

Did you miss the one about your one's dream?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Piliger wrote: »

Yeah because no gig has every been cancelled before in the history of the state.

It's a complete first.

Nobody has had to deal with this before, ever.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

JRant wrote: »
    Yeah because no gig has every been cancelled before in the history of the state.

It's a complete first.

They couldn't possibly cancell Dolly Parton in the Marquee instead ???

But Garth Brooks.

Why does Dolly Parton get to play ? Working 9 to 5.

i'm not a trade unionist, but i have a lot of respect for unions, brendan ogle was one of the best union men we have ever seen but like any human being he even made mistakes

Honest question here, how can you flip-flop so much on the exact same issues?

You'll wax lyrical on one thread telling the little man to stand up to the big bad bully (Aer Lingus, taxi drivers etc) yet can instantly turn up on a different thread and state that the little man should bow down to the big corporation just so supply can meet demand.

Which is it?

They couldn't possibly cancell Dolly Parton in the Marquee instead ???

But Garth Brooks.

Why does Dolly Parton get to play ? Working 9 to 5.

Probably because the organisers met all the prerequisites to obtain a license I would imagine.

Unfortunately for you and many other fans Aiken did not and for the gigs that licenses were granted for Troyal couldn't be arsed coming over to do.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Did you miss the one about your one's dream?

Garths psychic sidekick :D

• Advertisement

Honest question here, how can you flip-flop so much on the exact same issues?

You'll wax lyrical on one thread telling the little man to stand up to the big bad bully (Aer Lingus, taxi drivers etc) yet can instantly turn up on a different thread and state that the little man should bow down to the big corporation just so supply can meet demand.

Which is it?

There's a name for what she does,i would mention it but mods ya know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Are they off or what?

Probably because the organisers met all the prerequisites to obtain a license I would imagine.

Unfortunately for you and many other fans Aiken did not and for the gigs that licenses were granted for Troyal couldn't be arsed coming over to do.

Aiken did have everything in order to get the licence. They were caught in the middle of petty little squabbles of the residents.

Are they off or what?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Yes

Link? The OH doesn't believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Aiken did have everything in order to get the licence. They were caught in the middle of petty little squabbles of the residents.

They are not petty squabbles. They are real concerns. And five concerts in a row was excessive to be frank.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭paddyirish23

Yes

Not off till someone says as much on Monday I've a feeling the 3 will go ahead garth doesn't want to piss too many ppl off especially if he was offered all five and said he'll do anything so time we found out at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CapricornOne

Link? The OH doesn't believe me.

aikenpromotions.com/component/content/article/1-latest-news/2153-the-garth-brooks-comeback-special-event.html

This is still the official stance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Calina wrote: »
    And five concerts in a row was excessive to be frank.

But 4 in 2 days isn't?!

• Advertisement

Not off till someone says as much on Monday I've a feeling the 3 will go ahead garth doesn't want to piss too many ppl off especially if he was offered all five and said he'll do anything so time we found out at this stage

It's already been announced as off as I've just posted. Refunds begin on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

It's a complete first.

Has a gig ever specifically been cancelled because of nimbyism before?

Calina wrote: »
    They are not petty squabbles. They are real concerns. And five concerts in a row was excessive to be frank.

Real concerns with fake objections, and an injunction which was never about the concerts.

But yeah, maybe five in a row was excessive and they should have had a better plan in place. Three one weekend and two the following weekend or something.

Application for a licence does not guarantee said licence will be granted!

Has a gig ever specifically been cancelled because of nimbyism before?

No idea tbh but we know this gig isn't one of them.

So they didn't engage with ALL the stakeholders to ensure objections would be kept to a minimum then.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭paddyirish23

It's already been announced as off as I've just posted. Refunds begin on Tuesday

Just playing hard ball our garth was he now has rang enda and has had everything explained to him 3 now 2 later on is the best will be settled on up to garth to decide if this come back special is as needed as a big sell for his world tour to really sell out he needs to decide soon

Just playing hard ball our garth was he now has rang enda and has had everything explained to him 3 now 2 later on is the best will be settled on up to garth to decide if this come back special is as needed as a big sell for his world tour to really sell out he needs to decide soon

Whilst at the same time leaving 400,000 fans in the lurch, possibly cancelling accommodation/plans as we speak?

Ok then...:rolleyes:

Real concerns with fake objections, and an injunction which was never about the concerts.

But yeah, maybe five in a row was excessive and they should have had a better plan in place. Three one weekend and two the following weekend or something.

To quote the great Johnny Giles, the promoter "didn't do his stuff".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

aikenpromotions.com/component/content/article/1-latest-news/2153-the-garth-brooks-comeback-special-event.html

This is still the official stance

That's as good as saying there's no chance it'll go ahead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement