Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Doesn't Keegan still have to play ball though?

And what if one person with too much time on his/her hands challenges the reversal in the courts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

OldGoat wrote: »
    Is that a statement of fact or a statement of hope?
    Personally I hope it's a fact. :)
    Article 15.5.2

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Naive, not thick.
    If you've nothing nice to say, say nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

mediation meeting due to take place at 5 now called off, could be positive for gb fans, a decision either way probably has been made, i hope at least 3 concerts go ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

^^^^^

Was that pun intended?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

And what if one person with too much time on his/her hands challenges the reversal in the courts?

By the time the challenge would come to light it would be too late I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I'm curious about something..
    If the decision is overturned for whatever reason, will this set a new precedent with regard to planning?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I love getting shafted by Mr.Brooks. Dublin needs him and the boost he brings, than he need Dublin. 'you can take all 5 nights of me and my loyal fans or none at all'.

All accommodation in the city will be fully booked for those days (albeit at lower rates) whether or not the concerts happen, just like it is every July.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

hmmm wrote: »
    We're about to see whether the country goes back to the 90s, where politicians could overrule planning rules and where endless amounts of money in brown envelopes ruled, or we go forward as a modern democracy where laws are passed and are implemented. I'm betting on the former, and it's interesting to see the parties who are involved.

What utter fictional nonsense. I'd like to see some evidence that any such thing is being discussed or planned or happening.

• Advertisement

Smidge wrote: »
    If the decision is overturned for whatever reason, will this set a new precedent with regard to planning?

Isn't it the case that it will only be overturned for this particular incident?
    Then new legislation would come in so that this doesn't happen anymore?
    Feck knows in this country though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

Doubt it, but maybe Brooks will announce the decision in his press conference.

Six minutes to go:

www.GarthBrooks.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Obama? Mexican Ambassadors? Every damn party in the Dail.. wtf is going on with this joke of a country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Retroactive laws are completely unconstitutional in this country.

I said something similar a bit back. If they claim they can't do it for pay offs to former state employees etc but do it for this I just don't know what to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Retroactive laws are completely unconstitutional in this country.

Unless I've fallen into a time travel matrix, these concerts haven't actually happened yet ....... So how exactly is this retroactive ?

I'd laugh my hole off if he announced that he was finally retiring :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Six minutes to go:

www.GarthBrooks.com
    Its not for another hour

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

humanji wrote: »
    the residents are assured that this is a one off and rules will be enforced from now on
    That's not the actions of a first world country. It'll be a once-off for Mr Brooks, a once-off for the new shopping centre, a once-off for the new town in West Dublin and no developer will dare go for planning permission without making sure enough politicians are paid to ensure that their "once off" goes ahead.

We've spent a fortune on planning tribunals, and the same people who would be spitting with outrage on Joe Duffy now want us to put aside our planning rules again. We never learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Six minutes to go:

www.GarthBrooks.com

66 minutes to go (12 noon EDT)

bear1 wrote: »
    Isn't it the case that it will only be overturned for this particular incident?
    Then new legislation would come in so that this doesn't happen anymore?
    Feck knows in this country though

So "Selective legislation" then?
    In other words, if I have enough money and kick up a big enough fuss I can get the law changed? FFS, what a country :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Article 15.5.2
    15.5.2° The Oireachtas shall not enact any law providing for the imposition of the death penalty.

That esclated quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Obama? Mexican Ambassadors? Every damn party in the Dail.. wtf is going on with this joke of a country.
    And with all this happening in real life, why are the majority of Irish comedy tv shows rubbish?

So "Selective legislation" then?
    In other words, if I have enough money and kick up a big enough fuss I can get the law changed? FFS, what a country :(

If that's what will happen then more or less yeah :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

bear1 wrote: »
    I'd laugh my hole off if he announced that he was finally retiring :D

"I've decided to call time on country music, my first love, and will be developing my career as a romantic novelist."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

No, Fianna Fail did it all the time in the 90s. Cost is a small fortune in social issues and tribunal costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I just remembered, what about our good friend SoCal Music Lover? Wasn't he going cancelling flights and pouring scorn over the nation of Ireland? I wonder will he change his mind and come back.

"I've decided to call time on country music, my first love, and will be developing my career as a romantic novelist."

"I will also be the star/director/writer in a new film about the ordeal suffered trying to stage a comeback"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,204 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

It's not the first time he's done something crazy. He tried to be a major league baseball star at one point.

I somehow envisaged him as a potter :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

66 minutes to go (12 noon EDT)

Ah ffs, made tea and everything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement