Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CapricornOne

sjb25 wrote: »
    Just got an email from ticketmaster they are delaying giving refunds till Thursday...... Something brewing

They're awaiting Garth's final decision regarding the original 3 that were given planning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Happyman42 wrote: »
    What about his integrity and his filum?

His Sophie's Choice. :( :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

Ticketmaster would be in direct and constant contact with Aiken and if they are delaying refunds, it's for a very good reason.

This is the surest sign so far that at least three of the concerts will take place.

The fans may just get their gigs yet.

This calls for an encore :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

gugleguy wrote: »
    Something is rotten in the land of Danny Boy.. ...

Derry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Nobody comes out of it smelling of roses anyway.. that's for sure

Not at all. I think DCC comes out of it looking very good. They've gone up in my estimation a lot anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Tarzana wrote: »
    Not at all. I think DCC comes out of it looking very good. They've gone up in my estimation a lot anyway.

Yeah.. fair play to them for completely ignoring their agreement with residents and granting a licence for 3 concerts to begin with.

Gold stars for one and all.

Yeah.. fair play to them for completely ignoring their agreement with residents and granting a licence for 3 concerts to begin with.

The DCC had no agreement with residents. :confused: The GAA/CP did.

But anyway, whatever. You don't think DCC did a good job, I do. Sin é.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

DCC never had an agreement with the residents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Ticketmaster would be in direct and constant contact with Aiken and if they are delaying refunds, it's for a very good reason.
    Yes, Aitken trying to save his business

• Registered Users Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭JRant

This is the surest sign so far that at least three of the concerts will take place.

The fans may just get their gigs yet.

This calls for an encore :P

The encore will surely be an injuction.

I feel for his fans, I really do. He might backslide now and agree to hold the 3 gigs only to have a nice juicy injuction lodged scuttling any gigs.

What will he so with his 241 million sq feet HD screens and 4mile stage then?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Yes, Aitken trying to save his business

More like he doesn't have the money for the refunds.

The DCC had no agreement with residents. :confused: The GAA/CP did.

But anyway, whatever. You don't think DCC did a good job, I do. Sin é.

So they were right to grant a licence for the 3 nights, despite knowing that residents had made an agreement with CP, and despite being aware of the number of complaints / objections to any further gigs taking place this year?

What if they had granted all 5, or perhaps 4... would allowing 2 have been an incorrect decision?

The same residents would be objecting, and they'd be entitled to under the agreement they had.

DCC stumbled into making a 'correct' decision. Realistically it would not have made a whole lot of difference if they allowed all gigs or just one gig to take place. The same people would be complaining and the same reasons for objecting would be extolled.

Source on this agreement between DCC and the residents?

So they were right to grant a licence for the 3 nights, despite knowing that residents had made an agreement with CP, and despite being aware of the number of complaints / objections to any further gigs taking place this year?

Jeez man, let it gooooo. You were wrong. Move on with your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

JRant wrote: »
    The encore will surely be an injuction.

I feel for his fans, I really do. He might backslide now and agree to hold the 3 gigs only to have a nice juicy injuction lodged scuttling any gigs.

What will he so with his 241 million sq feet HD screens and 4mile stage then?

Its a one off stage. He could leave it with us and let us blast our garth brooks cd's for the night from the speakers. It'll be some craic.

What if they had granted all 5, or perhaps 4... would allowing 2 have been an incorrect decision?

The same residents would be objecting, and they'd be entitled to under the agreement they had.

DCC stumbled into making a 'correct' decision. Realistically it would not have made a whole lot of difference if they allowed all gigs or just one gig to take place. The same people would be complaining and the same reasons for objecting would be extolled.

Mr Keegan consulted his lawyers and was told he didn't need to take the agreement between CP and the residents.

Now have you a source for this agreement between DCC and the residents or not?

Its a one off stage. He could leave it with us and let us blast our garth brooks cd's for the night from the speakers. It'll be some craic.

Only if you set it up in your own garden. Best of luck with AGS trying to pull a stunt like that.

The DCC had no agreement with residents. :confused:
    bumper234 wrote: »
    DCC never had an agreement with the residents.
    Source on this agreement between DCC and the residents?

You know what he meant. That kind of crap sums up the bloody thread.

You know what he meant. That kind of crap sums up the bloody thread.

So I'm supposed to read minds now.

Also that's a bit rich coming from yourself.

Now have you a source for this agreement between DCC and the residents or not?

No, I was mistaken on that point. My sincerest apologies.

By all means ignore everything else I said though.

DCC are truly gods.. they have somehow managed to appease everyone while at the same time ignoring everyone. What a golden age to be alive.

• Advertisement

DCC are truly gods.. they have somehow managed to appease everyone while at the same time ignoring everyone. What a golden age to be alive.

I know, it's great, isn't it? :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Tánaiste Joan Burton says there is a “window of possibility” in reaching an agreement over the staging of the Garth Brooks concerts:
    A pragmatic solution to the Garth problem would be defenestration.

No worries.

As for the rest of your post, I actually think it was a fair compromise. The fri, sat & sun gigs get the nod but mon & tues non-runners due to unrealistic impositions placed on residents.

Pick a window?, the square one, the round one or the arched one! ;)

Excellent.

Defenestration is my word of the day, thank you.

As for the rest of your post, I actually think it was a fair compromise. The fri, sat & sun gigs get the nod but mon & tues non-runners due to unrealistic impositions placed on residents.

This is it. DCC actually struck a fair balance, IMO. I dunno, it's like some people are so blinkered in their dislike for the civil service in this country that they can't bring themselves to see that they sometimes get things right.

Excellent.

Defenestration is my word of the day, thank you.
    Autodefenestration, is even better, some people may find that this the only way out of this mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭ooter

It's DCC,not the DCC.
    Say the DCC one more time,I dare ye,I fcukin double dare ya..

So I'm supposed to read minds now.

Read minds?? It was fcuking obvious he was referring to the ABP / Croke Park agreement.
    Also that's a bit rich coming from yourself.

Not at all. All I've done is silence lies and untruths. The nobleman that I am.

You know the ones:

Aiken left it to the "last second" to apply for the licences.
    The resident complaints were all legitimate.
    Keegan stuck to his guns. He did his job well.
    Garth Brooks steals money off the sick and dying.
    The DCC can't make a decision on licence applications "by law" for ten weeks.

And other such nonsense...

• Advertisement

Autodefenestration, is even better, some people may find that this the only way out of this mess.

And then there's accidental autodefenestration:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry_Hoy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement