Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

As the planning tribunals proved, laws are the last thing DCC and their cronies are interested in. The haters are going to enjoy the enda smack down this week.

:D:D:D:D They sure as hell enacted them and stood by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭JRant

What feels even better is I don't pay for internet access, now that's real good :)

Of course you don't and the device you connect with is powered off magic fairy dust.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Jim Rockford

Happyman42 wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D They sure as hell enacted them and stood by them.

Only when it suits of course ;)

JRant wrote: »
    Of course you don't and the device you connect with is powered off magic fairy dust.

aka free wifi, my you haters are not the most technically bright are you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

My Father passed away in February. Why what's it to you ?

I lost mine a month ago yesterday, and so I really hope that isn't another of your crap attempts at trolling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭secman

I have it on good authority that senior Government officials asked the Dept of Environment to draft up an emergency bill to get these gigs on. With the bill to be immediately repealled once the gigs happened.

Turned out to be a non-runner, with the Dept then clarifying their positions with a brief to both Mr Keegan and Mr Kenny. Of course Enda went off on his own tangent and more or less ignored what the Dept of Environment had to say on the matter.

The politicians could not be that stupid to bring in emergency legislation for a concert. They would be beaten by that stick for ever and a day to deal with real issues. If they went down that road we would certainly be a banana Republic. TM firmly believe the gigs are a non runner and are reafy to push the refund button. So yes I would say delusional.

aka free wifi, my you haters are not the most technically bright are you ?

The money from your lecky bill goes straight to Dublin. It's not that hard to understand really.

secman wrote: »
    The politicians could not be that stupid to bring in emergency legislation for a concert. They would be beaten by that stick for ever and a day to deal with real issues. If they went down that road we would certainly be a banana Republic. TM firmly believe the gigs are a non runner and are reafy to push the refund button. So yes I would say delusional.

Oh it's completely delusional stuff but it most certainly was discussed.

muddypaws wrote: »
    I lost mine a month ago yesterday, and so I really hope that isn't another of your crap attempts at trolling.

Doesn't seem to have much effect on you continuing to insult and name calling other people though.

The money from your lecky bill goes straight to Dublin. It's not that hard to understand really.

And into the pockets of fellow culchies, what a bummer for the haters

• Advertisement

Right folks I'm out, long drive ahead of me tomorrow and an early start.

Sleepers gonna sleep

Only when it suits of course ;)

Yes...did you not know Owen Keegan is a Brooks fan hater too!
    Aiken shoud have done his homework.

Sleepers gonna sleep

Nighty Night, don't forget to temper all that road rage and hatred of yours tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Doesn't seem to have much effect on you continuing to insult and name calling other people though.

You were entertaining, you are now extremely boring, and a nasty little individual. Is that insulting enough for you?

Enjoy your trolling, maybe with more practice you'll actually get good at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,223 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The sooner a final decision is made either way on this fiasco the better

muddypaws wrote: »
    You were entertaining, you are now extremely boring, and a nasty little individual. Is that insulting enough for you?

Enjoy your trolling, maybe with more practice you'll actually get good at it.

Keep practicing the hatred, I enjoyed exposing it.

Sleepers gonna sleep

Yep...bowing out too until I see some sense from adults on the thread.

The country needs to heal all those broken hearts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Yep...bowing out too until I see some sense from adults on the thread.

The country needs to heal all those broken hearts.

devastators gonna devastate.

'night my sensibles. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Has anyone noticed that EOTR has gone all quiet since JR started trolling us...that's the JR that just registered with boards this month? And is just as irrational in his comments? Just saying...
    no, they haven't, as i posted today

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

All through the WC final and rest of WC final night, this thread keeps on truckin... Amazing

Boards is the real winner here. All hail boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The sooner a final decision is made either way on this fiasco the better

+1

It must be so frustrating for ticket holders.

nm wrote: »
    All through the WC final and rest of WC final night, this thread keeps on truckin... Amazing

Boards is the real winner here. All hail boards.

In fairness the main contributor's offerings were not that taxing or useful, we didn't 'garner' that much from him, low on fact but brilliant at fiction ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Tarzana wrote: »
    +1

It must be so frustrating for ticket holders.

Agreed, the worst aspect of it being those who've booked flights / accommodation / etc and may already be in the process of re-arranging their travel plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

The mystery off Irelands 'Ghost Ticket' fiasco continues tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭h2005

And proven incompetent corrupt councils gonna corrupt :)

Again I'll ask you are you saying Owen Keegan is corrupt?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

h2005 wrote: »
    Again I'll ask you are you saying Owen Keegan is corrupt?

In his time as Dun Laoghaire county manager he was dodgy as f*ck. As I mentioned earlier, he was the one who vetoed the council's desired rennovation of the old Carnegie library in favour of the gigantic turd of a building we now have cutting the skyline in half - like Derek Brady before him, any excuse to give the construction industry a gigantic project in Dun Laoghaire / Rathdown without even the slightest consideration whatsoever for local wishes, environmental impact, etc. Regardless of any role he has in this current debacle, his legacy here will always be this. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

Yep happy Brooks has exposed haters such as yourself and lovers of the corrupt Irish planning system.

Please give it a rest with the "haters" cr@p. It immature. What age are you?
    You are not winning any arguments by just repeating the same thing over and over again.
    Just because we don't agree with you, you resort to name calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Can everyone please report this post, so we can move the entire thread to the thunderdome?

It's going to turn boards into a bit of an embarrassment.

It's just a troll-fest at this stage. Ship it out !

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Theres a thunderdome?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement