Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Him Rockford, are you from a rural background?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Happyman42 wrote: »
    The Garth worshippers would have gotten over it, trust me, the residents however where facing more of this had Aitken/Croke Park gotten away with it.

Exactly, something small-minded, wounded souls on this thread can't seem to grasp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Yeah you're right we're all going 5 times, according to the haters, it can be the only explanation that fits their world view or the poor dears will self destruct.
    At least people from 120 countries worldwide can now go somewhere else where they are wanted, somewhere where there is competent and honest planning system.
    They'll miss the banana's though. Oh that's right we don't even have those.

Your posts are bananas enough for the lot of them.

Would people stop feeding the troll? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭h2005

A decision by a blatantly incompetent and corrupt planning authority and their cronies, you left that bit out.

Just to be clear here are you accusing Owen Keegan of corruption?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

lol at pretending what happened to cover your embarrassment and ignoring DCC's already well proven incompetence and corruption

Źzzzzzzzzzz no more food.for you kiddo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I think maybe rural people are more likely to be Garth brooks fans? Just an observation

Correction. Garth Brooks fans are more likely to be rural people.

There's a difference that I'd like people to get, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭fta93

So, you're referring to certain people on the thread as being "little bitches".

Interesting. Will make a mental note of who thanks such snide remarks.

Just wondering, have you made a note of JimRockfords dangerous remarks that Stone roses gigs lead to sexual assaults and drug use? Or do you only condemn those that disagree with you?

400,000 that's a lot of people in a small country

400,000 tickets does not = 400,000 DUCY? anyway......click ;)

So, you're referring to certain people on the thread as being "little bitches".

Such powers of deduction.

Am I on 'The List' now? Well that just, that just... makes no difference to my life whatsoever.

• Advertisement

Does anyone else feel that's theyres somewhat of a rural/urban divide over this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭roshje

Ahh lads give it up if he plays he plays, if he doesnt he doesnt

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Glad Brooks showed up DCC and the haters in Ireland for what they all are

Get off our hate thread then :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Tarzana wrote: »
    Would people stop feeding the troll? :o

He wants his bananas! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

I'm looking forward to enjoying a concert abroad and spending my money abroad

At least you won't encounter the weird Garth cult that there is in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CapricornOne

Statement issued by The Labour Party:

It is time for Garth Brooks to make a final decision on whether he will play the three sell out concerts for which he has been granted a license by Dublin City Council.

It is time to take the quarter of a million fans who have purchased tickets out of their misery.

To date he has rejected all compromises and declared that it is “5 or none”. Nevertheless the ship with the equipment for the concerts was due to arrive in Dublin on Saturday and none of the tickets have been refunded to date.

The option is still there to play the three concerts now for which he has permission and apply for the two that were refused at a later stage.

He can thus accommodate 60% of his paying fans immediately and give the other 40% the option of a refund or a concert at later date in the same venue which would could take place under the original planning permission.

If Garth Brooks has his fans interest at heart as he says he has, then he should be prepared to a accept such a reasonable compromise solution.

It's up to Garth again. His call.

roshje wrote: »
    Ahh lads give it up if he plays he plays, if he doesnt he doesnt

He wont ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Statement issued by The Labour Party:

It is time for Garth Brooks to make a final decision on whether he will play the three sell out concerts for which he has been granted a license by Dublin City Council.

It is time to take the quarter of a million fans who have purchased tickets out of their misery.

To date he has rejected all compromises and declared that it is “5 or none”. Nevertheless the ship with the equipment for the concerts was due to arrive in Dublin on Saturday and none of the tickets have been refunded to date.

The option is still there to play the three concerts now for which he has permission and apply for the two that were refused at a later stage.

He can thus accommodate 60% of his paying fans immediately and give the other 40% the option of a refund or a concert at later date in the same venue which would could take place under the original planning permission.

If Garth Brooks has his fans interest at heart as he says he has, then he should be prepared to a accept such a reasonable compromise solution.

It's up to Garth again. His call.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that a decision needs to be made. It's dragging on far too long now and people just want to know where they stand however I'm happy the refunds have been delayed, it gives me a lil bit of hope that a compromise might happen even though there's a part of me that thinks it's unlikely

Don't get me wrong, I agree that a decision needs to be made. It's dragging on far too long now and people just want to know where they stand however I'm happy the refunds have been delayed, it gives me a lil bit of hope that a compromise might happen even though there's a part of me that thinks it's unlikely

Well it's all up to Garth now. Either he concedes that his "all 5 or nothing" ultimatum was a bluff or they're all dead in the water.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Labour Party are exposing what is going behind the scenes here. All the pressure is now on Garth to do the 3, I'd imagine.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Labour Party are exposing what is going behind the scenes here. All the pressure is now on Garth to do the 3, I'd imagine.

My inkling is that he'll go ahead do the 3 and the Brookonians will laud him for it.

"What a tough call"
    "What a man"
    "My hero"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

That's the end of it now I'd say.. though I said that 5 days ago too

Nobody comes out of it smelling of roses anyway.. that's for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

My inkling is that he'll go ahead do the 3 and the Brookonians will laud him for it.

"What a tough call"
    "What a man"
    "My hero"

What about his integrity and his filum?

I think rural communities will be disappointed if the concerts don't go ahead

That's the end of it now I'd say.. though I said that 5 days ago too

Nobody comes out of it smelling of roses anyway.. that's for sure
    Smelling of excrement, more like

"What a tough call"
    "What a man"
    "My hero"

While everyone else will be thinking

"What a muppet"
    "What a bunch of gullible mugs"
    "What a drama queen"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

Just got an email from ticketmaster they are delaying giving refunds till Thursday...... Something brewing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Smelling of excrement, more like
    Something is rotten in the land of Danny Boy.. ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement