Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Oh, Metallica concerts are raves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Rugby world cup has nothing to do with the planning department- its only concerts

Timmy - why did not take into account it was Garth Brooks and not Metallica :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Not Metallica, or a massive rave :)

Edit: To be fair in terms of profiling, this would be a more drunken crowd rather than 1D for instance, if you look at it form that stance rather then less damaging than a "big rave like"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The more the cowboy Dooley speaks the move obvious his personal interest is. He's a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

"Nobody has an issue with sporting events at Croke Park"

Apart from those that do :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The more the cowboy Dooley speaks the move obvious his personal interest is. He's a moron.
    Now he is defending Duffy and putting words into his mouth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    No you are not. You are ignoring that the guards have verifed that 64% are valid. You are saying they all be considered suspect.
    You are now contradicting a garda investigation, they have spoken to the objectors - you have not.

Unless the 11 objections that were proven to be forged constitute the entire remaining 36%, then that is the "rest" I am referring to, that I would consider suspect until confirmed as genuine (like the 64%).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Now he is defending Duffy and putting words into his mouth

Dooley is making a holy show of himself here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭Daith

Dooley doesn't seem to accept that Aiken and Croke Park did nothing to show they could minimize disruption to the residents.

This guy is making sense, if only he could actually articulate it though.

• Advertisement

Main thing to take away from this so far is that Keegan was talking through his arse when he said that he gave no indication that he or the council would support the staging of five concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Anyone get any money back yet? Bought tickets on Ticketmaster. They returned it yesterday. How long does it take?

muddypaws wrote: »
    This guy is making sense, if only he could actually articulate it though.

Ha, I was about to switch the stream off as he was taking ages to make any sort of point, but when he eventually got there it was a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Main thing to take away from this so far is that Keegan was talking through his arse when he said that he gave no indication that he or the council would support the staging of five concerts.

And that GAA/Croke park admitted that 5 in a row was too much to ask of the local residents ;)

as long as Aiken and Croke Park could show they would minimize disruption to the residents. You might as well quote him fully.

This guy is great, I can't see who he is, anyone know ?

I love this guy, whats his name? He is so obviously a boards reader.

Yay he def got the housing planning permission analogy from us :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

Eamonn Moloney. He's supposed to be asking a question, not offering a view. So I'm not sure where he's going with this.

bumper234 wrote: »
    And that GAA/Croke park admitted that 5 in a row was too much to ask of the local residents ;)
    On national televsion but slate DCC for not giving them

Eamonn Moloney is a TD from Dublin and is the first time I have heard a politician saying DCC did not cancel the concerts.

Chairman now reprimanding him :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Happyman, is it you?

conorh91 wrote: »
    Eamonn Moloney. He's supposed to be asking a question, not offering a view. So I'm not sure where he's going with this.

No he's not. He's allowed to offer his thoughts.

Eamonn Moloney - Labour TD for South Dublin

bumper234 wrote: »

Main thing is that he has pretty much admitted to lying. In fact he very clearly has shown himself to have lied before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

Daith wrote: »
    No he's not. He's allowed to offer his thoughts.
    That's what the Seanad and Dáil are for; committees are for asking questions of witnesses. in any event, it's a matter for the Chairman.

Daith wrote: »
    He's allowed to offer his thoughts.
    He's not - only the Garth Brooks fans and GAA members are

That's what the Seanad and Dáil is for; committees are for asking questions of witnesses.

And did you watch the previous two sittings?

Main thing is that he has pretty much admitted to lying. In fact he very clearly has shown himself to have lied before.
    Well I am sure he will be fired so

Well I am sure he will be fired so

Fired for lying in Ireland.. doubt that

Do you dispute that he told a blatant lie by stating that he gave 'no indication' that he or the council would be supportive of the staging of five concerts?

It vindicates what Aiken and your man from Croke Park claimed before though. When people here had been accusing them of lying on the matter.

• Advertisement

That's what the Seanad and Dáil are for; committees are for asking questions of witnesses. in any event, it's a matter for the Chairman.

Yes and the chairman then asked him if he had a question then moved on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement