Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Somebody should write a country song about this.

Somebody with talent.

No names immediately come to mind.

Mick Flavin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

"IRELAND I AM COMING HOM................"

Maybe not! :( Arrah Garth, the craic would have been 90.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Story still has 36 hours to run I reckon with maybe a twist yet.

If it does, I'd say the twist will be that there is a problem with the refunds. A lot of money must have been spent already on these concerts by Aikens/Brooks/the GAA. That money will have come out of the ticket money, surely? I doubt Brooks would have refused to do the licensed concerts if he is going to be out of pocket, so I can't see the full pot of ticket money still being there. Hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

bumper234 wrote: »
    Delusional to the extreme imo

We probably won't know until the convey photos appear in the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Again, You seemed to have missed the point......400,000 tickets does not equate to 400,000 people DUCY? :rolleyes:
    It actually works out at an average of 3.25 tickets each so if we go by the average then it's only 123,000 people with 3.2 tickets each, even if you round up to 200k it's still a HELL of a lot less than the 400,000 people who it is being claimed have tickets.
    Sure it's really only 40,000, they must all be going ten times, or else the haters heads would explode, it does not compute with their world view. . . .
    There must be a way of getting the figure down to 20,000
    Happyman42 wrote: »
    As has been pointed out (WITH EVIDENCE) it is NOT 400,000 individual sales.

Try again.
    Keep up, it's down to 40,000, you need to find a way of making it 20,000 now to feel better about yourself
    If you can prove that, or that anybody said it here, fire away.

I think your 'hate' is showing more than anybody else's by the way.

Keep it up, you willingness to make a fool of yourself is cheering up a damp morning.
    Back to the abuse again I see, oh dear poor hater . . . .
    No abuse...you ARE making a fool of yourself. Equating reasoned debate with 'hate' :rolleyes:

Multiple ticket holders brings the number of individual ticket holders (and therefore the effect on 'de country' you are wittering on about) down considerably.
    If there where 40,000 multiple ticket holders that would severely impact the total figure. Do the math.
    Now your doing math . . . lol based on what hater ?
    Surely there is an equation you can dream up to get it down to 20,000 so you don't explode. :)
    Oh don't be a hater, just because you are being shown actual facts shouldn't turn you into a hater that hates the facts.
    You do know what the word fact means ?, when you look it up, let us know when you post one. :)
    So exactly how many individual ticket holders are there, lets have the . . . facts . . . lol
    Especially since the haters ran out of facts 296 pages ago. :)
    Have you any proof you can show that there are 400,000 tickets sold....like ACTUAL proof?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

awec wrote: »
    Yes, of course?

People could try and sue them, I guess, but I think they'd get around it with the "subject to licence" malarkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

Is it over? Is...it....really over? Has the fat lady sung?

Cienciano wrote: »
    I bet they were even laughing as they wrote it..

If they are, it's only to MAKE MORE MONEY.

TO THE FERRIES EVERYONE no weight restriction, let's all go on a Summer Holiday ~ ans I know I'm, mixing my music ~ I just missed Woodstock, hit the road, Mary and Jack, Tim and Susan, hit the road, hit the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

She sure has, its game over ball burst.

• Advertisement

No, we just move to where he sings, I'm not a lady but I am fat and I am singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Well the fat cowboy certainly hasnt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

She sure has, its game over ball burst.

More like the lad who owned the ball is fed up and letting no-one else play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Somebody should write a country song about this.

Somebody with talent.

No names immediately come to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭S.O

Garth Brooks saga being discussd on fm 104 live at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Joe Duffy will blow his load in the first minute of his show tomo.

Maire2009 wrote: »
    More like the lad who owned the ball is fed up and letting no-one else play.

Lookie, the goal posts have just changed, we are used to that in Ireland. He will sing, and we need to be there to hear him.

Joe Duffy will blow his load in the first minute of his show tomo.

I'm listening to ambulance control at the moment and one had been dispatched to his house already, we might not have a show tomorrow, "cardiac arrest ... unresponsive .... arrival in five minutes ... "

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

He stood to earn €3,000 from this, blocking off 5 days in the calender for the event.

So instead of earning €3,000, he's probably, at this short notice going to earn nothing over the 5 days.

I'm no mathematician or accountant but he's out of pocket by €3,000 whatever way you want to put your moronic slant on it because it should be good to hear.
    A self owned and drove bus driver near my home town is out of pocket by around €3,000. Probably would have paid his insurance for the year in the 24 seater bus too.

In his 40's, has a family. Not that that makes a difference but there are plenty of small guys losing out here that wont be told.

I had someone due to stay in my apartment for money, where is my bailout joe?
    On the other hand, I won 20euro from an enemy betting on the outcome of the saga.
    S.O wrote: »
    Garth Brooks saga being discussd on fm 104 live at the moment.

Thanks adrian

Cienciano wrote: »
    Gene Kerrigan was right the other day. Garth Brooks isn't used to being told no, and really throws his toys out of his pram when he does. I do think a lot of his fans (maybe not on this thread, but in real life) can see through his "all i care about is the fans" bullshíte.

He also sues hospitals and all he cared about was his mother.

He'll be back to sue our asses off, don't worry one little bit, but for me, toys out of prams. Please, get original.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Mainstream media seem to be finished with the story more or less. Got a few min on Vincent Browne, hardly massive breaking news.
    Phone in shows will only be repeating stuff we heard last week.
    Unless problems with refunds arise it will die away until the court cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

So another statement from GB that just shows him up for the w**nker he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Oh well....until the next national calamity....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Did Aiken give him a booking fee/deposit? Id say they have lost a few hundred thousand from all this sham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Did Aiken give him a booking fee/deposit? Id say they have lost a few hundred thousand from all this sham

I'd personally worry about a contract that couldn't compel him to play the licensed gigs.
    There has been a lot of money in the coffers since early days here, god knows how much was paid in advance.
    There's a real chance things could get nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Effects wrote: »
    So another statement from GB that just shows him up for the w**nker he is.

Every statement he makes he comes across as a wánker. That press conference especially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

Thank fúck all this is over!

Gareth ya big drama queen have a snickers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

He stood to earn €3,000 from this, blocking off 5 days in the calender for the event.
    So instead of earning €3,000, he's probably, at this short notice going to earn nothing over the 5 days.
    I'm no mathematician or accountant but he's out of pocket by €3,000 whatever way you want to put your moronic slant on it because it should be good to hear.

Opportunity cost - Intangible - He gets his 5 days back, its up to him to earn from an alternative source
    => he's not out of pocket at all, he has his time back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

A V A wrote: »
    just seen this

It's pretty terrible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement