Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Keegan is trying to deal in facts, Mary Lou is going by what she's seen in the meeja

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

First Up wrote: »
    Reading the comments above makes me wonder are we watching the same meeting.
    It's a bit clearer without GB tinted glasses
    I'm only posting what is being said

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭L'Enfer du Nord

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Guy from Clare telling Keegan he should have known it would be controversial given the association with the area
    Keegan - I lived in Drumcondra for 3 years myself :D
    Guy making the decision now lives in Skerries

Now if Keegan should foresee the controversy why should Aiken not see it

Mary Lou - can you confirm that your relatives made a submission
    They didn't
    Have they ever made a submission
    No

Mary Lou says it is insane that tickets are sold subject to licence
    DCC confirm it is common practise

Mary Lou now starts her rant

Not watching this, but it sounds like a show trial for Keegan. Fair play to him for standing up to it.

Typical politicians attacking officials who act within the legislation which they the politicians create but not having the balls or inclination to change the legislation. This particularly true with regard to planning where they actually thrive on helping their voters and themselves to circumvent planning legislation. The attitude seems to be better to break the rules than try and change them that way there are effectively no rules.

As to the economic benefits of ignoring the regulations, just look around at the planning, banking and insurance disasters that this country is saddled with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

You're posting certain parts, skipping others or replacing them with the word "rant" and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I wouldn't cross the room to hear Garth Brooks. That has no relevance to my objecting to ineptitude and arrogance in DCC.

• Advertisement

just look around at the planning, banking and insurance disasters that this country is saddled with.

And what? Stop taking in money from other things?

Not watching this, but it sounds like a show trial for Keegan.
    He's be hung drawn and quartered if he had granted 0

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

yummy

Helen McEntee on now - disappointed in Aiken and Gareth Brooks

I wouldn't cross the room to hear Garth Brooks. That has no relevance to my objecting to ineptitude and arrogance in DCC.

I'm the same. This "take off the GB glasses" stuff gets tiresome.

Your one on tv now is calling him Gareth again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Akon and Gareth brooooks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Not watching this, but it sounds like a show trial for Keegan. Fair play to him for standing up to it.

Typical politicians attacking officials who act within the legislation which they the politicians create but not having the balls or inclination to change the legislation. This particularly true with regard to planning where they actually thrive on helping their voters and themselves to circumvent planning legislation. The attitude seems to be better to break the rules than try and change them that way there are effectively no rules.

Can't praise this post enough...clinics the lenght and breath of the country to assist people in getting around laws.
    Running with the fox and hunting with the hare, springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

nm wrote: »
    I'm the same. This "take off the GB glasses" stuff gets tiresome.

Exhibit A.
    Your one on tv now is calling him Gareth again.

Followed by Exhibit B.

If the shoe fits..........

You're posting certain parts, skipping others or replacing them with the word "rant" and what not.
    I can't type that fast.
    If you want to take over fire away.

So you're mind is already made up before you hear the committee.

NORTH1 wrote: »
    Exhibit A.

Followed by Exhibit B.

If the shoe fits..........

What? Go away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Flem31

Funny that Mary Lou is allowed ask questions on a committee she is not a member of (as per Oireachtas website).........is that not similar to raising an objection for a house you don't live in........

When will this GB charade ever end.......

One of Garth's roadies on now

One of Garth's roadies on now
    That is funny :D

NORTH1 wrote: »
    They keep it, money for nothing. Who was sitting on the ticket sales? Who's in the real world now?

TM provide a service, it's not their fault the concerts were cancelled and they are probably incurring a large cost for the work of refunding 400,000 tickets, and refunding their own service fees in full as well.

Looking for interest they may have made on their fees to be passed on to ticket holders is ludicrous, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

That's not what Garth Brooks said himself. He said that it he could not play to 240,000 and disappoint 160,000.

Either you are wrong or he is, my money is on you being slightly more right than him.

Seriously, you really think a Garth Brooks news conference is more about telling the contractual truth than a PR opportunity to show what a wholesome good ole boy Garth really is :rolleyes:

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

have any of you been a member of the GAA or the IRA?

This is just bull****...they can cast aspersions about Keoghan's conflict of interest but DCC can't question theirs??

This guy is talking about the matinee again after Keegans already said it wasn't their suggestion.

He's brutal, they should have had it out on this thread, better arguments!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

So you're mind is already made up before you hear the committee.

Quite the opposite. Unlike many of the contributors here in the last hour I am carefully listening to what has been said. Keegan has already admitted some ineptitude. The arrogance is self evident.

This prat hasn't been listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Happyman42 wrote: »
    This is just bull****...they can cast aspersions about Keoghan's conflict of interest but DCC can't question theirs??

Crazy stuff! Wasting time on their hurt egos!!
    Why were Mick Wallace's questions not answered??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Quite the opposite. Unlike many of the contributors here in the last hour I an carefully listening to what has been said. Keegan has already admitted some ineptitude. The arrogance is self evident.

Yes he has admitted that proposing a 4th concert was a mistake, so where is the arrogance? He and his mate next to him are quoting the law, and acting within it, most members of the committee on the other hand seem to feel the law can be worked around.

If Keegan ever stood for election, I'd vote for him. I dare say I wouldn't always agree with him, but he seems to me to be a man of integrity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Flem31

Will they be finishing up shortly ??????........One O Clock News in 15 min......and more media opportunities for the media hungry politicans........burning DCC officals at the stake will take place afterwards and carried on 6 O clock news on TV.......oh to be a TD, so much vital work....so little time.......just as well we have nearly full employment and a booming economy.

• Advertisement

This guy asking the questions now is TERRIBLE

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement