Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

nm wrote: »
    I wasn't caught out, I'm happy to stand by what I said, whether Aikens said it or not.

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

Plz say this is a joke?!

Nope. Minister on the radio just there saying that if Owen Keegan permits it, there will be a judicial review this evening and gave the clear impression, with the tone he used, that such a review could only have one outcome, that being the five-in-a-row would be .. back on.

You couldn't make this up :P

I think it's 99% certain the review won't happen, but if it did and of course that is one giant fecking if now..

..is it even possible for TM to apply the brakes on the refunds at this late stage? I doubt it.

This is surely the fiasco that gives giving / taking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Shocking that Keegan will have to stand up to them again and insist on contesting the Judicial Review.

Sincerely hope he is up to the pressure for all our sakes.

I thought it hilarious that Timmy Doolin thought that DCC stating that they would contest the review was a waste of tax payer money but bringing the review was not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Ace2007 wrote: »
    By limiting the concerts it means some fans lose out who didn't get tickets.

Just the same as he said he couldn't "cancel" two because he wanted ALL fans treated the same. He's seems happy enough to forget about the fans who didn't get tickets to any night
    The fans who did not get tickets did not get tickets and that's tough on them. However the other 400,000 ticket holders ALL bought their tickets under the same "Subject to Licence" conditions. So I do see GB's point about either all ticket holders get to attend a concert they paid for or none do.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I wasn't caught out, I'm happy to stand by what I said, whether Aikens said it or not.
    Stick to your 'GAA take out the plans of 260,000 people to prove a point to their own members "facts"'.

Ok so now you are are saying what Aiken said at the committee meeting about ticket demand, is not factual BUT you believe what he said about everything else is - got ya now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭kippy

If there is a chance that the application will be refused (and there is now) then it HAS to change.

With a review in x number of years clause in it, and an appeal process, etc. yes definitely.

Yeah, reviewable every few years, but no need for an appeals process.

For example set the annual quota for Croke park to 4 nights (for example) and no more than two nights in a row. Set that there be no gigs held on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday nights. Set maximum capicity to 80K and set about standard crowd and traffic management plans to deal with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Hopefully for the sake of the people of Ireland, the judicial review goes ahead and the 5 concerts follow.

Keegan, if not fired for lying should resign anyway for his poor decision making.

And we all live happily ever after.

reprazant wrote: »
    I thought it hilarious that Timmy Doolin thought that DCC stating that they would contest the review was a waste of tax payer money but bringing the review was not.

All they will achieve is disgracing the Dail again.

The fans who did not get tickets did not get tickets and that's tough on them. However the other 400,000 ticket holders ALL bought their tickets under the same "Subject to Licence" conditions. So I do see GB's point about either all ticket holders get to attend a concert they paid for or none do.

My point is he does not treat ALL fans the same.
    And it's proven by not having extra concerts even when the demand was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

As far as I can see demand was satisfied, seeing as how there were no touts after night 5 and still the odd ticket even on TM months later.
    No touts after night 5? can you define "tout"

Here was 2 ticket sold above face value just yesterday
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/GARTH-BROOKS-TICKETS-O2-DUBLIN-SUNDAY-27TH-CONCERTS-MAY-BE-REINSTATED-/181462084358?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item2a3ffbab06

You can check ebay completed listings to see lots were going for over face after the 5th sold out. I expect you would find it on other sites too.

• Advertisement

Ok so now you are are saying what Aiken said at the committee meeting about ticket demand, is not factual BUT you believe what he said about everything else is - got ya now.

Since there never was a 6 concert for sale, it's a matter of opinion Ace. Not fact.

Many here don't know the difference granted so it's not surprise you're the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭paddyirish23

Nope. Minister on the radio just there saying that if Owen Keegan permits it, there will be a judicial review this evening and gave the clear impression, with the tone he used, that such a review could only have one outcome, that being the five-in-a-row would be .. back on.

You couldn't make this up :P

I think it's 99% certain the review won't happen, but if it did and of course that is one giant fecking if now..

..is it even possible for TM to apply the brakes on the refunds at this late stage? I doubt it.

This is surely the fiasco that gives giving / taking.
    Well i've cancelled the hotel at this stage now but if it did somehow go ahead id find a way up!!
    When will we know if this will/won't be a runner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

So you are saying that he should have added more concerts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Hopefully for the sake of the people of Ireland, the judicial review goes ahead and the 5 concerts follow.

Keegan, if not fired for lying should resign anyway for his poor decision making.

And we all live happily ever after.

Lol at "For the sake of the people of Ireland" :rolleyes:

Won't happen, The moment they put those concerts back on there will be a flurry of legal objections in the high courts.

Since there never was a 6 concert for sale, it's a matter of opinion Ace. Not fact.

Many here don't know the difference granted so it's not surprise you're the same.

What is the point with people like you? Loop da loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

bumper234 wrote: »
    Lol at "For the sake of the people of Ireland" :rolleyes:

Won't happen, The moment they put those concerts back on there will be a flurry of legal objections in the high courts.

I hope so. I also hope that if boards is monitored, it is noted how disgusted the majority of posters are about the farce that has been enacted over the last two days - posters who are voters as much as the GB fans are.

rubadub wrote: »
    No touts after night 5? can you define "tout"

Here was 2 ticket sold above face value just yesterday
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/GARTH-BROOKS-TICKETS-O2-DUBLIN-SUNDAY-27TH-CONCERTS-MAY-BE-REINSTATED-/181462084358?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item2a3ffbab06

You can check ebay completed listings to see lots were going for over face after the 5th sold out. I expect you would find it on other sites too.

That's actually below face value after eBay fees. I wouldn't consider below face value sales to be touting.

On a side note I find that sale bizarre, probably a scam too since it's likely the ticket price will be refunded to the original sellers card via TM.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    What is the point with people like you? Loop da loop.

Pot, meet kettle

Aiken clearly stated there was demand - you don't believe this
    Fair enough

But yet you take ever thing else he said about DCC as gospel -

All fans with tickets to see him in concert, jesus it's not hard to get this.

There are probably fans in Africa that wanted to see him the same night, are you saying he's a liar because he wasn't there on the same day too?

• Advertisement

So you are saying that he should have added more concerts?

If demand was there then yes

But maybe Aiken thought he would be pushing his luck way too much then and just stopped at 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭paddyirish23

I don't believe this...

Independent.ie ‏@Independent_ie 7m
    Aiken Promotions have formal assurance from Dublin City Council that local authority will not contest an application for a judicial review

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Look,
    The license was granted for 3 gigs. Brooks decided not to do the three gigs and instead try force the councils hand in putting on 5 on using some hogwash about equality for fans (as opposed to ticket holders), forgetting the major inequalities that exist around the world in ticket prices for same said fans. The whole thing backfired on him and he came out of the process, in many peoples eyes, not smelling too good.

Aiken clearly stated there was demand - you don't believe this
    Fair enough

But yet you take ever thing else he said about DCC as gospel -

'Self serving arguments' is the term you are looking for. Sad poster, has lost the grip in disappointment.

I don't believe this...

Aiken Promotions have formal assurance from Dublin City Council that local authority will not contest an application for a judicial review

Ha ha, KAABBOOOOMM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

bumper234 wrote: »

Yeah, you're spot on and no doubt Louis Copeland would be inundated by sterling cash buyers looking to be fitted for new suits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

I don't believe this...

Local authority won't need to contest it, the local residents will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Ha ha, KAABBOOOOMM

You watched the committee meetings, how on earth, in all honesty, can you celebrate this, no matter whether you think the concerts should be on or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

I don't believe this...

They had assurance that 5 licences would be granted, apparently.

Don't buy a stetson yet :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

I am looking forward to the Reeling in the Years for 2014 already.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement