Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

ooter wrote: »
    It's DCC,not the DCC.
    Say the DCC one more time,I dare ye,I fcukin double dare ya..

He just did! Fight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Read minds?? It was fcuking obvious he was referring to the ABP / Croke Park agreement.

Not at all. All I've done is silence lies and untruths. The nobleman that I am.

You know the ones:

Aiken left it to the "last second" to apply for the licences.
    The resident complaints were all legitimate.
    Keegan stuck to his guns. He did his job well.
    Garth Brooks steals money off the sick and dying.
    The DCC can't make a decision on licence applications "by law" for ten weeks.

And other such nonsense...

A bit like your claim that it was the largest event to be seen in the country in years.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Autodefenestration, is even better, some people may find that this the only way out of this mess.

Wonderfull and shall be used liberally for the next few days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CapricornOne

It's DCC,not the DCC.

Almost as annoying as people referring to "Aikens".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

This thread is even better in between major news about the concerts. Keep going. I'm ordering food soon and have loads more beer in the fridge. Comedy is good for the soul.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Autodefenestration

That means "limiting to the number of nests that can be allocated to a Dublin band of the 1980s".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

It sure is making out to be one hell of a juicy thread alright..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Sky News saying refunds are now delayed until Thursday as a solution is still being sought? No mention on RTE site...

http://news.sky.com/story/1300297/garth-brooks-dublin-concerts-refunds-delayed
    A Ticketmaster statement said: "Ticketmaster understands that negotiations to try and find a resolution to the Garth Brooks concerts situation are still ongoing.

"As a result, Ticketmaster will be delaying commencement of the refunds process until Thursday, July 17th.

"We would ask fans to continue to be patient and to hold on to their tickets for now."

I don't understand then, how some posters here are supposed to have already received refunds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

It's DCC,not the DCC.

Have read articles from The Times and the BBC uttering the words: 'the DCC' and 'the Dublin City Council'.. and so I'll not lose any sleep over your critique of my grammatical skills, or lack thereof.
    JRant wrote: »
    A bit like your claim that it was the largest event to be seen in the country in years.

The largest in terms of money spent to attend was the point.

Name another event which 400,000 people attended and where they paid in or around €70 to do so.

Heck, I'll even let it qualify if the event was over 7 days and not just 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Read minds?? It was fcuking obvious he was referring to the ABP / Croke Park agreement.

Not at all. All I've done is silence lies and untruths. The nobleman that I am.

You know the ones:

Aiken left it to the "last second" to apply for the licences.
    The resident complaints were all legitimate.
    Keegan stuck to his guns. He did his job well.
    Garth Brooks steals money off the sick and dying.
    The DCC can't make a decision on licence applications "by law" for ten weeks.

And other such nonsense...

The Truth is that Aiken/GAA broke the law, now you may say everyone does it - But yet you say he didn't break it.

If you were brought to court because you didn't pick your dogs Sh!t and told the judge well no one else does it so I'm not the only one breaking the law. - he won't say ah well, then sure grand no worries I'll let you off.

The Law is the law, regardless on whether it's followed or obeyed, if you break it you could find yourself in trouble, or is this case, a decision made against your best interests.

The Government aren't going to go an introduce emergency for this concerts, and GB said he won't back down, therefore legally no more than 3 will be going ahead this time round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Have read articles from The Times and the BBC uttering the words: 'the DCC' and 'the Dublin City Council'.. and so I'll not lose any sleep over your critique of my grammatical skills, or lack thereof.

Name another event which 400,000 people attended and where they paid in or around €70 to do so.

The world cup

The world cup

In Ireland? Must have missed that.

In Ireland? Must have missed that.
    Ok then, the GAA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Jim Rockford

You know what he meant. That kind of crap sums up the bloody thread.

Haters don't care what anything means as long as they get to hate, and planning incompetence and banana republic politics is protected a the expense of 400,000 people, international reputation, and local hotels and businesses.

No, that's not what you said. You never mentioned anything about monetary value. Goalpost shifting at it's finest.

I showed you one event far larger tgan the concerts, had all plans approved and was free for spectators. Qualify that.

Ok then, the GAA

There would want to have been five All Ireland's at Croke Park in one week for that to add up.

There would want to have been five All Ireland's in a row at Croke Park in one week.

One direction

One direction

Giro d'Italia is the correct answer.

JRant wrote: »
    Giro d'Italia is the correct answer.

Or the big sports or music events.

Checkmate, litrabittaller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Haters don't care what anything means as long as they get to hate, and planning incompetence and banana republic politics is protected a the expense of 400,000 people, international reputation, and local hotels and businesses.

Oh look

Another idiotic post saying we are a "banana republic" for following rules and laws :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Bob Geldof had a song called banana republic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

What did you have for your tea Jim?

bumper234 wrote: »
    Oh look

Another idiotic post saying we are a "banana republic" for following rules and laws :rolleys:

yep them planning tribunals were all lies. DCC is the most efficient, honest, planning system in the world. lol

At least Banana Republics actually have banana's to sell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Yes, we have no bananas.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Yes, we have no bananas.

Sums up the entire fiasco

yep them planning tribunals were all lies. DCC is the most efficient, honest, planning system in the world. lol

At least Banana Republics actually have banana's to sell

Yawnnnnnnnn

Spoutinh the same nonsensical ****e does not make you right you know. Tribunals were held, changes were made and now according to you we should go BACK to the old ways to appease a few music fans. Honestly....what you are suggesting is the exact definition of a banana republic but i dare say you will copy paste some blah blah blah anyway as this seems to be your MO to get a reaction. Keep up the good work jimbob i'm sure Aiken and co proud of you ;)

bumper234 wrote: »
    Yawnnnnnnnn

Spoutinh the same nonsensical ****e does not make you right you know. Tribunals were held, changes were made and now according to you we should go BACK to the old ways to appease a few music fans. Honestly....what you are suggesting is the exact definition of a banana republic but i dare say you will copy paste some blah blah blah anyway as this seems to be your MO to get a reaction. Keep up the good work jimbob i'm sure your employers are proud of you ;)

Yep happy Brooks has exposed haters such as yourself and lovers of the corrupt Irish planning system.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Yes, we have no bananas.

I call bull**** on that, i bought some today in Tesco!!!!

Yep happy Brooks has exposed haters such as yourself and lovers of the corrupt Irish planning system.

Are you rural

• Advertisement

Ahhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaa.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement