Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

So no post in this thread in an hour, and supposedly they're back on? I'm guessing they're not back on

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CapricornOne

All off, confirmed

Irish independent twitter has the story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

RTE also confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Irish independent twitter has the story
    RTE also confirmed

what, on or off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Just saw a spectacular sunset.

Still going on in the west I'd say, get out the cameras. Mine ins flat.

muddypaws wrote: »
    what, on or off?

Off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

what, on or off?

Off....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Off....

Reads like it's written by a kid, doesn't look legit to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Off....

Jesus, that man really does need a reality check

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Reads like it's written by a kid, doesn't look legit to me.

Judging by his decision you're not far off there...

From twitter for people who can't be bothered:
    Garth Brooks:
    I just received the news the Irish council cannot change their earlier ruling to not allow the licenses for all five shows. To say I am crushed is an understatement. As hard as I try, I cannot see the light on this one. So it is with a broken heart, I announce the ticket refunds for the event will go as posted by TicketMaster. I really want to thank all the people around the world that continued to think good thoughts that this would actually happen. To Peter Aiken and those 400,000 people who believed...I love you, always have, always will. I encourage any of them fans)that can come see the show, at some point around the world, to bring your Irish flags

I still can't believe he's letting down a quarter of a million fans and not bothering his arse playing for them. He really is some arséhole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

He made no friends with his behaviour IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Cienciano wrote: »
    From twitter for people who can't be bothered:

I still can't believe he's letting down a quarter of a million fans and not bothering his arse playing for them. He really is some arséhole

Same here...astonishing behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Looks legit to me. An absolute clusterf*ck by all invovled. All parties should hang their heads in shame including GB.

Only ones losing out are the fans. Once in a lifetime opportunity really, he'll probably never return to Ireland which is a huge shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I've never looked forward to a thread being locked before. Give Garth the old Boards/MCD treatment please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭fta93

Not one for spite, but I'm chuckling at certain people tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Jesus, that man really does need a reality check

Elvis is from Memphis just about 400 road miles from Oklahoma and Elvis too often mentioned his dead mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

But EOTR and his mates guaranteed that the concerts would go ahead - what happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

F*ck off brooks. Give me my refund ticketmaster and I never want to hear of this fiasco ever again.

• Administrators Posts: 53,757 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Shame, feel sorry for all those people who are going to lose out over this. Shambles from start to finish.

Brooks, Aiken Promotions, Dublin Council, the residents, the pro-concert and anti-concert posters on this thread - there's not a group listed there that hasn't come out of this embarrassing themselves in some way.

Safe to say this situation can never be allowed to happen again. Ever.

Hopefully we aren't going to end up knee deep in smug tripe on this thread going forward. :(

Here's hardluckwoman at the moment
    http://i.imgur.com/KlPrgwY.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Sala wrote: »
    A very reliable source!

HA!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Hope ticketmaster refunds tomorrow fed up of waiting now !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Really, that's a legit letter from someone who makes his living singing songs he writes, or does he even write his own stuff?

Anyway, thank Christ it's being finally put to rest if it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

I've never looked forward to a thread being locked before. Give Garth the old Boards/MCD treatment please.

moderators gonna moderate... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭fta93

awec wrote: »
    Shame, feel sorry for all those people who are going to lose out over this. Shambles from start to finish.

Brooks, Aiken Promotions, Dublin Council, the residents, the pro-concert and anti-concert posters on this thread - there's not a group listed there that hasn't come out of this embarrassing themselves in some way.

Safe to say this situation can never be allowed to happen again. Ever.

You've forgotten the GAA, the group who broke the agreement allowing all this to happen. Yet again they get off lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,987 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ah as much as his music makes vomit...I'm gutted for his fans and think it's awful news

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Re tickets being refunded, it's going to be fun when tickets bought with credit cards have to be refunded to the card used originally. I know 2-3 people who bought tickets at inflated prices (so they're screwed out of the difference anyway) who might have trouble arranging things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement