Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Glad Brooks showed up DCC and the haters in Ireland for what they all are

Indeed he did. A classy guy who dealt with the screw ups and the haters extremely well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

nm wrote: »
    Great, who cares though. If other cities can take 7 and 8 gigs in the space of 10 days why can't Dublin take 5?

Because they refuse to listen to residents and come up with an enforcable agreement.
    They will now though, whatever happens, the greedy boys have gotten there fingers burnt Massive win for the little man-woman. I remember a time when a less self-entitled Ireland would have applauded that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Because they refuse to listen to residents and come up with an enforcable agreement.
    They will now though, whatever happens, the greedy boys have gotten there fingers burnt Massive win for the little man-woman. I remember a time when a less self-entitled Ireland would have applauded that.

The irony in that comment is delicious :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Jim Rockford

bumper234 wrote: »
    Showed the DCC up for being law abiding and sticking to the rules? Again i will point out that a licence applied for is not a licence guaranteed.

lol at pretending the planning tribunal and DCC corruption and incompetence never existed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Love what little bitches some people on this thread are simply because they're missing out on a concert. :D Because that's what it comes down to, not weak protestations about the economy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Piliger wrote: »
    Indeed he did. A scumbag who thought the laws of the land did not apply to him..

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Piliger wrote: »
    The irony in that comment is delicious :D

The Garth worshippers would have gotten over it, trust me, the residents however where facing more of this had Aitken/Croke Park gotten away with it.

Tarzana wrote: »
    Love what little bitches some people on this thread are simply because they're missing out on a concert. :D Because that's what it comes down to, not weak protestations about the economy.

Love they way the inward looking haters have to resort to name calling, while I'm looking forward to enjoying a concert abroad and spending my money abroad in a city with with competent and non corrupt planning department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

muddypaws wrote: »
    Sorry, he did 3 consecutive nights, day off, then 2, then back the following month for another 2.

Fair enough. Fecking Guinness Book of Records says 'Five in a Row'.

EDIT: ABBA played six consecutive nights is 1979:
    ABBA played six sold-out concerts, from 5 to 10 November 1979. The shows were filmed by Swedish television for a documentary which was released in 2004 on DVD as "ABBA in Concert".

FYP

The mask slips again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

lol at pretending the planning tribunal and DCC corruption and incompetence never existed

Lol at thinking a multimillionaire should think that the countries laws should not apply to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭fta93

Lol at alleging that fans of Stone Roses gigs bring sexual assaults with them. Lol indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭h2005

Love they way the inward looking haters have to resort to name calling, while I'm looking forward to enjoying a concert abroad and spending my money abroad in a city with with competent and non corrupt planning department.

You could always just stay abroad?

Lol at thinking a multimillionaire should think that the countries laws should not apply to him.

lol at pretending what happened to cover your embarrassment and ignoring DCC's already well proven incompetence and corruption

h2005 wrote: »
    You could always just stay abroad?

Or haters could get used the fact that, thankfully 400,000 people are not like you

Or haters could get used the fact that 400,000 people are not like you

Haters? What age are you?

Haters? What age are you?

Old enough not to care what music other people are into, and old enough to know a proven incompetent and corrupt planning system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

I'm thinking of entering this thread into the Guinness Book of records, would it have to be a record in this one thread or can I count all the Brooks threads and the Brooks spin off threads in the attempt?

Red Nissan wrote: »
    I'm thinking of entering this thread into the Guinness Book of records, would it have to be a record in this one thread or can I count all the Brooks threads and the Brooks spin off threads in the attempt?

400,000 that's a lot of people in a small country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

fta93 wrote: »
    Lol at alleging that fans of Stone Roses gigs bring sexual assaults with them. Lol indeed.

I've got bad intentions
    I intend to knock you down
    These stones I throw
    oh these French kisses...

• Advertisement

Old enough not to care what music other people are into, and old enough to know to know a proven incompetent and corrupt planning system.

Yet when thr planning system does go by the book you throw your toys out of the pram.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

400,000 that's a lot of people in a small country

I keep hearing where one of the big problems and why this is so uhem embarrassing is that not all of those 400,000 tickets were sold in Ireland. Foreigners were coming in to visit and so it was a TRAGEDY FOR TEH ECONOMY yeah?

And that lots of people bought more than one ticket....

Are you sure it's 400,000 individual persons living on this small island?

Yet when thr planning system does go by the book you throw your toys out of the pram.

Is that what you call the findings of a planning tribunal, lol

Calina wrote: »
    I keep hearing where one of the big problems and why this is so uhem embarrassing is that not all of those 400,000 tickets were sold in Ireland. Foreigners were coming in to visit and so it was a TRAGEDY FOR TEH ECONOMY yeah?

And that lots of people bought more than one ticket....

Are you sure it's 400,000 individual persons living on this small island?

Yeah you're right we're all going 5 times, according to the haters, it can be the only explanation that fits their world view or the poor dears will self destruct.
    At least people from 120 countries worldwide can now go somewhere else where they are wanted, somewhere where there is competent and honest planning system.
    They'll miss the banana's though. Oh that's right we don't even have those.

I never mentioned a planning tribunal. I'm talking about the decision with regard the 5 concerts. I would have thought that's quite clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Deliberately missing the point, makes a change from telling lies i suppose. As for hating you're the one who made nasty unfunded charges against Stone Roses fans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

I think maybe rural people are more likely to be Garth brooks fans? Just an observation

I never mentioned a planning tribunal. I'm talking about the decision with regard the 5 concerts. I would have thought that's quite clear.

A decision by a blatantly incompetent and corrupt planning authority and their cronies, you left that bit out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

Tarzana wrote: »

So, you're referring to certain people on the thread as being "little bitches".

Interesting. Will make a mental note of who thanks such snide remarks.

• Advertisement

So, you're referring to people on the thread as being "little bitches".

Interesting. Will make note of who thanks such snide remarks.

Haters gonna hate, I'm glad to see their hate filled blood boiling here for all to see here, and their love of their corrupt cronie planning system has been well exposed. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement