Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Jim Rockford

Muise... wrote: »
    Allegators gonna allegate

Liars are gonna lie, despite Planning tribunals having proved otherwise ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

What is the current status of these concerts, are the 3 on or off?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Yet the FULL story, and root cause of all of this is very different . . .

Aiken said: "It was never flagged to me that anybody said 'you have got a serious problem here', and I stand over that.
    "I still think I was shafted by Dublin City Council. I had the licence application in 14 weeks before."
    The promoter said he was very careful with the application.
    He said: "We went through it meticulously, every detail that they wanted was there.
    "If they had known that (there were problems with the application), they could have turned round and said 'this ain't gonna fly', and for them to claim that they did tell me that is ludicrous.
    "I would never have run with it then."

Breaking news.ie

"Mr Aiken said he was "blindsided" and told how the first time he learned only three concerts were being licensed was last Wednesday night as he left a gig. He also claimed that at one point city officials suggested that four concerts would be an option.

"In 15 minutes it went from three to four, imagine being treated like that when they based their decision on the impact of a fourth and fifth concert. It's an unbelievable way of doing business," said Mr Aiken."

Belfast telegraph

He may as well of said "imagine moi not getting my own way, what a way to do business"

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Rockford still won't tell us 'how' this decision is corrupt.:rolleyes:

Well the forged residents objections and DCC leading everyone to believe there was no problem with the concerts . . . just for starters.

JRant wrote: »
    He may as well of said "imagine moi not getting my own way, what a way to do business"

Like DCC make it up as you go along. . . lol

• Advertisement

Well the forged residents objections and DCC leading everyone to believe there was no problem with the concerts . . . just for starters.

I must have missed the memo they sent me stating tgere were no problems with the concerts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Liars are gonna lie, despite Planning tribunals having proved otherwise ;)

insensaters gonna insensate

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭NightOfTheHunt

jimd2 wrote: »
    What is the current status of these concerts, are the 3 on or off?

2 on 4 off 5 on 3 off 1 on 4 off 2 on 3 on 2 off 5 on

I must have missed the memo they sent me stating tgere were no problems with the concerts.

Yeah I notice how you don't bother reading the reports that don't suit the agenda

2 on 4 off 5 on 3 off 1 on 4 off 2 on 3 on 2 off 5 on

Ticketmaster annouced the postponement of the refunds of concerts 4 and 5 today.
    They will be officially on by the end of the week, when the higher authorities have given DCC every chance, and step in to overrule DCC's fiasco shenanigans, then watch the haters choke on their bananas again . . . even Enda knows the value or 400,000 voters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yet the FULL story, and root cause of all of this is very different . . .

Aiken said: "It was never flagged to me that anybody said 'you have got a serious problem here', and I stand over that.
    "I still think I was shafted by Dublin City Council. I had the licence application in 14 weeks before."
    The promoter said he was very careful with the application.
    He said: "We went through it meticulously, every detail that they wanted was there.
    "If they had known that (there were problems with the application), they could have turned round and said 'this ain't gonna fly', and for them to claim that they did tell me that is ludicrous.
    "I would never have run with it then."

Breaking news.ie

"Mr Aiken said he was "blindsided" and told how the first time he learned only three concerts were being licensed was last Wednesday night as he left a gig. He also claimed that at one point city officials suggested that four concerts would be an option.

"In 15 minutes it went from three to four, imagine being treated like that when they based their decision on the impact of a fourth and fifth concert. It's an unbelievable way of doing business," said Mr Aiken."

Belfast telegraph

Question - Do you accept that he broke the law as per section 230 the planning and development act of 2000?

Secondly a post that I made earlier -
    Peter adds he had meetings with Dublin City manager Owen Keegan in relation to the Brooks concerts.And he led you believe that five concerts would be okay? "He didn't lead me to believe that," Peter says, "because they [Dublin City Council] are not going to say that, because you have to submit all the details. If I say, 'I want to do a Garth Brooks concert on a certain date', they say, 'get it in on paper and we'll have a look at it -

So here Peter Aiken acknowledges that he was not led to believe that the concerts would be ok, and further to that, he goes on to state that the DCC want it in paper before they would make a decision, but yet he goes and sells tickets and promotes the event, months before he puts it in writing.

Why didn't he apply for the licence early on?

Yes he applied for the licence before the deadline, so didn't do anything wrong, but the DCC also gave their verdict within the deadlines - so they didn't do anything wrong, however Aikens/fans were the ones that were going to lose out if it got denied.

Imo Aiken left it late to apply for the licence as he assumed that the DCC wouldn't denied the licence given that the tickets were sold, fans would have travel arrangements made and hotels bookings plus it would bring money to the economy, despite the negative impacts it could have and the threat of legal action by residents.

Yeah I notice how you don't bother reading the reports that don't suit the agenda

Defensorators gonna defesnsorate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

1 valid objection would have been enough if the planners give it enough weight.That is the law...like it or lump it. Aiken/Croke Park know that as well as me and everyone else who has been through planning.
    Nothing corrupt in calling the gardai in if they found forged objections, in fact that is the correct thing to do,

DCC say they flagged the issues all the way along. At this moment in time we have what they say (they have been entirely transparent all the way) and what Aiken says.
    Aiken didn't inform Brooks that the events where 'subject to licence' so my suspicion is that he was trying to hoodwink a number of people here.

Ticketmaster annouced the postponement of the refunds of concerts 4 and 5 today.
    They will be officially on by the end of the week, when the higher authorities have given DCC every chance, and step in to overrule DCC's fiasco shenanigans, then watch the haters choke on their bananas again . . . even Enda knows the value or 400,000 voters.

masturbators gonna...

Fullstop haters gonna fullstop hate

masturbators gonna...

Fead the geese

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Question - Do you accept that he broke the law as per section 230 the planning and development act of 2000?

Secondly a post that I made earlier -

So here Peter Aiken acknowledges that he was not led to believe that the concerts would be ok, and further to that, he goes on to state that the DCC want it in paper before they would make a decision, but yet he goes and sells tickets and promotes the event, months before he puts it in writing.

Why didn't he apply for the licence early on?

Yes he applied for the licence before the deadline, so didn't do anything wrong, but the DCC also gave their verdict within the deadlines - so they didn't do anything wrong, however Aikens/fans were the ones that were going to lose out if it got denied.

Imo Aiken left it late to apply for the licence as he assumed that the DCC wouldn't denied the licence given that the tickets were sold, fans would have travel arrangements made and hotels bookings plus it would bring money to the economy, despite the negative impacts it could have and the threat of legal action by residents.

That's for the DPP to decide, are they prosecuting him ?
    Aiken met with DCC, ran it past them and incorporated all their requested requirements into the plans. At no time was he led to believe there would be any problem.
    Aiken applied 14 weeks before the concerts.
    No concert licence has been refused in 30 years by DCC.
    Do you think its acceptable that given all this, DCC decide without any warning to refuse these concerts just two weeks before they start ?
    Do you think its acceptable to decide all national concert events 2 weeks before their dates ? what kind of backwater system elsewhere in the developed world runs that way ? They are an international laughing stock.

When the higher authorities loose their patients with DCC next week, having given them every chance, and overrule them, what are you going to say then ?

masturbators gonna...
    Fead the geese

Its so funny to see the haters so bereft of any decent argument for the shenanigans and fiasco that is DCC that you're now reduced to this for all to see. Class. :)

Its so funny to see the you so bereft of any decent argument for the shenanigans and fiasco that is DCC that you're now reduced to this. Class.

remonstrators gonna remonstrate

Its so funny to see the you so bereft of any decent argument for the shenanigans and fiasco that is DCC that you're now reduced to this for all to see. Class.

You don't have any argument based on the facts of this either. Just rants and repetition of unproven whinging allegations from a man, set to loose millions

• Advertisement

You don't have any argument based on the facts of this either. Just rants and repetition of unproven whinging allegations from a man, set to loose millions

The funny thing is not as many millions as the haters of Brooks and the concert goers, and the cronie supporters of DCC incompetence are going to see Dublin and Ireland loose.

That's for the DPP to decide, are they prosecuting him ?
    Aiken met with DCC, ran it past them and incorporated all their requested requirements into the plans. At no time was he led to believe there would be any problem.
    Aiken applied 14 weeks before the concerts.
    No concert licence has been refused in 30 years by DCC.
    Do you think its acceptable that given all this, DCC decide without any warning to refuse these concerts just two weeks before they start ?
    Do you think its acceptable to decide all national concert events 2 weeks before their dates ? what kind of backwater system elsewhere in the developed world runs that way ? They are an international laughing stock.

When the higher authorities loose their patients with DCC next week, having given them every chance, and overrule them, what are you going to say then ?

What is a national concert event exactly?

What is a national concert event exactly?

one that sells out 400,000 tickets for starters. Must be a real bummer for the haters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Its so funny to see the haters so bereft of any decent argument for the shenanigans and fiasco that is DCC that you're now reduced to this for all to see. Class. :)
    Never wrestle with a pig. You'll get all muddy, and besides, the pig enjoys it.

The funny thing is not as many millions as the haters of Brooks and the concert goers, and the cronie supporters of DCC incompetence are going to see Dublin and Ireland loose.

Well we have Meath next up so I'm quietly confident. Is it the Irish rugby or soccer team your referring to?

pablo128 wrote: »
    Never wrestle with a pig. You'll get all muddy, and besides, the pig enjoys it.

And you're reduced to squealing like a pig . . good boy ;)

The funny thing is not as many millions as the haters are going to see Dublin and Ireland loose.

No they won't if the petulant cowboy doesn't ate some grass and play the three legal gigs. (which he will, he has lost despite his little tantrum, nobody is changing any legislation to suit him)

Regarding the 160,000 ticket holders losing out...nobody could agree to money being made of illegal gigs....that would be corrupt. They should take their loss up with the people who sold them the tickets to illegal gigs.

one that sells out 400,000 tickets for starters. Must be a real bummer for the haters.

There were still plenty of tickets available for GB concerts so you can't be referring to that.

And no 'National Concert' to go to. Smart!

• Advertisement

No they won't if the petulant cowboy doesn't ate some grass and play the three legal gigs. (which he will, he has lost despite his little tantrum, nobody is changing any legislation to suit him)

Regarding the 160,000 ticket holders losing out...nobody could agree to money being made of illegal gigs....that would be corrupt. They should take their loss up with the people who sold them the tickets to illegal gigs.

240,000 . . . don't think the GB concert goer haters could handle that either

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement