Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Captain Scarlet

ebbsy wrote: »
    Would people hide in the jacks and then watch the evening show ?

I have a solution! GB agrees to do three nights. Then he hides in the jacks, pops out on the fourth night, does another show, goes back to the jacks....

Oh no wait....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yes. All of those and more. Hotels are booked out across Leinster for that week, as are minibuses and taxis. Taxis and public transport would have been in massive demand. Shops in the city would have sold massive amounts of extra stock. The GAA would have gotten a nice income. All the employees required for the event, both private and public, would have gotten an extra weeks pay. The countries tourist reputation would have been boosted.

Why is it people like you object to anyone who makes a profit in this country? Are companies to be spit on for making money and employing people?

Of course it's their right to object. It doesn't mean their objection should have affected anything.

Funny, all that not happening because Garth Brooks ego is to big and he won't do the 3 nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The out of his depth lord mayor completely contradicting himself.

We want to respect the decision made by Dublin City Council, while at the same time completely subverting it..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

ThisRegard wrote: »
    If you listened to what he was saying you'll have heard that they were getting nothing in terms of an enforceable agreement in relation to future events to prevent this nonsense happening again.

That's the something they're looking for.

Yes he did say that but that doesnt take awzy from the fact he mentioned they wernt getting cash at least 4 times

Selective hearing

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭caddy16

phillo65 wrote: »
    This has gone beyond pathetic.I am now emmbaressed to be Irish.Debates in the Dail,Dublin mayor involved,calls on Obama to get involved,the Mexican Ambassador.If they put as much effort into the real problems in the country we might be in a better state.

The only thing to be embarrassed about is our education system........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I find myself hiding behind the couch and curtains with each set news reports and radio story on the whole farce.

It's like with each new story they are trying to outdo each other in terms of stupidness.

Today however reached an all time low. White House contacted, Mexican ambassador offering assistance. And then the DCC propose this.

Cringe worthy of the highest possible order. Thank fcuk I'm going on holidays next week because this bull$hit is going to rumble on.

Why in the name of Garth would you hide behind the curtains man, you're letting this saga rule your life. Surely you have a life outside what's happening in the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

Was it for this the wild geese spread
    The grey wing upon every tide;
    For this that all that blood was shed,
    For this Edward Fitzgerald died,
    And Robert Emmet and Wolfe Tone,
    All that delirium of the brave?
    Romantic Ireland's dead and gone,
    It's with O'Leary in the grave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Yes. All of those and more. Hotels are booked out across Leinster for that week, as are minibuses and taxis. Taxis and public transport would have been in massive demand. Shops in the city would have sold massive amounts of extra stock. The GAA would have gotten a nice income. All the employees required for the event, both private and public, would have gotten an extra weeks pay. The countries tourist reputation would have been boosted.

Why is it people like you object to anyone who makes a profit in this country? Are companies to be spit on for making money and employing people?
    I don't object and don't be melodramatic, I am in business myself.
    The reason these businesses are now counting their losses iss because somebody made a decision to bully their way to 5 nights.
    3 nights would have been a huge bonanza but Brooks won't do 3. Nothing anybody can do, in fairness.

Of course it's their right to object. It doesn't mean their objection should have affected anything.

their objections haven't been listened to many times...finally they have won a victory. I have nothing but admiration for them. Well done I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Show your support for Garth by wearing one of these sh1t-kickin shirts available now in your local General Store in the gingum and chewing tobacco ailse!!

YOdzNi6.png

VTSCC2p.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Show your support for Garth by wearing one of these sh1t-kickin shirts available now in your local General Store in the gingum and chewing tobacco ailse!!

YOdzNi6.png

VTSCC2p.png

God thats cringe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

Rasheed wrote: »
    Told ya, it's Nathan Carter

Even more cringey than Brooks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Snap, i thought of this poem today whilst pondering this great tragedy of our times...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 phillo65

caddy16 wrote: »
    The only thing to be embarrassed about is our education system........

I don't get your drift.Are you having a go at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Specialun wrote: »
    God thats cringe

Ummm... They're not real you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Why in the name of Garth would you hide behind the curtains man, you're letting this saga rule your life. Surely you have a life outside what's happening in the news.

This is definitely going to be my new saying.

Garth's just added this to his set list.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

On the plus side, at least we'll be able to get taxis, travel around the city without disruption and not have to see a single stetson or line dancer! Every cloud has a silver lining!

kenmc wrote: »
    On the plus side, at least we'll be able to get taxis, travel around the city without disruption and not have to see a single stetson or line dancer! Every cloud has a silver lining!

Nor have we given in to another American who thinks our laws and regulations count for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Why do world tours always start in Ireland... there's a commercial reason... I just can't think of what it was, it's pissing me off..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

myshirt wrote: »
    Why do world tours always start in Ireland... there's a commercial reason... I just can't think of what it was, it's pissing me off..

Alphabetical order - they always call us AAAAARLUND, don't they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Nor have we given in to another American who thinks our laws and regulations count for nothing.

When our laws and regulations seem so arbitrary and nonsensical it's not surprising that others don't treat them with a whole lot of respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Yet!

Or Michael Martin suggesting in the Dail that we basically bypass the planning laws.Wonder where he got that idea from.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

myshirt wrote: »

bet you it's got something to do with tax and "headquarters"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

This is an absolute joke to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Can we just close the thread now? This won't be beaten :D :pac:

This is an absolute joke to be honest

You are totally correct,but jokes are funny,this is embarressing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

D'ya know, I could almost stand the apathy of Irish people in general about a lot of important things (economy, politics, the church, etc.) that is wrong with this country if it wasn't for the fact that we then collectively lose our sh!t over something as mind-bogglingly trivial as a concert!
    I've actually put my head in my hands countless times over the last while reading the stories about it. And each time I think "It can't possibly get any more embarrassing", someone then proves me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I wouldn't be surprised if the government promise to put Garth Brooks head on the 20 euro note if he does the matinees.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

So, what's his reason for not doing the five concerts in three days?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement