Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

There are solutions out there that would allow 5 concerts to go ahead, for the City Manager to save face and for everything to be within hte law.

What are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

dandyo wrote: »
    The last Eoin McLove didn't even attract this level of attention and enthusiasm , and we all know of his love of cakes and jumpers

How many more Father Ted related posts are you planning on posting? :p

Grayson wrote: »
    Emergency legislation for a concert...

This country has hit a new low.

You wouldn't think we could get any lower would ya...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

bear1 wrote: »
    How many more Father Ted related posts are you planning on posting? :p

I think the limit is 3 without the mods further approval

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭irishgeo

If the people who were going to multiple shows gave up tickets them multiple night tickets, we wouldn't need 5 shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dandyo

Smidge wrote: »

Careful Now!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,223 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

bear1 wrote: »
    You wouldn't think we could get any lower would ya...

Thankfully we have this guy offering to help

I've a perfect solution!!!
    Why don't the Government just buy his album, stick it on a CD player and play it on a loudspeaker in Croke Park for the 5 nights?
    If it gets too loud then they just turn down the volume.. probs solved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

What I don't get is, if the five concerts go ahead, does that mean the wishes of residents will have been completely ignored, and a new precedent been set? 3 seemed OK, a compromise.

People are latching on forgeries. Well, firstly,we don't know they were forgeries, secondly, there would have been some legitimate signatures too. And others I know who live really near CP never bothered complaining, not because they wanted the concerts but because they figured there was no point, that it would fall on deaf ears anyway. Seems they were right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Is love to hear what the handball lads got in return for dropping their objections. Could be a stroke of genius by them if they get to save their hall or whatever it is they're after if that was their intention all along and they just used the concerts as leverage.

• Advertisement

dandyo wrote: »
    Careful Now!

Whatcha gonna do about it, huh...huh??
    Go tell Big Phil on me? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

We've changed it to 8.

edit: sorry, it's down to 6.

edit: now none are allowed as it's unfair to unquoted lines.

edit: we're back to 6.

edit: there's an injunction from the UVF demanding we have none.

Co co meeting called off. Either a deal done or Keegan's said feck off.

Edit - City council of course

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

This country has hit a new low.
    Fianna Fail.

Drive your unneeded SUVs round to your mate's €800,000 2-bedroom gaf and bring your €150 bags of 2% coke, we're gonna party like it's 2004.

humanji wrote: »
    We've changed it to 8.

Fecking Mod corruption..
    Who paid you off humanji...? WE DEMAND ANSWERS AND A TRIBUNAL NOW :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

We're about to see whether the country goes back to the 90s, where politicians could overrule planning rules and where endless amounts of money in brown envelopes ruled, or we go forward as a modern democracy where laws are passed and are implemented. I'm betting on the former, and it's interesting to see the parties who are involved.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

This country has hit a new low places, where the whiskey drowns.

:pac:

Is anyone else waiting for the red line to show up on RTE.ie with breaking news..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

If you think trying to make out like I'm thick and don't know what I'm talking about makes the point any more valid then it is you who are mistaken.

Why does every discussion on afterhours degenerate into this kind of petty one upping.
    Naive, not thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Retroactive laws are completely unconstitutional in this country.
    Is that a statement of fact or a statement of hope?
    Personally I hope it's a fact. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

Fecking Mod corruption..
    Who paid you off humanji...? WE DEMAND ANSWERS AND A TRIBUNAL NOW :mad:

I know, but I'm not saying.

I did see humanji earlier wearing a new suit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Naive, not thick.

I'm not naive either, thanks.

Keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

hmmm wrote: »
    We're about to see whether the country goes back to the 90s, where politicians could overrule planning rules and where endless amounts of money in brown envelopes ruled, or we go forward as a modern democracy where laws are passed and are implemented. I'm betting on the former, and it's interesting to see the parties who are involved.

Planning rules? Don't make me laugh. The same planning rules that over saw the last 20 years of bull$hit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

If the handball crowd (which Eamon O'Brien is heavily involved in) are prepared to put up with 5 nights for their alley then it really shows that the GAA and Aiken could have sorted all this out last December by talking to them without this nonsense now.
    O'Brien warned the GAA back in 2011 that they could make life very difficult for the GAA if they didn't get their way.

It's in one of these

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    If the handball crowd (which Eamon O'Brien is heavily involved in) are prepared to put up with 5 nights for their alley then it really shows that the GAA and Aiken could have sorted all this out last December by talking to them without this nonsense now.
    O'Brien warned the GAA back in 2011 that they could make life very difficult for the GAA if they didn't get their way.

It's in one of these

Exactly. What a way to get what you want though.

I'd love to know why the meeting has been called off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭That_Girl_ Is_ A_Cowboy

I love getting shafted by Mr.Brooks. Dublin needs him and the boost he brings, than he need Dublin. 'you can take all 5 nights of me and my loyal fans or none at all'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I personally hope that the gigs go ahead for the fans, the residents are assured that this is a one off and rules will be enforced from now on to ensure this fiasco doesn't happen again, that DCC is forced to overhaul the whole licensing system and that Aiken and GAA get some sort of appropriate punishment for their actions that makes them think twice before taking advantage again.

Sadly, I think your version is what will happen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement