Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Jim Rockford

Happyman42 wrote: »
    And no 'National Concert' to go to. Smart!

watch the money abroad . . smarter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Is James Garner still on contradicting everyone's posts :mad:

Sam Kade wrote: »

I came back after the world cup and the haters are still here, but it is pretty easy.

I bet these fat keyboard warriors hate football as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Sam Kade wrote: »

desperators gonna desperate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I went for pints for the world cup final, did i miss anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

That's for the DPP to decide, are they prosecuting him ?
    Aiken met with DCC, ran it past them and incorporated all their requested requirements into the plans. At no time was he led to believe there would be any problem.
    Aiken applied 14 weeks before the concerts.
    No concert licence has been refused in 30 years by DCC.
    Do you think its acceptable that given all this, DCC decide without any warning to refuse these concerts just two weeks before they start ?
    Do you think its acceptable to decide all national concert events 2 weeks before their dates ? what kind of backwater system elsewhere in the developed world runs that way ? They are an international laughing stock.

You can break the law without being prosecuted, but I was asking you to at least acknowledge that Aiken broke the law - but your just trying to side step the question, fairly standard by posters on here.

The regulations are part of the Planning and Development (Licensing of Outdoor Events) Regulations. They are not made by DCC. Why not take a pop at the civil servants that came up with them, or the government for signing off on them?

Of course it's not acceptable, but it's equally not acceptable for the GAA to have no regard for the residents.

Why bother having a licencing process then if you assume they are all going to be granted? I believe that this is the first time that 5 concerts by the same artiest is taken place in a stadium like Croke Park - so it is unique in that sense.

The residents stated in early Feb that they would take legal action if the concerts where awarded licence, therefor imo the licence should have been applied for ASAP so that fans could make alternative arrangements if needed.

The laws need to change - but for posters to constantly blame the DCC and attack anyone who stands up for their rights is just wrong. Aiken could have handled the situation a lot better.

Croke Park themselves acknowledge that mistakes were made in the whole process.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

I came back after the world cup and the haters are still here, but it is pretty easy.

I bet these fat keyboard warriors hate football as well

Has anyone noticed that EOTR has gone all quiet since JR started trolling us...that's the JR that just registered with boards this month? And is just as irrational in his comments? Just saying...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I went for pints for the world cup final, did i miss anything?

Dublin and Ireland are going to be set loose :confused:

Apparently lots of fat people on here, and also people who don't like football.

I think thats about it.

Has anyone noticed that EOTR has gone all quiet since JR started trolling us...that's the JR that just registered with boards this month? And is just as irrational in his comments? Just saying...

I think Jimbob is vertically challenged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

240,000 . . . don't think the GB concert goer haters could handle that either

Try and make sense, there's a good chap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭secman

Ticketmaster annouced the postponement of the refunds of concerts 4 and 5 today.
    They will be officially on by the end of the week, when the higher authorities have given DCC every chance, and step in to overrule DCC's fiasco shenanigans, then watch the haters choke on their bananas again . . . even Enda knows the value or 400,000 voters.

Deludion of the highest order.TM I can assure you are just waiting to press the refund button on all 5 gigs, its ready to go, Spoofer Aiken is delaying the inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,669 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

In terms of the "dumbest events in Irish history" - where would this fiasco rank in a top 10, say?

They couldn't have written a much better script for an episode of Father Ted.

secman wrote: »
    Deludion of the highest order.TM I can assure you are just waiting to press the refund button on all 5 gigs, its ready to go, Spoofer Aiken is delaying the inevitable.

Well then the haters and loosers can enjoy watching us spend our money abroad instead :) Everyone's happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

To be fair, it's not really delusion, I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 concerts going ahead with a deal that he can play the Aviva in 2015 or even Croke Park with strict conditions impose of the GAA regarding future concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I have it on good authority that senior Government officials asked the Dept of Environment to draft up an emergency bill to get these gigs on. With the bill to be immediately repealled once the gigs happened.

Turned out to be a non-runner, with the Dept then clarifying their positions with a brief to both Mr Keegan and Mr Kenny. Of course Enda went off on his own tangent and more or less ignored what the Dept of Environment had to say on the matter.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Well then the haters and loosers can enjoy watching us spend our money abroad instead :) Everyone's happy.

Big deal.
    People leave the country everyday of the week on biz and hols...why do you think we should ignore the law because you choose to spend a few quid abroad?

A sense of perspective would help you immensely.

JRant wrote: »
    I have it on good authority that senior Government officials asked the Dept of Environment to draft up an emergency bill to get these gigs on. With the bill to be immediately repealled once the gigs happened.

Turned out to be a non-runner, with the Dept then clarifying their positions with a brief to both Mr Keegan and Mr Kenny. Of course Enda went off on his own tangent and more or less ignored what the Dept of Environment had to say on the matter.

DCC were given every chance to sort out their own incompetent mess. Enda knows the economic and political repercussions of supporting the hatefest of 400,000 people. Hope you enjoy watching reports of all 5 being on this week.

Big deal.
    People leave the country everyday of the week on biz and hols...why do you think we should ignore the law because you choose to spend a few quid abroad?

A sense of perspective would help you immensely.

Yep 400,000 nobodies, sure you don't want the business, plenty do, everybody is happy

If you live here there is no way to avoid spending money here. You're sending hard earned cash up to Dublin even now by purchasing internet access. I bet that feels real good.

If you live here there is no way to avoid spending money here. You're sending hard earned cash up to Dublin even now by purchasing internet access. I bet that feels real good.

What feels even better is I don't pay for internet access, now that's real good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Yeah, I know that as fact too. I heard it from my brother in laws sisters mate who works with a guy who heard it from someone who works in the Dept of Environment.

DCC were given every chance to sort out their own incompetent mess. Enda knows the economic and political repercussions of supporting the hatefest of 400,000 people. Hope you enjoy watching reports of all 5 being on this week.

Unfortunately for Enda this debacle, along with the Shatter nonsense, proves he doesn't know the laws of the land.

Unfortunately for Enda this debacle, along with the Shatter nonsense, proves he doesn't know the laws of the land.

As the planning tribunals proved, laws are the last thing DCC and their cronies are interested in. The haters are going to enjoy the enda smack down this week.

Effects wrote: »
    Yeah, I know that as fact too. I heard it from my brother in laws sisters mate who works with a guy who heard it from someone who works in the Dept of Environment.

That wasn't my source.

What feels even better is I don't pay for internet access, now that's real good :)

Did your Mammy and Daddy pay for your ticket as well?

As the planning tribunals proved, laws are the last thing DCC and their cronies are interested in

And the Warren commission proved there was a 'magic' bullet, go figure.

muddypaws wrote: »
    Did your Mammy and Daddy pay for your ticket as well?

My Father passed away in February. Why what's it to you ?

Yep 400,000 nobodies, sure you don't want the business, plenty do, everybody is happy

You have an over active imagination gland.
    If 400,000 spend their few quid aboard I'm sure we'll get over it.

And the Warren commission proved there was a 'magic' bullet, go figure.

Looks like you've been watching too many movies again

• Advertisement

You have an over active imagination gland.
    If 400,000 spend their few quid aboard I'm sure we'll get over it.

Doubt the haters will ever get over their hate :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement