Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

keith16 wrote: »
    Joke. Ireland Inc. For sale to the highest bid.

And if you are GB, or anyone really with a lot of money:

Step 1: Throw toys out of the pram when you don't get your way
    Step 2: Say "ah c'maaaan" and other emotional bargaining tools. Mention the economy and jobs and all that.
    Step 4: ?????
    Step 5: Profit

Having the country's meeja behind you helps a lot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

100% serious.

Thousands traipsing in and out of the O2 for five consecutive nights to see that fecking eejit, when the cement is barely dry on the Dublin Port Tunnel??

It's only asking for trouble.
    You can file an injunction. I know a guy who'll no longer need his new suit! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Thejournal just looked at all the nonsense on here and made an article out of the best bits... That's what they always do :)

There are no good bits here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

Predict Garth's site is going to crash and burn under the intense load from the Irish media as soon as he starts that livestream.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

We should all do it through here.

This is absolutely farcical at this stage.

A bunch of poxy country and western gigs and everyone goes mental. This country is a ****ing ****hole. I can't wait to see the protests about actual things that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

What kind of material do they want for their new suit? How about concrete?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I hope Enda Kenny has the good grace to ring Garth Brooks and apologise. I also suggest a civic reception, and maybe a freedom of the city? He should also be put forward as our ambassador to the Vatican.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

ThisRegard wrote: »
    There are no good bits here!

Good point! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Stand by for the injunctions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Why would he apologise, there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of people who agree with him (basing that on the fact loads of people not going really think the concerts should go ahead).

If these gigs go ahead its bloody brilliant, people power corruption at its finest and has restored my faith in politicians being able to get things done!

FYP

Absolute joke. Not a single politician who has had any part in the complete disregard for our laws will be getting a vote from me. Some things never change. Once money is to be made, planning law and regulation counts for nothing in Ireland. Hope Kenny is happy with himself.

Sorting out these concerts will get mine and probably hundreds of thousands of votes for the people involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Sorting out these concerts will get mine and probably hundreds of thousands of votes for the people involved.

Jaysus, people died to get the vote in this country and your giving it away for a poxy gig. For shame.

Seriously, what is with you assuming everyone thinks and does the same as you? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

You actually don't deserve a vote if you are basing your opinion on a concert.

Luckily they did nothing to sort out the concerts, so you won't have to vote for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

So it looks like common sense might prevail and the good guys might actually win with the concerts going ahead in the end.. Good win for the people of Ireland if so

Well done Government or whoever the hell it was sorted it in the end

nm wrote: »
    So it looks like common sense might prevail and the good guys might actually win in the end.. Good win for the people of Ireland if so

You might want to clarify who the good guys are.

• Advertisement

So it looks like common sense might prevail and the good guys might actually win with the concerts going ahead in the end.. Good win for the people of Ireland if so

Depends what the actual win is. Just having the concerts and pretending nothing happened is a lose for everyone except those who financially benefited from this.

Not really

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Jaysus, people died to get the vote in this country and your giving it away for a poxy gig.

Well it mightn't be the deciding factor in a vote but why wouldn't I give my vote to a party who did something that benefited me. Its how most people decide on their vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

There are no good guys in this scenario, whole things a ****ing joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Tarzana wrote: »
    Seriously, what is with you assuming everyone thinks and does the same as you? :confused:

400,000 people think the same as him it's safe to say.

If they go ahead Dublin will make millions in revenue, the residents have backed the gigs and yet some of ye here are still whinging about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

I can't wait for the reactions here when these concerts go ahead, they will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

This is why we need IQ tests before allowing people a vote.

humanji wrote: »
    Depends what the actual win is. Just having the concerts and pretending nothing happened is a lose for everyone except those who financially benefited from this.

For sure, the whole process should be straightened out to ensure this never happens again, after these gigs happen and the money is saved/made and the 400,000 get to keep their plans. No one will disagree there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I'm not able for all this excitement and I'm not a resident or a ticket holder.......

Anyone seen Hard Luck Woman? I'm afraid her nerves will go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    4fm just posted on FB that news is reaching them that all 5 are now back on.

Edit: link to post: https://www.facebook.com/ClassicHits4FM/photos/a.199338403435622.42113.125659037470226/713996018636522/?type=1&theater

A fcking cowboy republic, we are a laughing stock at this stage..... hope the fcker gets laryngitis........... 24th July to 31st July

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement