Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

nm wrote: »
    375 - 11 forgeries that we know of. 364.

Google it, I promised yesterday I wouldn't be going back and forth with you over stuff like this.

So your making the false assumption that 1 objection = 1 person
    And not taking into account more than one person can sign an objection

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Show me where it's only 364 people.
    Don't bother. nm has been told multiple times now that objectors > objections but I can only assume he's just lying at this stage pretending that never happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

So your making the false assumption that 1 objection = 1 person
    And not taking into account more than one person can sign an objection

That is news to me. How many more people that 375 was it then? include source

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Don't bother. nm has been told multiple times now that objectors > objections but I can only assume he's just lying at this stage pretending that never happened.

I've never post about that and the above of course isn't true, but as usual you've responded with a disjointed nonsensical remark conveying that you're either confused, thick, a troll or just have severe ADD or something.

If you have to keep posting in my direction can you please try to calm down and pay attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

There appears to be a lot of hatred towards croke park from the residents with some residents being cycinal and critical of croke park. With the 370 submissions that was sent in with some believed to be forged, of the remainder - how can an authority establish an objection was based on a geniune issue and not a grudge held towards croke park.

• Advertisement

That is news to me. How many more people that 375 was it then? include source

I don't know it's always bring stated objections and never given the number of people.

You've been told loads of times but you just ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭Daith

There appears to be a lot of hatred towards croke park from the residents with some residents being cycinal and critical of croke park. With the 370 submissions that was sent in with some believed to be forged, of the remainder - how can an authority establish an objection was based on a geniune issue and not a grudge held towards croke park.

By reading the objections....

I don't know it's always bring stated objections and never given the number of people.

You've been told loads of times but you just ignore

You shouldn't listen to Dan_Solo so much Ace

You shouldn't listen to Dan_Solo so much Ace
    Let's put it this way, since you're a big fan of the meaningless stat: up to 7 billion people may have signed those 375 objections. Read that again: UP TO 7 BILLION.
    PS: you, for one, I am effing delighted will be crying into their GB pillowcase tonight.

Let's put it this way, since you're a big fan of the meaningless stat: up to 7 billion people may have signed those 375 objections. Read that again: UP TO 7 BILLION.
    PS: you, for one, I am effing delighted will be crying into their GB pillowcase tonight.

As stupid and meaningless a reply as any you've posted. You are consistent if nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Flem31

A GB pillowcase !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....now there's a scary thought....probably with matching PJ's, duvet cover and a Trisha Yearwood doll ......damn thinking about this much too long

Flem31 wrote: »
    A GB pillowcase !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....now there's a scary thought....probably with matching PJ's, duvet cover and a Trisha Yearwood doll ......damn thinking about this much too long

For the record again, I'm not a Garth Brooks fan(!!). That might be the only thing I have taken offense to all thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Flem31

For the record again, I'm not a Garth Brooks fan(!!). That might be the only thing I have taken offense to all thread.

Oh grow up......not all posts are about you or directed at you....it was merely a general comment made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

375 - 11 forgeries that we know of. 364.

Google it, I promised yesterday I wouldn't be going back and forth with you over stuff like this.

As has been pointed out to you MANY times 364 objections does not equate to 364 people. Many objections have MULTIPLE signatories. I'm sure you will (as usual) ignore this fact but expect to be pulled up on it every time you try to spout that nonsense.

Flem31 wrote: »
    Oh grow up......not all posts are about you or directed at you....it was merely a general comment made

Nor was mine directed at you. Maybe you have been thinking about this too long. Chill out.

bumper234 wrote: »
    As has been pointed out to you MANY times

This never happened though. Are you all the same person or do you just repeat each other or what

As has been pointed out to you MANY times 364 objections does not equate to 364 people. Many objections have MULTIPLE signatories. I'm sure you will (as usual) ignore this fact but expect to be pulled up on it every time you try to spout that nonsense.
    Careful there! nm will tell all the people down the linedancing club about the nasty logic and facts you have attacked him with!

This never happened though. Are you all the same person or do you just repeat each other or what

Yeah sure, the posts are there for anyone to see.

As stupid and meaningless a reply as any you've posted. You are consistent if nothing else.
    Translation from nm's private language required yet again: I can't argue with your post so I'll just say it's poo. That'll do it. Convincing huh?

How about you prove that 1 objection = 1 person - you were the one who brought this up - when challenged on it you just ignore.

I would put you on ignore but the problem is people just quote you so the ignore function is pointless.

• Advertisement

Yeah sure, the posts are there for anyone to see.

Let's see me being told millions of times

Yeah, nobody really thinks you're clueless, it's just dupe accounts and an echo in here. :D

How about you prove that 1 objection = 1 person - you were the one who brought this up - when challenged on it you just ignore.

I didn't ignore it, the opposite, I acknowledged it. Do you even know your own argument?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    This is why your posts carry zero credibility.
    Peter McKenna says it exists, you don't.
    he said he knew nothing about it, so that will do for me

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Let's see me being told millions of times

Who said you were told a "million times"?

he said he knew nothing about it

He did know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

So Garthy should have been treated special? No wonder he has such an inflated ego.

No, not "Garthy". What should have been recognised by DCC was the exceptional scale of the event and the business it was bringing. If the world knitting championships were the event in question, drawing similar crowds, it would be exactly the same. I have repeatedly said that Garth Brooks had no interest for me but the potential business for the city does. That should have been the imrperative for Keegan and Co but they preferred to cover their asses.

First Up wrote: »
    No, not "Garthy". What should have been recognised by DCC was the exceptional scale of the event and the business it was bringing. If the world knitting championships were the event in question, drawing similar crowds, it would be exactly the same. I have repeatedly said that Garth Brooks had no interest for me but the pontential business for the city does. That should have been the imperative for Keegan and Co but they preferred to cover their asses.

So again

Should all five concerts have gone through even though there were HUNDREDS of objections? Should it have been forced on the residents of the area and indeed the residents of a large part of Dublin who would be affected by these concerts? Should all planning laws and concerns been thrown out of the window to facilitate these concerts just because it was big money?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

So again

Should all five concerts have gone through even though there were HUNDREDS of objections? Should it have been forced on the residents of the area and indeed the residents of a large part of Dublin who would be affected by these concerts? Should all planning laws and concerns been thrown out of the window to facilitate these concerts just because it was big money?

You ant MY opinion?
    Should all five concerts have gone through even though there were HUNDREDS of objections? YES
    Should it have been forced on the residents of the area and indeed the residents of a large part of Dublin who would be affected by these concerts? YES

Should all planning laws and concerns been thrown out of the window to facilitate these concerts just because it was big money? Absolutely friggin YES

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

The potential income was very good and it is a great pity that no compromise could have been agreed on. From what I hear Brooks refused to do 3 gigs in Croke Park and 2 elsewhere because his agent said it was about making history. He's entitled to his opinion I suppose.

What I don't understand is why you would advertise for the concert and sell tickets before the license was obtained. Does anyone know the reason? I might be wrong but was it not the case that Aiken Promotions applied for the license for 5 concerts and were led to believe the license would be granted so they went ahead to promote it and sell tickets.

I'm no expert at concert organisation but if this is true surely it's common sense to wait until the license is approved before selling tickets?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement