Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

There has been a full weekend for those involved to check options and have whatever necessary discussions to sort something or the best options out on this.

Let's hope we hear today that a way of facilitating all 5 concerts has some way been reached but, if not, confirmation of the 3 will go ahead.

In my opinion the best. Option is to play the 3 followed by the other 2 the following Friday and Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Oryx wrote: »
    Theres a thunderdome?

You betcha there is :D

jimd2 wrote: »
    There has been a full weekend for those involved to check options and have whatever necessary discussions to sort something or the best options out on this.

Let's hope we hear today that a way of facilitating all 5 concerts has some way been reached but, if not, confirmation of the 3 will go ahead.

In my opinion the best. Option is to play the 3 followed by the other 2 the following Friday and Saturday.

Football/hurling on the Sunday.

Yep 400,000 nobodies, sure you don't want the business, plenty do, everybody is happy

Again, You seemed to have missed the point......400,000 tickets does not equate to 400,000 people DUCY? :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

bumper234 wrote: »
    You betcha there is :D

I thought they closed it.

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    I thought they closed it.

They did, so a new and improved one was created.

Gonna have to start quoting it as 399, 992 ticket holders as the maximum.

Hardluckwoman had tickets for 5 nights, socal musiclover had 3 nights, hythensie08 had 2 nights and nox01 after hearing Monday and Tuesday were cancelled, went and purchased a ticket for another night.

That's four people on here that I recall making an average of one person buying tickets for 3 separate nights.

Hardluckwoman had tickets for 5 nights, socal musiclover had 3 nights, hythensie08 had 2 nights and nox01 after hearing Monday and Tuesday were cancelled, went and purchased a ticket for another night.

That's four people on here that I recall making an average of one person buying tickets for 3 separate nights.

It actually works out at an average of 3.25 tickets each so if we go by the average then it's only 123,000 people with 3.2 tickets each, even if you round up to 200k it's still a HELL of a lot less than the 400,000 people who it is being claimed have tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Jim Rockford

Sure it's really only 40,000, they must all be going ten times, or else the haters heads would explode, it does not compute with their world view. . . .
    There must be a way of getting the figure down to 20,000

It actually works out at an average of 3.25 tickets each so if we go by the average then it's only 123,000 people with 3.2 tickets each, even if you round up to 200k it's still a HELL of a lot less than the 400,000 people who it is being claimed have tickets.

Also, nox01 was able to purchase tickets off ticketmaster for a supposedly sold out concert. How many tickets that were still available is unknown.

@jim rockford: hey, dont shoot the messenger! I'm only informing people that the figure of 400, 000 is factually incorrect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Sure it's really only 40,000, they must all be going ten times, or else the haters heads would explode, it does not compute with their world view. . . .
    There must be a way of getting the figure down to 20,000

As has been pointed out (WITH EVIDENCE) it is NOT 400,000 individual sales.

Try again.

What about the 'ship', anybody know if it has docked yet...was supposed to be here Saturday?

Happyman42 wrote: »
    As has been pointed out (WITH EVIDENCE) it is NOT 400,000 individual sales.

Try again.

Keep up, it's down to 40,000, you need to find a way of making it 20,000 now to feel better about yourself

Keep up, it's down to 40,000, you need to find a way of making it 20,000 now to feel better about yourself

If you can prove that, or that anybody said it here, fire away.

I think your 'hate' is showing more than anybody else's by the way.

Keep it up, you willingness to make a fool of yourself is cheering up a damp morning.

If you can prove that, or that anybody said it here, fire away.

I think your 'hate' is showing more than anybody else's by the way.

Keep it up, you willingness to make a fool of yourself is cheering up a damp morning.

Back to the abuse again I see, oh dear poor hater . . . .

Back to the abuse again I see, oh dear poor hater . . . .

No abuse...you ARE making a fool of yourself. Equating reasoned debate with 'hate' :rolleyes:

Multiple ticket holders brings the number of individual ticket holders (and therefore the effect on 'de country' you are wittering on about) down considerably.
    If there where 40,000 multiple ticket holders that would severely impact the total figure. Do the math.

No abuse...you ARE making a fool of yourself. Equating reasoned debate with 'hate' :rolleyes:

Multiple ticket holders brings the number of individual ticket holders (and therefore the effect on 'de country' you are wittering on about) down considerably.
    If there where 40,000 multiple ticket holders that would severely impact the total figure. Do the math.

Now your doing math . . . lol based on what hater ?
    Surely there is an equation you can dream up to get it down to 20,000 so you don't explode. :)

Oh don't be a hater, just because you are being shown actual facts shouldn't turn you into a hater that hates the facts.

Oh don't be a hater, just because you are being shown actual facts shouldn't turn you into a hater that hates the facts.

You do know what the word fact means ?, when you look it up, let us know when you post one. :)
    So exactly how many individual ticket holders are there, lets have the . . . facts . . . lol

The 'anecdotal' evidence (from newspaper interviews, television interviews with 'The Disappointed' :) , comments on here and from Aiken himself) would suggest that there is a high volume of repeat buyers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

This thread is comedy gold.

The 'anecdotal' evidence (from newspaper interviews, television interviews with 'The Disappointed' :) , comments on here and from Aiken himself) would suggest that there is a high volume of repeat buyers.

Wow look at all those confirmed numbers and facts . . . lol

So how many ? hmmm :)

You do know what the word fact means ?, when you look it up, let us know when you post one. :)
    So exactly how many individual ticket holders are there, lets have the . . . facts . . . lol

We have yet to see any fact from you about corruption and incompetence in current DCC decisions.

dinorebel wrote: »
    This thread is comedy gold.

Especially since the haters ran out of facts 296 pages ago. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ah it was better last week, its actually quite sad now. Its lost its appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭secman

tick tock tick tock tick tock..........to refund time Jimbo

Wow look at all those confirmed numbers and facts . . . lol

So how many ? hmmm :)

Have you any proof you can show that there are 400,000 tickets sold....like ACTUAL proof?

Have you any proof you can show that there are 400,000 tickets sold....like ACTUAL proof?

We're still waiting on your factual real number . . . ., what is it now 18,000 . . . lol

Anyways the good news is that for jobs and businesses in Dublin is that currently its a big fat zero for them and the haters. :D:D:D

Here's a FACT........400,000 Tickets sold does not equate to 400,000 individual people. You can hope and wish and moan that i am wrong but the facts are that there are not 400,000 people going to se GB :cool:

• Advertisement

So nothing to prove that there are 400,000 tickets sold...yet another person saying on the other thread that they where able to buy a ticket on TM for a sold out gig AFTER the Monday night gig got cancelled.
    Somebody is talking nonsense ...hmmm I wonder who that would be now?

I never claimed that I was quoting facts...you do understand the concept of of 'anecdotal evidence'?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement