Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

secman wrote: »
    The residents were led to believe that the GAA would limit the events to the initial 3 permitted.
    Were they lead to believe that, or did they just misunderstand?

I can't understand why no media outlet seems to have had sight of this mysterious agreement. I suspect the "agreement" was nothing more than a restatement of the original planning permission.

That planning permission only mentions three special events. Joe Bloggs might read that and mistakenly believe only 3 special events were permitted, if he didn't understand the licencing and planning process.

That's why I think, but am happy to be proven wrong, that the residents didn't take advice and didn't understand what they were reportedly given.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Were the 3 one directon concerts subject to licience or not ?

Why don't you find someone that went, and have a look at their ticket?

From my understanding, they would have been subject to licence, but the licence would have already been issued before the tickets went on sale, as 3 non sporting events a year in CP are pre-licensed.

Daith wrote: »
    If I want to run say something like Electric Picnic, an event over three nights, do I submit one application per night and one application that covers the three nights?
    One event can cover three or more nights according to the regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Bogdanistan

muddypaws wrote: »
    Why don't you find someone that went, and have a look at their ticket?

If you don't know, why did you jump in to answer ?

If you don't know, why did you jump in to answer ?

Jim, is that you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

conorh91 wrote: »
    Were they lead to believe that, or did they just misunderstand?

I can't understand why no media outlet seems to have had sight of this mysterious agreement. I suspect the "agreement" was nothing more than a restatement of the original planning permission.

That planning permission only mentions three special events. Joe Bloggs might read that and mistakenly believe only 3 special events were permitted, if he didn't understand the licencing and planning process.

That's why I think, but am happy to be proven wrong, that the residents didn't take advice and didn't understand what they were reportedly given.

quite probably.......you would expect that if a co signed written agreement was in place it would have surfaced by now ?

From my understanding, they would have been subject to licence, but the licence would have already been issued before the tickets went on sale, as 3 non sporting events a year in CP are pre-licensed.

How can you pre-licience something that is subject to liciencing ? How does that work ?

Jim, is that you?

? Owen is that you ?

Were the 3 one directon concerts already held this year at Croke Park, subject to licience or not ?
    Yes, but subject to an satisfactory management plan, essentially health and safety.

not subject to the usual planning and objections process.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The GAA are in shock, miffed to the brim, can't believe someone said NO to the mighty GAA. Hopefully they have learned a harsh lesson.
    no lesson to be learned, they did nothing wrong

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

Yes, but subject to an satisfactory management plan, essentially health and safety.

not subject to the usual planning and objections process.

I thought anything subject to planning is subject to the objection process, is that not enshrined in legislation ?

From my recollection of having read the condition applied by an Bord pleanala, it specifically mentions 3 non sporting events providing the relevant criteria are in place and thereafter any further proposed events are subject to planning permission. Google it and have a read yourself.

From my recollection of having read the condition applied by an Bord pleanala, it specifically mentions 3 non sporting events providing the relevant criteria are in place and thereafter any further proposed events are subject to planning permission. Google it and have a read yourself.

So are the first three events subject to the planning process ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I thought anything subject to planning is subject to the objection process, is that not enshrined in legislation ?
    It is. The objections were heard in relation to the 1993 planning permission allowing 3 special events per year, in the run-up to that permission being granted by DCC.

That permission is no longer subject to ongoing objection.

However, it is subject to ongoing supervision by DCC, in a sense, of how those special events are managed. Thus, the only requirement is that a satisfactory event management application be submitted to DCC for those three events.

For any extra events a brand new planning application is made. This is what happened.

Hopefully they won't tow that line............ the lesson is ..... initial 3 are fine...........a further 3........ most likely fine..........a further 5 ...............Whooooooooooooooooooooah..... maybe pushed that a tad too faaaaaaaar. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

So are the first three events subject to the planning process ?

The first three events where the 1D events. All of the GB events were subject to the planning process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

bumper234 wrote: »
    Moving on to personal attacks now that it's definitely all over.
    I've been calling the guy an idiot all along.
    The GB fans are showing their true colours now.

Ha.

GAA / Aiken were called 'scumbags' on the thread and obviously Garth Brooks was forever being called 'Girth', 'fat' etc. Then add to that the fact that all were accused of just making decisions to fill their pockets, Garth going a little further than the others in that he took money from the sick and dying. Yeah, your side of the debate have never resorted to personal attacks on those involved at all like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭h2005

hynesie08 wrote: »

That's because croke park are licensed for 3 concerts a year anything after that is subject to license

It is. The objections were heard in relation to the 1993 planning permission allowing 3 special events per year, in the run-up to that permission being granted by DCC.

That permission is no longer subject to ongoing objection.

However, it is subject to ongoing supervision by DCC, in a sense, of how those special events are managed. Thus, the only requirement is that a satisfactory event management application be submitted to DCC for those three events.

For any extra events a brand new planning application is made. This is what happened.

I really don't know how that works, it's like saying three buildings a year will be granted planning permission, but other buildings will have to make full planning applications.

• Advertisement

Because they were not .......... only a proper event management plan.....which one would think routine for a long established promoter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

not at all, good riddens, his past decisians before this are reason to get rid

Good riddens?

One is MCD, one is Aiken - the plot thickens. :P

One is MCD, one is Aiken - the plot thickens. :P

Maybe MCD have " friends in low places " . . . .;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

1D, 3D, five nights, cancelled, DCC, three nights, pissing through letterboxes, shop still in dock, stroppy sherman tank, circles, Aitken, protests, culchies, crappy music, residents, comeback, bluffing, refunds, who gives a fcuk?

Have I missed anything out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Except manage to get Brooks to fulfill his contract for licenced gigs.

1D, 3D, five nights, cancelled, DCC, three nights, pissing through letterboxes, shop still in dock, stroppy sherman tank, circles, Aitken, protests, culchies, crappy music, residents, comeback, bluffing, refunds, who gives a fcuk?

Phoenix rising from the flame.

Feigning a lack of intrest and announcing it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Just checked my bank account and I've been refunded for all the tickets I bought. My wife also rang and told me when she opened the mail this morning there was a €100 voucher from ticketmaster there. Some sort of apology for the Garth Brooks ticket fiasco. Anyone else get this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

You will need a silver bullet to kill this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement