Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

kippy wrote: »
    Why didnt the man from texas play 3 gigs? Why let down all those fans?

We don't know anybody from Texas in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,578 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Red Nissan wrote: »
    We don't know anybody from Texas in this thread.

Neither do I. Was just quoting a previous post.

As soon it is announced that any of the concerts will proceed, someone will run to the High Court looking for an injunction.
    And they will most probably get it. Aiken knows this. You have to ask why are they stalling for time with the refunds.
    The interest on 400000 times the ticket price is pretty significant I would wager.....that or GB is suing the balls off them for lost revenue/expenses.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Let me guess.... So reliable they can't be named! :rolleyes: you must be working for the hotel!

No, but from someone who would know in advance. That said I was only told the 5 are on - that could be at a different time of year or two in a day I suppose. I just wanted to get in first if they're right!
    That said I don't agree with the political pressure applied and I am curious, if an announcement is made what reasons are given for overturning the decision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Nib wrote: »

They're reporting based on what the charleville lodge hotel have posted. These are the only two pages that seem to be saying it.... And Sala of course :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I hope it's true but I seriously doubt it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭cena

His Facebook page says they are going ahead

cena wrote: »
    His Facebook page says they are going ahead

He doesn't have a Facebook page

He doesn't have a Facebook page

Yep. Its a facebook community page that is saying it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Now this is interesting, one Dublin hotel posts that all 5 concerts are on, and it is being shared and spreading like wildfire. I've never been in on the start of a FB rumour before, to see how quickly these things happen. I wonder how far it will get?

muddypaws wrote: »
    Now this is interesting, one Dublin hotel posts that all 5 concerts are on, and it is being shared and spreading like wildfire. I've never been in on the start of a FB rumour before, to see how quickly these things happen. I wonder how far it will get?

her.ie are reporting it based on that one hotel also! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭bobrawn20

It's surely interesting anyway. I'm thinking of ringing a few Dublin hotels with an American accent and an anonymous tip that they're back on and to prepare accordingly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Am I the only person who wondered why a hotel in Charleville put up this news (and then realised that the hotel is in fact in Dublin.....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Any chance you could quote where I said there was legislation for any of that? What a strange request.

Eh, newsflash for you happyman42: it is my opinion that the council should not drag their feet on making a decision which 400,000 people are due to attend, many of whom have booked hotels / flights etc. It is my opinion that the council should not be leaving it until three weeks before concerts are due to take place, to let 160,000 of it's ticket holders know that the particular concerts which their tickets are for, have been refused licences. I mean, you do understand that someone giving their opinion doesn't imply legislation, don't you. Perhaps not.

Do keep a grip here please.
    You insisted on damming DCC because they didn't do this, and when it was pointed out to you why it should never be a factor you kept wittering on about it.
    It's pretty much the same as saying...go ahead and build, they will automatically give yiou retention, you can't lose.

Now, when you are finished admonishing other people for the temerity to get things wrong (even when they accept that they are not expert in legislation) here and on other threads, could you address this question that you managed to bypass twice:
    BTW, how could Keegan have reached a decision by 22nd May? Are you sure you are in possession of all the facts here?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91271034&postcount=4542

Happyman42 wrote:
    You are entirely correct, Wishiwasa Littlebitaller is talking up a head of steam here without knowing what they are talking about.

Aiken was in mitigation after he submitted his application. 3 draft Event Management Plans where submitted;
    17th April,
    26th June
    29th June
    which had to be reviewed and assessed by the relevant people.

How DCC where expected to make a decision on 22nd May I have no idea, we'll let he/she who KNOWS how they should do their job, comment on that.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91273728&postcount=4551

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭fta93

As you can see from this pic, its not the first time Charleville Lodge have posted 'unconfirmed reports'. They said the same thing on the 10th..

fta93 wrote: »
    As you can see from this pic, its not the first time Charleville Lodge have posted 'unconfirmed reports'. They said the same thing on the 10th..

Apparently a "good friend" told them! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Not even an official page, but interesting comments -

"4 Saturday standing tickets for sale - scunnered wit the whole thing!!!"

" just want all my money bk now bloody sick of it all ticketmaster get ur act 2 gether nd refund people !!!!!"

"The good is taken out of it so just give our money back, ye made enought"

"Well my hotels cancelled now so if i dont get my money bak im goin to de closest ticketmaster and wreckin de place"

IT boy or gal in Charleville hotel in line for a bonus.
    How many people never knew it existed until this wee stunt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Happyman42 wrote: »
    IT boy or gal in Charleville hotel in line for a bonus.

If you go onto their site there are plenty of rooms available for that weekend too, so much for every room in Dublin booked out as others have said....

IT boy or gal in Charleville hotel in line for a bonus. How many people never knew it existed until this wee stunt?

The horse fayre there every year there biy.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    If you go onto their site there are plenty of rooms available for that weekend too, so much for every room in Dublin booked out as others have said....

Nothing being picked up on news sites...not even the Sindo. :pac:

PR stunt. And kinda tasteless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

I didn't :D
    I know now it's actually a B&B that recommends McGowans if you want anything other than breakfast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Red Nissan wrote: »
    The horse fayre there every year there biy.

You're mixing up a hotel in Dublin with Buttevant.

Calina wrote: »
    You're mixing up a hotel in Dublin with Buttevant.

Yup, I sure am.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

So why call a hotel in Dublin after a town in cork??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

TheDriver wrote: »
    So why call a hotel in Dublin after a town in cork??

Or a cinema after a province in France?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭urabell

source: Joe.ie's smaller female centric sister website her.ie.

Not exactly le monde lads

• Advertisement

urabell wrote: »
    source: Joe.ie's smaller female centric sister website her.ie.

Not exactly le monde lads

Jaysus, Le Monde hasn't found out about us???????? La grande embarrassment! :o:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement