Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

How about just accepting that a decision was made and move on? Don't see why it's Enda's problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Now we know what it would be like if aliens ever landed.

Wall to wall coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

rumours that the concerts are back on with 3 to be held in July and the remaining 2 after end of world tour.
    Apparently Enda will announce it shortly after his direct intervention to save the day.....

another fúckin reason to hate Enda Kenny:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Enda to get dropped into the stage to confirm 5 nights

Blazer wrote: »
    rumours that the concerts are back on with 3 to be held in July and the remaining 2 after end of world tour.
    Apparently Enda will announce it shortly after his direct intervention to save the day.....

another fúckin reason to hate Enda Kenny:mad:

ENDA will announce it!? Didn't know he was an events promoter, I thought he was meant to run the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Indo.ie girl up now - she has travelled especially for the conference

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Can anyone give a tl;dr summary of the garth brooks stream for someone that's at work and stuck with internet explorer 7?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Groveling sh'te from the indo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Cienciano wrote: »
    Can anyone give a tl;dr summary of the garth brooks stream for someone that's at work and stuck with internet explorer 7?

A load of BOLLOX.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭fta93

All of this just makes a mockery of those who say he's not in it for the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

We're such an embarrassment.

This is a soap opera that keeps on giving.

Kinda warm and yellow.

How about just accepting that a decision was made and move on? Don't see why it's Enda's problem.
    Because this is ireland and parish pump politics are how things are done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

When 400,000 people in a country of 4million are passionate about an issue, and add their families to that, then I think it is the epitome of a democracy for the prime minister to get involved. That's what a democracy is all about and it's heartening to see it work properly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

ENDA will announce it!? Didn't know he was an events promoter, I thought he was meant to run the country.

He's the Prime Minister of Limerick.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A load of BOLLOX.
    On the cringe meter, how bad was it (between 1-10)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭jellyboy

ego+burger+nashville+indo+crawling+music(loosely termed)=embarrsment

1. I will write more music.
    2. Let's talk about Ireland.
    3. I'll pretend to care about Limerick now.
    4. All I care about is that people have fun, lol jk I want money.
    5. Time to put pressure on the Taoiseach to sort out this pile of ****.
    6. "Have we talked about Ireland?" lololololol.

There ya go buddy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Wouldn't it be really nice if our politicians and city residents could get as exercised and committed to find a solution to real issues in the capital , like the visible homeless and the drug dealing on the streets of Dublin instead of jumping on the populist Garth Brooks bandwagon ! Really says a lot about our priorities !
    So now, it appears that Brooks may be coming here after all, on his terms, to lavish his brand of schmaltz on his adoring fans for the handsome purse of five concerts, the hoteliers and pubs etc will dust off their rip off rates for a room and a pint and the local politicos will bask in the dubious credit of resolving this impasse! Everyone's happy ! Well it is the silly season after all !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Glebee wrote: »
    Enda to get dropped into the stage to confirm 5 nights

I'm assuming without a parachute, but can you confirm the height we're dropping him from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Yeah, time to let it go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I'm out of country at the moment.

The level of exposure that the media in Ireland is covering over something like this seems excessive. So too does the government involvement. And that involvement will probably be about as effective as the government's role in the banking crisis and inquiries.

****ing hell. Brooks could have still played 3 concerts. If he wants to throw all his toys out of the pram let him. And the residents have rights. Either scale back the One Direction concerts to make way for Brooks or just get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

RTÉ News ‏@rtenews 3m
    Garth Brooks has said “I’m the real loser in this” in reference to the five cancelled concerts

Tell me he didn't say that.

Piliger wrote: »
    When 400,000 people in a country of 4million are passionate about an issue, and add their families to that, then I think it is the epitome of a democracy for the prime minister to get involved. That's what a democracy is all about and it's heartening to see it work properly.

.....cringe..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

On the cringe meter, how bad was it (between 1-10)?

Off the metre. They havent invented a scale that could rate the cringeyness of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CapricornOne

Garth Brooks has said “I’m the real loser in this” in reference to the five cancelled concerts

Tell me he didn't say that.

He did indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A load of BOLLOX.

A lot of me hoop actually. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I'm assuming without a parachute, but can you confirm the height we're dropping him from?

About the same height from which he is ****ting all over planning regulation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement