Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Why would he/she be motivated so easily?

They won't. Buyer beware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Yeah but you'd be paying per item for waste collection, per glass for water, and don't even think about what would happen to any form of social welfare :rolleyes:

He's very good at what he does, running a democratic country is not what he does.

he's very good at what he does so who's to say that if what he does was running a democratic country he wouldn't do it very well?

From a business stand point I'd bet he'd do very well and we wouldn't have 120BN in debt. He hates the ****ty system that got our country into this mess so I'd imagine he would be different.

So yeah with 120BN less debt I'd imagine our water charges social welfare payments etc would be in a much healthier state.

the touts must be the happiest people in the world. They basically made money from nothing now. Pure profit. Wish I was a tout :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭amkin25

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    the touts must be the happiest people in the world. They basically made money from nothing now. Pure profit. Wish I was a tout :(

You guys sure there is no protection for people who bought of done deal or whatever?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

amkin25 wrote: »
    You guys sure there is no protection for people who bought of done deal or whatever?

Absolutely nothing, the touts would have been using throw away sims.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

They won't. Buyer beware.

Absolutely, but I'm wondering why Tilikum thinks they would unless he's relying on guilt-trip tactics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

amkin25 wrote: »

Unless you paid by paypal nope. If you met with cash in hand unless you bought from a decent person who's willing to give back the money you're loss..

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    Unless you paid by paypal nope.

Even paypal wont cover tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

he's very good at what he does so who's to say that if what he does was running a democratic country he wouldn't do it very well?

Because he only gets to be as good as he is by being a ruthless tyrant.
    It's not about "who's to say" its about your statement flying entirely in the face of logic, reason and precedent.
    From a business stand point I'd bet he'd do very well and we wouldn't have 120BN in debt. He hates the ****ty system that got our country into this mess so I'd imagine he would be different.
    The ****ty system that got the country in this mess is largely to do with fcuking idiot voters, blind greed, incompetence and a culture of gombeenism. He is clever enough to know that 1 man is never going to change that, and far to smart to get involved in that battle. He enjoys being a bit of a bastard too much to bother with the popularity contest that is our electoral system.

So yeah with 120BN less debt I'd imagine our water charges social welfare payments etc would be in a much healthier state.

wtf are you even talking about ?
    too many layers of never going to happen for it to be considered.

IF my aunt had balls, and was my billionaire uncle, he/she/it could pay for everyones water and property speculation and social welfare and we could all live happily ever after in the shadow of his/her/its tuft.

If you are going to have a fantasy, try not to involve 4 million people in it. It's a recipe for disappointment and lost generations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭amkin25

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    Unless you paid by paypal nope. If you met with cash in hand unless you bought from a decent person who's willing to give back the money you're loss..

Pretty sick situation for them paying over the odds probably for your ticket too,Garth really screwed a lot of his fans by not taking the deal of 3 now and more later.

Even paypal wont cover tickets.

They will if you wrote a disclaimer with the payment. Something like "This money is for 2 Garth Brooks tickets subject to licence". In future I'd recommend paying via paypal and adding in a clause with the payment saying you are entitled to a refund if the concert is cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I have my doubts that writing your own comments on paypal is binding/denotes a contract.

I have my doubts that writing your own comments on paypal is binding/denotes a contract.

it's worked for me before. if you write in your message what you're paying for and you don't get it you'll get a refund. You just need to word it the right way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

They will if you wrote a disclaimer with the payment. Something like "This money is for 2 Garth Brooks tickets subject to licence". In future I'd recommend paying via paypal and adding in a clause with the payment saying you are entitled to a refund if the concert is cancelled.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#13
    You received a completely different item. For example, you purchased a book and received a DVD or an empty box.
    The condition of the item was misrepresented. For example, the description when you bought the item said “new” and the item was used.
    The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
    The item is missing major parts or features which were not disclosed in its description when you bought the item.
    You purchased three items from a Seller but only received two.
    The item was damaged during shipment.
    13.3 Ineligible Items. PayPal Purchase Protection only applies to PayPal payments for certain tangible, physical goods. Payments for the following are not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Purchase Protection:

Intangible items, including Digital Goods
    Services
    Real estate, including residential property
    Businesses
    Vehicles, including motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats
    Custom-made items
    Travel tickets, including airline flight tickets
    Items prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
    Items which you collect in person or arrange to be collected on your behalf, including items bought through In-Store Checkout at the retail point of sale
    Items that violate eBay’s Prohibited or Restricted Items Policy
    Industrial machinery used in manufacturing
    Items equivalent to cash, including prepaid or gift cards
    PayPal Direct Payments
    Virtual Terminal Payments
    Personal Payments
    Prohibited Activities

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.

relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) :rolleyes: (d) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods (e) items that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime, (f) items that are considered obscene:pac:, (g) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (h) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (i) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (j) ,certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.
    relate to transactions that (a) show the personal information of third parties in violation of applicable law, (b) support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other "get rich quick" schemes or certain multi-level marketing programs, (c) are associated with purchases of annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card, (d) are for the sale of certain items before the seller has control or possession of the item, (e) are by payment processors to collect payments on behalf of merchants, (f), are associated with the sale of traveler's checks or money orders, (h) involve currency exchanges or check cashing businesses, or (i) involve certain credit repair, debt settlement services, credit transactions or insurance activities.

Even if your payment is not eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection, you can file a Dispute and try to resolve the issue directly with the Seller; however, PayPal will generally not find in your favor if you escalate a Dispute to a Claim for an item which is not eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection.

The tickets fall outside of the categories everywhere there, and could be belted out of the park as infringing on the proprietary rights under Irish law as it wasn't permitted.

As a final get out of jail free card:
    14.8 Release of PayPal. If you have a dispute with one or more Users, you release PayPal (and our parent, our Affiliates, and our and their respective officers, directors, agents, joint ventures, employees and suppliers) from any and all Claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. In entering into this release you expressly waive any protections (whether statutory or otherwise – e.g., California Civil Code § 1542) that would otherwise limit the coverage of this release to include only those claims which you may know or suspect to exist in your favor at the time of agreeing to this release.

So from looking at that, if you bought them second hand, from e-bay paid with Paypal, and the seller is happy to have their e-bay account under dispute, you have your sh1te, and they have their refund.

What you write in there isn't going to matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Gergiev

Happyman42 wrote: »
    The 'ship'...remember 'the ship'? Has anybody an update on it?

I'm suprised, given the 'impotance' of this to the Irish economy and our survival as a nation that none of the redtops has gotten a snap of it yet, send helicopters to meet it etc etc. :D

Or drones, preferably... :rolleyes:

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Where's the ships?

My guess is the ships, like those alleged forged planning observations, may never be heard of again...

You could write in little love notes and a few versus of his songs and it would not make a blind bit of difference.
    Its a bitter pill to swallow now for people who bought of touts but its the reality of it.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Shambles:

Brooks - for all these letters and "I love you" crap
    GAA - for selling 5 nights without talking
    Residents - the supposed forged signatures, and then suddenly changing their mind post-decision. where were all these pro-concert residents in the time leading up to the initial decision?
    Aiken - for selling 5 nights without talking

The Mexican ambassador - for raising our hopes and then dashing them again. If Charlie Flanagan doesn't call him in for a carpeting, then his entire tenure at Foreign Affairs will be remembered as a dismal failure...
    The Troika - the real villains in this debacle. So intent were they obsessing about securing their petty 67.5 billion, that they left our shores without stitching the necessity of these concerts going ahead into the final MoU (Memorandum of Understanding). When the history of this sorry business is written, their bureaucratic delinquency will be seen for what it really was...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

For the people who will now be stung by the touts hopefully it's a big wake up call, don't buy from touts. I feel sorry for the people who were in queues for ticket master and were told to bunch up with other people to move the queue quicker. With a bit of luck they should be able to go back to that outlet with the ticket for the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

RTE are reporting that Brooks was being offered six concerts (three in October), but he rejected them.
    Brooks has the most severe case of OCD I've ever come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

All the early morning news is carrying the story, this should not have happened, it really is going to have a huge negative effect on Ireland, there was going to be a movie made off the whole event, that alone would have brought tourist to our Country.... The government(yes the government)better have some sort of apology ready.. SERIOUSLY.... BTW to all you anti Concert trolls, stop trying to play it down, it's a huge story , wether you like it or not. No one wants to hear your negative crap and that's not just the 400,000 ticket holders.

ardle1 wrote: »
    All the early morning news is carrying the story, this should not have happened, :pac: it really is going to have a huge negative effect on Ireland :rolleyes: , there was going to be a movie made off the whole event;), that alone would have brought tourist to our Country:eek:.... The government(yes the government)better have some sort of apology ready:D.. SERIOUSLY.... BTW to all you anti Concert trolls:cool:, stop trying to play it down, it's a huge story:p , wether you like it or not. No one wants to hear your negative crap and that's not just the 400,000 ticket holders.

I'm sure the government will apologise alright.

It took how long for the victims of institutional abuse to get an apology ?

Tripper.:pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

GB is smart. He will make his money by sueing the organiser without having to sing a single note. His concern for fans is and was nonsense. This was a financial decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Reformed Character

All the early morning news is carrying the story, this should not have happened, it really is going to have a huge negative effect on Ireland, there was going to be a movie made off the whole event, that alone would have brought tourist to our Country.... The government(yes the government)better have some sort of apology ready.. SERIOUSLY.... BTW to all you anti Concert trolls, stop trying to play it down, it's a huge story , wether you like it or not. No one wants to hear your negative crap and that's not just the 400,000 ticket holders.

The only apology that is due at this point is from GB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#13

The tickets fall outside of the categories everywhere there, and could be belted out of the park as infringing on the proprietary rights under Irish law as it wasn't permitted.

As a final get out of jail free card:

So from looking at that, if you bought them second hand, from e-bay paid with Paypal, and the seller is happy to have their e-bay account under dispute, you have your sh1te, and they have their refund.

What you write in there isn't going to matter.

They don't cover e-tickets but they do cover hard copy. Might just be for fakes and such though, don't know what they'd do in the case of cancellation. Paypal are an awful company.

Oddly enough though any of the "legitimate" tout sites, for lack of a better word, Viagogo, Stubhub etc, have all been refunded already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Brooks the bollks

Let me be one of the first to say that I am hugely disappointed mainly in Brooks. He had many options presented. None perhaps ideal but all sufficient to go ahead and satisfy more or less, everyone. I think this is is a childish, ill thought out, ego based poor decision on his behalf. OK, others in the deal were not innocent - but a real man would of said - Its not ideal, but I will put my ego aside. This turned out to be a dick measuring exercise and in the end it was called off for obvious reasons for all those involved in the discussions.

I had been a huge fan. I was to travel from overseas for the gig with my son.

I will never listen to him again and would not travel across the road to see him now. I will drive over all the cd's we had.

So, Mr Brooks, maybe you should have been the adult in all this. I believe that you are a wolf in sheep's clothing and have an ego the size of your big screen (that we will not see).

But this is one schmuk you can strike off your list of fans. Shame on you and your giant ego.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

*SIGH*

This will not have any sort of negative effect on Ireland.....No one cares about Brooks.

It was not going to be a "Movie" it was going to be "documentary" that Brooks was going to use to fleece his fans for more money.

Why should the government apologise for Brooks/Aiken/GAA's greed?

It's not a huge story outside of this tiny island nation.

There are not 400,000 ticket holders, There are 400,000 tickets that people bought multiples of.

:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement