Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Piliger wrote: »
    When 400,000 people in a country of 4million are passionate about an issue, and add their families to that, then I think it is the epitome of a democracy for the prime minister to get involved. That's what a democracy is all about and it's heartening to see it work properly.

If the government are supposed to change the law just to suit this nonsense it makes a joke of having laws in the first place.

It's dealt with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

After listening to that, my blood is boiling.
    If the politicians allow that bellend to steam roll this country after the stament he just made abouts us...........I can't even finish that statement for fear of a knock on the door from the guards :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Ha Ha, the MC's got p1ssed off with the Paddy's, handed back to the US journos

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

This is great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CapricornOne

curioser wrote: »
    Ha Ha, the MC's got p1ssed off with the Paddy's, handed back to the US journos

Because nobody else gives a sh!t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

When 400,000 people in a country of 4million are passionate about an issue, and add their families to that, then I think it is the epitome of a democracy for the prime minister to get involved. That's what a democracy is all about and it's heartening to see it work properly.

Who says 400,000 are 'passionate' about the issue?

People booked a gig, not a religious event. You couldn't write the bull**** suppositions people are making here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

RTÉ News ‏@rtenews 3m
    Garth Brooks has said “I’m the real loser in this” in reference to the five cancelled concerts

Tell me he didn't say that.

Of course he is!!! Think of all that money!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Cienciano wrote: »
    On the cringe meter, how bad was it (between 1-10)?

No cringe-ometer in existance could adequately reflect the level of cringe induced...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Pity they didn't feel the same way when the Government were been told how to run the country by europe.
    So is the messiah :rolleyes: coming to do the concerts or what?Bloody farcical at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How could anyone still want him to see him play after all the absolute sh1te he's spouted over the last week?

I think I'll buy a ticket off a tout for the laugh just to see what all the fuss was about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

How could anyone still want him to see him play after all the absolute sh1te he's spouted over the last week?

But,but,but what avout the 70 gazillion euro for the local economy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I would have been hoping that one of them would have had the balls to ask him "why did you, of your own volition cancel three gigs that Irish people had bought tickets for? Do you realise that these people had booked hotels and transport and will be out of pocket for this? "

A few hard questions ffs, enough of his oul sanctimonious guff and playing the victim...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

He's spot on:

The system is flawed. You don't sell people 160,000 tickets and then cancel them.

He says he is willing to do whatever he has to in order to make the gigs happen.

Fair play to him. At least someone gives a fcuk about the 160,000 ticket holders.

I don't remember Bertie doing anything when the Shadows Fall gig I had bought a ticket to was cancelled.

I would have been hoping that one of them would have had the balls to ask him "why did you, of your own volition cancel three gigs that Irish people had bought tickets for? Do you realise that these people had booked hotels and transport and will be out of pocket for this? "

A few hard questions ffs, enough of his oul sanctimonious guff and playing the victim...

You really think they didn't know the questions beforehand? :p

Just heard a little bit in the car. That first RTE reporter was trying to get herself so far up his arse. Please tell there are some reporters that are not as one sided as her.

Ps: I'm not an Irish citizen who is embarrased by this. She ain't talking for me! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

Why would he apologise, there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of people who agree with him (basing that on the fact loads of people not going really think the concerts should go ahead).

If these gigs go ahead its bloody brilliant, people power at its finest and has restored my faith in politicians being able to get things done!

The political leader of an entire nation dragging the highest office in the land into a cancelled concert dispute? Pathetic and embarrassing. Could you see Obama calling Cry before dawn to iron things out if their gigs on Clevland got cancelled? No, he's more respect for the office and public.
    Ireland is being shown to be a joke. Show a bag with a dollar sign on it and you can do what you like. Go on Enda polish his cowboy boots so a few gigs can take place.
    People power is having politicians bring in regulations agreed upon democratically with the tax paying public, not making them up as you go for a few bob so the GAA can still not pay it's players.

• Advertisement

He's spot on:

The system is flawed. You don't sell people 160,000 tickets and then cancel them.

He says he is willing to do whatever he has to in order to make the gigs happen.

Fair play to him. At least someone gives a fcuk about the 160,000 ticket holders.

The fact you can't see through his bullshít is worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Go to redneck good old boy territory and and ask hard questions! Why not ask for their support for gay marriage while you're at it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

They get involved because its good publicity.

You don't see the government politicians throwing their hat into the Medical Card debacle.

Or the Irish Water privatization debacle.

Or the Banking crisis and bailout debacles.

OR any of the other myriad ****ing debacles that don't look good.

ALL of these things matter to a lot more than 400,000 people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

He's spot on:

For me it's all or none.

He cares alright.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0710/629717-garth-brooks/

"Garth Brooks has said that he would be more than happy to meet Taoiseach Enda Kenny about the ongoing concert controversy.

He said that everyone must be treated equally at a Garth Brooks show.

Speaking at a press conference in Nashville this evening, he said that they do not do "golden tickets" so people are treated fairly, "so why am I going to treat 160,000 people differently"."

Just when you think this ego-maniacal cowboy can't get any worse......I think even Lance Armstrong would look at that and say 'chill out there Garth'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭recyclops

he has confirmed irish stage is completely different to the irish stage as thats a one off event

well thats cleared up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,337 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Meh. Maybe...maybe not but did Garth actually ask for the Taoiseach to ring him?

Fook that...who does he think he is?

I had no opinions on the guy either way before that but that is egotism at his best. He cancels three gigs and sounds like he'll only reconsider if the leader of the country asks him. That's an ego and a half. Cowboy in all senses of the word

As for the embarrassing prospect of contacting Obama :rolleyes:

GB doesn't strike me as your stereotypical Democrat voter or Obama supporter

The fact you can't see through his bullshít is worrying.

Worrying? It's downright terrifying. You wouldn't see blind loyality like that in a cult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

I would have been hoping that one of them would have had the balls to ask him "why did you, of your own volition cancel three gigs that Irish people had bought tickets for? Do you realise that these people had booked hotels and transport and will be out of pocket for this? A few hard questions ffs, enough of his oul sanctimonious guff and playing the victim...

That question was all but put to him..

He did not want to play for the 240,000 and say tough crap to the 160,000.

He wants to play concerts for ALL the 400,000!!!

What is it about that that people are not getting.. and he also said is willing to whatever it takes in order to make that happen.

• Advertisement

What is it about that that people are not getting and he is willing to whatever it takes in order to make that happen.

Yeah, he's so eager to play for 400,000 Irish people that he's going to play for none of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement