Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

conorh91 wrote: »
    No, it's too late to start afresh under the Regulations. It seems unlikely that the previous decision can be revised.

so are 400,000 ticket-holders and business owners.

How many businesses in the area of Croke park would have had to close down every day that the concerts would have been on? Or do those businesses not matter either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

bumper234 wrote: »
    But it did, or are residents not people in your eyes?

Some people won, more people lost, would be more accurate.

It's not power to most of the people.

We've been through this.

nm wrote: »
    Some people won, more people lost, would be more accurate.

It's not power to most of the people.

We've been through this.

It's power to the people over big business, Gombeenism and big money. The little man won....get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

How many businesses in the area of Croke park would have had to close down every day that the concerts would have been on? Or do those businesses not matter either?
    A tiny number relative to the amount of businesses who would have benefitted from 400,000 people engaging in discretionary spending in the night-time economy, hotels, transport businesses and restaurants?

So only when residents pro-actively came forward to say they themselves had been forged were removed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

"Based on a sample of 200 submissions, Gardai have concluded that 64% are not suspect"

It's power to the people over big business, Gombeenism and big money. The little man won....get used to it.

Ha ha you are hilarious, you can still get your head around it.

140,000 ticket holders are all people (not to you mind), many SMALL businesses in the area, and on and on but I'm not going to bother.

Once again, been through this.

A tiny number relative to the amount of businesses who would have benefitted from 400,000 people engaging in discretionary spending in the night-time economy, hotels, transport businesses and restaurants?

Small businesses that lose out on a weeks business could face going broke. Again it's the small businesses that need the money rather than the large ones.

"Based on a sample of 200 submissions, Gardai have concluded that 64% are not suspect"

I spotted that as well, that's a farce, it could be full of forgeries, we don't know and as there is proven forgeries in there (when the people have come forward themselves) I would think the rest should have been considered very suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Owen Keegan has fairly done his homework.

• Advertisement

I spotted that as well, that's a farce, it could be full of forgeries, we don't know and as there is proven forgeries in there (when the people have come forward themselves) I would think the rest should have been considered very suspect.
    You've obviously missed the statement from the guards that 64% have been verified as correct.

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    You've obviously missed the statement from the guards that 64% have been verified as correct.

That is not a high number, that's what I'm saying.

I didn't realise that full privilige extends to these committees. No wonder Aiken and the GAA could rant without fear or favour

Keegan is answering all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

In fairness to Keegan he puts his points across a lot better than some of his more fanatical supporters here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭Daith

It doesn't matter. DCC could act based on just one objection. It's not a matter of numbers.

I would think the rest should have been considered very suspect.

No you are not. You are ignoring that the guards have verifed that 64% are valid. You are saying they all be considered suspect.
    You are now contradicting a garda investigation, they have spoken to the objectors - you have not.

Small businesses that lose out on a weeks business could face going broke. Again it's the small businesses that need the money rather than the large ones.
    This is nonsense to be honest, and it not cited by the Local Authority as a reason for the decision, insofar as they admit the economic benefits of the concerts going ahead. They merely think that the economic benefits do not outweigh the disruption to householders, and that is their right.

It has nothing to do with local businesses closing for a few hours who thereafter "might have to close down".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Who did he look at when he said "impartial"

In fairness to Keegan he puts his points across a lot better than some of his more fanatical supporters here
    the chairman now being friendly and calling him Owen.

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Who did he look at when he said "impartial"
    Timmy, I think

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Timmy, I think

Pure hate in that stare.

Timmy doesn't think DCC did anything wrong in the licence process - they just gave the wrong decision ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Timmy doesn't think DCC did anything wrong in the licence process - they just gave the wrong decision ;)

Well a man with a photo of he and Garth on his twitter account would say that.

Keegan admits he said he would be supportive of the 5 :eek: .....

..... providing the GAA and Aiken dealt with the residents

Owen Keegan just confirmed that he did indicate to Peter McKenna that he was supportive of five concerts

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Well a man with a photo of he and Garth on his twitter account would say that.
    I had a look because I thought you were joking.

Sweet Jesus - this guy is on the committee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Owen Keegan just confirmed that he did indicate to Peter McKenna that he was supportive of five concerts

Difference between supportive and licencing them. At the time it hadn't gone to public consultation.

Timmy is going to start crying here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Difference between supportive and licencing them. At the time it hadn't gone to public consultation.

Still a complete u-turn from what he said before. That he gave 'no indication' that he or the council would be supportive of 5 concerts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement