Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

just how many containers is brooks bringing first it was 12 then 22 as stated by AIKEN then 16 now its 18to many lies about the shambles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Jim Rockford

barney4001 wrote: »
    just how many containers is brooks bringing first it was 12 then 22 as stated by AIKEN then 16 now its 18to many lies about the shambles

the Irish media, as reliable as ever

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

barney4001 wrote: »

Well if Aiken said it, it must be fact:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Have you been eating imported bananas again ?

Washing-machine toilet is broken.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Only on Tuesday's

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Well if Aiken said it, it must be fact:rolleyes:

If the newspapers can't get basic reporting facts right, then perhaps they should try doing some journalism for a change. I'd take his word over the proven liars in DCC anyday.

JRant wrote: »

Try a brown envelope

If the newspapers can't get basic reporting facts right, then perhaps they should try doing some journalism for a change. I'd take his word over the proven liars in DCC anyday.

Ah yea, that's it - we were talking about GB's ships and Aiken, but you just couldn't help yourself but go and take a dig at the DCC.

Try a brown envelope

Don't hate the playaa, hate the game.

Ah yea, that's it - we were talking about GB's ships and Aiken, but you just couldn't help yourself but go and take a dig at the DCC.

The truth is a bummer for the haters isn't it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Aspargus trampoline helicopter is upside-down
    Only on Tuesday's
    Ha ha! Excellent. I might throw something similar his direction myself!:D

pablo128 wrote: »

You may as well seeing that's all the haters have left . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Ethiopians. Before they eat you.

Lovers gotta love

Ethiopians. Before they eat you.

Reduced to that as well . . . lol . . class

It gives a nice sense of catharsis.

It gives a nice sense of catharsis.

Stopped up again with too many imported bananas ? ;)

The truth is a bummer for the haters isn't it

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, but on this thread I have pointed out to at least 3 people they are wrong and provided creditable links, but they constantly ignore it.

Hence imo their views are irrelevant as they can't respect others and admit when they are wrong. Instead they will just attack attack and attack again posters whose views don't agree with them.

The current position is:

Licence for 3 gigs granted by DCC. Monday and Tuesday denied.
    Legally this cannot be appealed or changed.
    A Minister today announced that emergency legislation will not be introduced.
    GB has said it's 5 nights in a row or none.

Posters are ignoring the fact that the tickets were sold subject to licence which is against section 230 of the planning and developing act of 2000.

Therefore why are posting constantly making remarks about the DCC and the residents.

GAA need the DCC to be on their side if they want to hold any concerts in the future, DCC if they wanted to could make life very hard in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, but on this thread I have pointed out to at least 3 people they are wrong and provided creditable links, but they constantly ignore it.

Hence imo their views are irrelevant as they can't respect others and admit when they are wrong. Instead they will just attack attack and attack again posters whose views don't agree with them.

The current position is:

Posters are ignoring the fact that the tickets were sold subject to licence which is against section 230 of the planning and developing act of 2000.

Therefore why are posting constantly making remarks about the DCC and the residents.

GAA need the DCC to be on their side if they want to hold any concerts in the future, DCC if they wanted to could make life very hard in the future.

Ace I admire your considered response but taking the posters very brief history into account i'm sure you'll receive a "haters gonna hate" response sadly.

• Advertisement

The current position is:

Yet the FULL story, and root cause of all of this is very different . . .

Aiken said: "It was never flagged to me that anybody said 'you have got a serious problem here', and I stand over that.
    "I still think I was shafted by Dublin City Council. I had the licence application in 14 weeks before."
    The promoter said he was very careful with the application.
    He said: "We went through it meticulously, every detail that they wanted was there.
    "If they had known that (there were problems with the application), they could have turned round and said 'this ain't gonna fly', and for them to claim that they did tell me that is ludicrous.
    "I would never have run with it then."

Breaking news.ie

"Mr Aiken said he was "blindsided" and told how the first time he learned only three concerts were being licensed was last Wednesday night as he left a gig. He also claimed that at one point city officials suggested that four concerts would be an option.

"In 15 minutes it went from three to four, imagine being treated like that when they based their decision on the impact of a fourth and fifth concert. It's an unbelievable way of doing business," said Mr Aiken."

Belfast telegraph

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Ace I admire your considered response but taking the posters very brief history into account i'm sure you'll receive a "DCC haters gonna hate DCC" response sadly.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Haters gonna hate

Regulators gonna regulate

This post has been deleted.

I've never confirmed or denied it. So, tell us why its so relevant, surely its not ;) . . . lol.. the mask slips again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Muise... wrote: »
    Haters gonna hate

Waiters gonna wait

Haters gonna hate

And proven incompetent corrupt councils gonna corrupt :)

Baiters gonna bait

And proven incompetent corrupt councils gonna corrupt :)

Allegators gonna allegate

Baiters gonna bait

Especially when their out of facts ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Rockford still won't tell us 'how' this decision is corrupt.:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement