Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

JRant wrote: »
    I fought the law and the law won.
    not in this case as no law was faught or broken

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Keegan: What measures have you taken to address residents complaints?

Aiken/GAA: ermm well nothing.

Croke Park: Well apart from giving them five hundred thousand, but those bastards will still crash stolen cars into the stadium and throw eggs at guests, what de fuk do you want me to do like, seriously, YOUS get the law to arrest them fukers and we all might have a nights sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Every concert, every promoter, Aiken Promotion and MCD sells tickets without a licence. Always have in this country. Except in the O2. Some people are really blind not see that much.

Ah the O2, now why would that be?

It couldn't possibly be because it is a specially designated MUSIC venue. Nothing to do with it receiving planning permission to hold all those gigs.

Nothing at all like CP being able to hold as many matches as it likes because that was the planning permission received as a SPORTS venue.

Strange that, can't figure it out at all!

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

It couldn't possibly be because it is a specially designated MUSIC venue. Nothing to do with it receiving planning permission to hold all those gigs.

Nothing at all like CP being able to hold as many matches as it likes because that was the planning permission received as a SPORTS venue.

That was hardly her point

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Croke Park: Well apart from giving them five hundred thousand, but those bastards will still crash stolen cars into the stadium and throw eggs at guests, what de fuk do you want me to do like, seriously, YOUS get the law to arrest them fukers and we all might have a nights sleep.

CP: I know we had a previous agreement and times move on but we really really promise that we will abide by this new *cough*agreement*cough*. Double swearsy with sugar on top.

nm wrote: »
    That was hardly her point

No, I think it's owned by Live Nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Just sometimes the O2 is too damn small. Other stadiums all over the world gets used for concerts too.

Anyway, round and round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭bitemeluis

Are the concerts cancelled? - I didnt hear anything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Just sometimes the O2 is too damn small. Other stadiums all over the world gets used for concerts too.

Anyway, round and round.

Croke Park is used for concerts, and as has been discussed on this thread, the One Direction concerts in May were sold with the licence in place, so not subject to licence.

Anyway, round and round.

Well if it's quality your after then the O2 is a much better venue than CP. The sound can be very hit and miss at gigs in CP and you'd need 'go go gadget eyes' to see the act if your not near the front.

Now if you want to pack 'em in and make as much money as possible then CP's your only man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

bitemeluis wrote: »
    Are the concerts cancelled? - I didnt hear anything

Have you been living under a rock or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

muddypaws wrote: »
    Croke Park is used for concerts, and as has been discussed on this thread, the One Direction concerts in May were sold with the licence in place, so not subject to licence.

Any event over 5000 people requires a licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Any event over 5000 people requires a licence.

Maybe re-read what I said, I didn't say it didn't have or didn't need a licence.

muddypaws wrote: »
    Maybe re-read what I said, I didn't say it didn't have or didn't need a licence.

You quite clear said the tickets sold were "not subject to license". Obviously the license was approved before hand. Not sure why people can't wrap their head around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I do. But they don't usually throw around unverified numbers either, e.g. 375, when there are forgeries amongst them.
    General elections are thorough that way (I hope at least)

Even accepting about a third of them being bogus, that still leaves approx 250 legitimate objections.
    Presuming that each of those 250 objections represented one household in the vicinity of Croke Park that is still a fair number of objections that have to be considered.
    Now if you were to take a drive around the immediate vicinity of Croke Park and start counting houses you would soon see that 250 would soon cover a large number of people in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭roshje

Mods end this please

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Every concert, every promoter, Aiken Promotion and MCD sells tickets without a licence. Always have in this country. Except in the O2. Some people are really blind not see that much.
    But not for concerts far beyond the previously accepted scope of a venue. Which Aiken definitely knew about and tried to ram through anyway.

• Advertisement

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Even accepting about a third of them being bogus, that still leaves approx 250 legitimate objections.
    Presuming that each of those 250 objections represented one household in the vicinity of Croke Park that is still a fair number of objections that have to be considered.
    Now if you were to take a drive around the immediate vicinity of Croke Park and start counting houses you would soon see that 250 would soon cover a large number of people in the area.

Not disputing there were legitimate objections, however 250 is nothing, a small minority and as we know the objections are not necessarily coming from the area at all or even the county.

There is no way you can cut it that 250 is anywhere near a majority or even large minority of those in the CP area.

roshje wrote: »
    Mods end this please

Agree, it's been fun but flogging a dead horse now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Before we go, any chance you could tell us how you got unbanned, despite ignoring mod warnings and multiple incidents of personal abuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Dan_Solo, you're now banned from the thread. You were warned more than enough times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

The biggest news of the day is that all five Garth Brooks concerts have been cancelled.

I weep for Ireland if that's the biggest news of the days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Yep... I think at this stage everyone on both sides have had their say. Time to click the oul "unfollow" button.
    **Tips hat and shakes hands with adversaries on the other side of the fence**

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

It's been fun watching the concerts get shot down in flames alright.
    You're absolutely right there.

To ALL, I wish all the best.

Me personal boards 'enemies' have been quited today. I'm smug about that, sorry, but, no hard feelings going forward,

A unique experience and I'm delighted to have been part of it.

Ireland ABU!

Not disputing there were legitimate objections, however 250 is nothing, a small minority and as we know the objections are not necessarily coming from the area at all or even the county.

There is no way you can cut it that 250 is anywhere near a majority or even large minority of those in the CP area.

Really?

Quote nm "Could be isn't good enough, when we know there's forgery going on they can no longer be taken at face value"

• Advertisement

Really?

Quote nm "Could be isn't good enough, when we know there's forgery going on they can no longer be taken at face value"

?

Really what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement