Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

Cienciano wrote: »
    And you're another that seem to ignore the fact that Garth Brooks was able to play 4 nights and he decided himself not to.
    If you're handing out blame, DCC and residents are 20% to blame, Garth Brooks is 80%.

You are on here arguing a point that doesn't even concern you and you can't even get a simple fact right, it was 3 nights not 4.

You will find Garth Brooks fans very much support his decision to not play the nights. The residents and DCC are 100% to blame claiming other wise is idiotic.
    Muahahaha wrote: »

Not this argument again. The city centre is wedged with cars and we have no more space. What do you want, total and utter gridlock ?

Yeah and reducing lanes for cars is going to help :rolleyes:

His policies are ridiculous, our cities are being destroyed by cycle lanes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Can he do a uturn?

Mr.Brooks if you are reading this please reconsider and do the 3.

I know little about Brooks, but he is coming across as rather selfish and quite dense to boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

visual wrote: »
    Who are DCC representing
    not dublin city as its lost 50 plus million to the city. Definitely not tourism and as Dublin is the main tourism attractions thats shooting themselves in the foot. No consideration was given to the fans who bough tickets in good faith.

The begrudgery of those living in the shadow of the statium was bewildering.

The DCC is representing the residents who live within the DCC limits.

Begrudgery - truly the utterance of a meathead. Change the record, seriously.

I'm glad that pressure groups exist to push against businesses running wild, personally.

Oh, and you should probably blame ol' Garthy for 30 to 40 million of that money being lost to the city. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

A Dublin scaffolder who lodged injunction against the Garth Brooks concerts has claimed that he and his family have been subject to death threats.
    I'm sure a few warriors on here could be suspects

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Can he do a uturn?

Mr.Brooks if you are reading this please reconsider and do the 3.

W'ont happen, once again the people of Ireland are taken from behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

You are on here arguing a point that doesn't even concern you and you can't even get a simple fact right, it was 3 nights not 4.

You will find Garth Brooks fans very much support his decision to not play the nights. The residents and DCC are 100% to blame claiming other wise is idiotic.
    He was offered 4, do a little research.

I'm a Garth fan and i 100% blame him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭bobrawn20

nm wrote: »
    What a gob****e he must be, this story just gets weirder and weirder

I'd be having some laugh if I was him, he's riled up everyone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Can anyone actually back up this "secret 4 gigs offer"? Where did this rumour start?

bobrawn20 wrote: »
    I'd be having some laugh if I was him, he's riled up everyone :D

Indeed, he must find death threats hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

He was offered 4 nights. He refused. Why are the residents 100% to blame when he's free to play 4 nights but he simply won't?

• Advertisement

Indeed, he must find death threats hilarious

Any death threats off cowboy hat wearing folk are to be taken with a pinch of salt I imagine

Can anyone actually back up this "secret 4 gigs offer"? Where did this rumour start?

Peter Aiken claims DCC rang him and said 3, When he said 5 or nothing they said we'll talk to the planners about 4 if Garth guarantees he'll do all 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Bit late now sunshine:

Ah for fcuk sake

So DCC has u-turned and is begging Garth to play now
    Injunction man was mysteriously u-turned and is begging Garth to play now
    There are a lot more residents becoming vocal in favour of the gigs going ahead
    The original residents are being accused of forging numbers
    The overseas fans are disgusted with Ireland/committee/city
    Garth is being pig headed and won't budge now

What a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭h2005

Cienciano wrote: »
    He was offered 4 nights. He refused. Why are the residents 100% to blame when he's free to play 4 nights but he simply won't?

Shows how much respect he has for the country that "has a special place" in his heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

bobrawn20 wrote: »
    Any death threats off cowboy hat wearing folk are to be taken with a pinch of salt I imagine
    Not when Sinn Fein are putting pressure on getting the concerts back on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

DCC said 4 was a possiblity.
    You will find Garth Brooks fans very much support his decision to not play the nights.

I doubt that very much.

Peppa Pig wrote: »

:confused: What are you getting at here exactly?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Mr_Red wrote: »
    Legal Proceedings against all 5 concerts was withdrawn today

This gentleman lives a minutes walk from O Connell St in North Cumberland St where the old labour exchange used be. O Brien the Handball gent who is also an objector lives in Castleknock.
    Really what credibility did Keegan give to these complaints.
    For a decision of such economic importance he should have done more research before making a decision.
    Did he check as to how many if any complaints the Gardai had to deal with about Croke Park.
    Did he really believe that the average Garth Brooks fan was going to cut loose around the place.

Can he do a uturn?

Not now surely, the refunds and cancellations of hotels and flights and trains etc etc are already in motion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Refunds not being processed by ticketmaster until Monday..

Kurumba wrote: »

The best I can see in my head for anyone that wanted to go is another date in another venue later on in the tour.

I wouldn't count on it though, I'd say GB and his management want to wash their hands of this whole mess for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

What is idiotic:
    - Announcing additional concerts with any consideration to any prior agreements (GAA/residents)
    - Selling tickets for concerts you haven't even prepared the license application for (Aiken)
    - Trying to make threats when you chanced your arm and lost (Garth Brooks)
    - Trying to divert the blame when the whole thing falls apart

Ironically, the only ones who followed due process here were the residents in lodging their complaints and concerns with DCC - yet they're being called all sorts!

There are solely and exactly three groups at fault here:
    - GAA
    - Aiken
    - Garth Brooks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

This episode confirms my worst suspicions.

We are a dense, dense nation.

No wonder there's a huge market for the likes of Joe Duffy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Kurumba wrote: »

Tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Amanda7326

is anyone trying to watch his conference at 5 on the website?
    Nothing is coming up for me except the thunder in the background, has it not started yet, or am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Peppa Pig wrote: »

I said it before but there's a delicious irony about Sinn Fein fighting against local residents to force something like this down their throats just as the 12th July approaches.

Croke Park must be Garth Brooks' traditional marching route

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I feel sorry for people who bought tickets off the touts online.

If you bought a ticket off a tout that won the tickets you cant get the money back.

Amanda7326 wrote: »
    is anyone trying to watch his conference at 5 on the website?
    Nothing is coming up for me except the thunder in the background, has it not started yet, or am I doing something wrong?

It's tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Amanda7326

hynesie08 wrote: »
    It's tomorrow.

Thanks a mill.... I would have been a long time waiting lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement