Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Gergiev

Smidge wrote: »
    Its amazing how many people have tickets for more than one night, I know a few myself.

Yeah, I was surprised to hear it myself.

Kinda makes sense now though, going by feedback...I know we have a few hard-liners on this thread but I'm also surprised that most people nationally seem to be taking the let-down with good grace.

It's the media and vested interests that seem to be piling on the pressure.

Like everything else in this society though, it's those that shout loudest that have to be addressed and appeased, apparently.

Also, from my perusal of here and a few other discussion boards, the sentiment seems to be running at least 2 to 1 in favour of letting the system work and not interfere and pull a stroke to accommodate the original 5 shows, in that form...

Not because people want the ticket-holders let down on Monday and Tuesday - although a small minority do! - but because many are sick and tired of the stroke-pulling, croneyism and political fixing that has bedevilled this country for so long, and just want the system to be independent of manipulation and insider influence, whatever the merits of Keegan's decision.

What do yiz all think?

Is the above fair comment or not??

Yeee O'Haaa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

Sick of talking about this bloody mess, but good grief, people still nonsensically getting stuck into Garth Brooks here, as if he is in any way responsible for this mess.

Garth Brooks is pretty much like many other middle age performers which have had a lot of success: Big ego, control freak, a little too fond of his own voice etc, but why anyone would want to lay blame at his door for this fiasco, baffles me. I can understand people blaming Aiken, but Garth Brooks is just a performer who agreed to do some concerts and got excited and caught up in it the whole thing, as he felt it was perfect for launching his comeback. No sin in that. At the end of the day, all he wanted to do was play five concerts, put on a good show, sell it in the form of a documentary and perhaps release it on DVD. He shouldn't for one second have to deal with all the crap which he has. No matter what you think of him as a person, or a singer.. it makes no odds, as none of this is of his making. Had there been no planning issues here, Brooks would have just have come, performed his gigs without too much fuss, like last time and then been on his merry way. The only reason he is involved in this turmoil is because OTHER people fcuked up and also because our system is largely flawed. The only real surprise is that it hasn't happen before and so please, for the love of God, quit this bloddy witch hunt. Garth Brooks is not the problem here. WE are.

For those of you who are saying things like:

Fair play to the DCC. They stood up to Brooks. About time the little guy won etc etc

What in the name of God are you all talking about? Seriously.

The DCC have done NOTHING right here. Not one thing. They are an embarrassment. From the very start they have made a pig's ear out of dealing with the situation. I see that people are still saying that the DCC made it clear to Aiken and the GAA from the very start that they had issues with the licences and so Aiken should not have applied for them. Well, if that's true. If they were making it clear to them all along, then why did it take almost three months for Keegan to phone Aiken after he received the licence applications? Why wait until three weeks before the concerts are to take place? The DCC knew that 400,000 tickets were sold. They also knew the residents were threatening legal action. So why, with all that going on in the background, did they not feel the need to move a little faster on things? Three months is a long bloody time to sit looking at licence applications, for concerts which 400,000 tickets have been sold for, and not think that perhaps Aiken should know a little sooner than three weeks before the concerts are to take place. A ten year old child wouldn't be so fcuking stupid

I've also noticed quite a few comments stating that Aiken should have applied for the licences earlier than he did and this is the biggest joke of all. I'm actually amazed how early he did apply in fact. It shows just how hard he and the Brooks production team must have worked in Jan / Feb to get the licence applications in as fast as they did. The amount of information about the production that needs to be included in licence applications is astounding. There can be dozens of meetings before applying for a licence, for even a small event and so I can only imagine how much work went into applying for licenses for shows of this scale. I make these points for two reasons: 1) to show that is ludicrous it is to suggest Aiken should have applied sooner than he did and 2) to give some idea of just how discussions between the DCC and Aiken would have been very detailed and very intricate. If the DCC at any point gave indications that they might not grant some of the licences, then it would have been a big deal. It's not something that would been said and missed by all concerned. Suggesting something of that nature, would have silenced a room.

July 2nd: (three months after the licence applications have been made) Keegan decides to phone Aiken. They offer the three licences but Brooks says because he has sold tickets for five concerts, he wants to play five concerts, and makes it known that he doesn't feel it's fair on the fans to cancel two shows at that late stage. Keegan phones them back ten minutes later and says if Brooks "guarantees" to play four concerts, they will put it to the planners.. BUT ONLY if he"guarantees" to do them. If he doesn't do that, then they won't put bother even asking the planners to look at the option of four. This to me is the most absurd part of all. Why should it be a condition for Brooks to "guarantee" he would do four, in order for it would be put to the planners and anyway, why wasn't the five put to the planners to begin with, then four would have been put to them by default. Why also, did we only hear of this offer from Aiken and not the DCC.

If I was Brooks, after been treating like this, I would have told us to go to fcuk ourselves by now tbh. We are a bloody joke in this country and instead of holding our hands up and saying that our system is seriously flawed, where resident agreements can potentially be ignored, almost half a million tickets get sold for concerts which are not licenced, and which may not even get one.. we instead just blame the performer for not bending as far as we would like like him to bend and also for being greedy. For not really wanting to play here at all. For lying. For being disingenuous. Yeah, it's all Brook's fault. How dare he want to play concerts for five nights and film them. How dare he pretend to be fond of this country to the degree that he does. It has to be bull. How dare he complain that 160,000 people are having their tickets refunded for concerts due to take place in three weeks. Tickets which they have held for five months. How dare he suggest we shouldn't be treating our own people so poorly. Greed. Yeah, he's just greedy. Greedy Girth Brooks, ha ha ha.. blah blah bloody blah.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CapricornOne

blah blah blah fcuking blah.

TL;DR

An emergency meeting and 5 shows in 3 days is what they come up with??

160,000 people around Croke Park during the day on a Saturday and Sunday.

I'd love to know who proposed this, probably the same person who thought they should contact the White House.

It makes absolutely no sense and in my eyes I don't believe there was ever a will to have these 5 concerts if that is what they are proposing.

Seems to have come from Peter Aiken.

Which is feasible as he alluded to making many proposals to DCC including matinees a few days ago, to break the impasse.

But it's the first evidence of a divergence between Aiken and Brooks' approach to all this, which is interesting in itself...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Smidge wrote: »
    It'll be custard creams or nothing for the likes of you. Far from chocolate digestives you were raised :mad::P

Custard creams will do nicely.

Is it lyons tea though ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

On the news here tonight ......... about the world tour etc ......... not a mention of Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

@Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

You cannot appoint somebody as an independent planning official and then seek to take that independence away the first time you don't get your way.

In all of your pro-Brooks rant you haven't given one credible reason why the DCC would turn down 2 licences. You are big on analyzing Brooks and Aiken but WHY would the DCC do what they did? They have been licencing gigs for many year without problems.
    And Brooks and Brooks alone has effectively told 400,000 to FO depending on how you want to look at it. He can come and play 3 nights and 2 matinees if he wishes.
    Far as I can see the DCC is aware and has been aware of the personal harm this is doing to people and has tried to accommodate while having to also consider the impact on residents and the law of the land.
    Brooks has said NO to every initiative.
    And an awful lot of his supporters with ticket on here now just want their money back, the tide is turning against him.
    We all have to compromise in this life, the DCC reached a compromise between the residents and the promoters, 3 out of 5 gigs....Brooks is in some elevated place where he thinks he doesn't have to. At this stage it is my opinion he should stay there now( and I had no objection to him playing 3 nights)
    It is he and he alone who has made a mess here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I think it's time Garth called some of his friends in low places.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Captain Scarlet

Gergiev wrote: »
    Yes, and funny enough it has a bearing on what we're going though (sic) at the moment.

It was one of the first 'open-air festivals' (even if not really) of its kind in Ireland, after Macroom and a few more in the 70s.

Then the late Derek Nally ran an event at Punchestown in 1982 that was effectively squashed by the Rolling Stones being subsequently booked for Slane the following week.

But my point is that while these events were common place all over Europe in the 60s and 70s, conservative Ireland did its level best to resist the obvious evils that would flow from allowing young people to congregate in large crowds until the 80s.

(It never used to amaze me to see the same politicos that strove to protect the morals and good reputation of the country at the time, staggering around the hotels of Galway during race week, full to the gills in the early hours, basking in the hospitality of some developer hanger-on or other, while trying to grope some 'young filly' (racing parlance, doncha know) or get off with the wife of one of their colleagues who had already passed-out from drink, but that's another story).

As a consequence, the establishment of the time had more interest in discouraging 'this kind of thing', and any law that was passed was just an addendum to the ultra-complex and opaque planning system.

Which situation still exists, the last addition being that bit that Bertie produced to allow U2 play their second show at Slane in 2001, if you recall.

Even better crack than the Rats in Leixlip were the Carnsore Point Anti-Nuclear Festivals. I missed the 1978 one, being only 16, but the second, in 1979 ("Back to the Point") was a gas. The Atrix headlined. The Hare Krishnas had a great food-tent. I can´t remember much else. I didn´t go home to get my Leaving Cert results because it was too much fun in Carnsore. (Younger Boarders - in the old days, the leaving cert was just a poxy exam, not headline news). I have no idea if there were any planning laws involved in holding a festival or concert in those days, probably not. All very civilised, in an environmentally concerned, most people gently stoned out of their boxes kind of way. The Rolling Stones "Steel Wheels" tour played at Slane in 1982, that was a blast too. Sorry, where were we...Garth Brooks? Harmless stuff, I still don´t get it. Don´t really care anymore. Where´s me zimmer-frame and me slippers?

Can I also just mention that Brooks' press conference was the most patronizing load of bollocks I've ever heard.

In saying that I feel slightly sorry for him to have to deal with the under-handed political system in this country. Why the f*ck can't any legally binding agreement or decision be adhered to? Someone mentioned a verse from Septemer 1913 by WB Yeats. It's amazing that 100 years later, f*ck all has changed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Captain Scarlet

thelad95 wrote: »

Maybe the Mexican Ambassador has a few mates in the Sinaloa Cartel...watch out Ballybough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Custard creams will do nicely.

Is it lyons tea though ?

Of course its Lyons, That Barry's swill is only for the Garth fans :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Can I also just mention that Brooks' press conference was the most patronizing load of bollocks I've ever heard.

In saying that I feel slightly sorry for him to have to deal with the under-handed political system in this country. Why the f*ck can't any legally binding agreement or decision be adhered to? Someone mentioned a verse from Septemer 1913 by WB Yeats. It's amazing that 100 years later, f*ck all has changed.

Don't mind Yeats, he was nothing but a dry aul shíte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I didnt know he had rang Enda already? :D

What was 'underhanded' about the licencing? The process is entirely transparent and the judgement.
    Brooks is refusing to accept the outcome of that, therefore 400,000 are missing out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

DCC isn't fit for purpose

its a city they are suppose to be running not pigeons fanciers mutual appreciation society with solicitor in tow

Long before now they should have realised 400,000 fans and 50 million of business wants this to happen.
    Dublin City needs this type of business and more of it.
    The country needs this business.

Couple hundred local residents seeking to put the squeeze on GAA should be put into perspective.

DCC needs to cut through their own red tape and get on with doing business and start making things happen. Rather than dream up reasons why thinks can't.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    What was 'underhanded' about the licencing? The process is entirely transparent and the judgement.
    Brooks is refusing to accept the outcome of that, therefore 400,000 are missing out.

I'm talking about the agreement with residents that no more than 3 concerts can be held in Croke Park in a year.

Sick of this bloody mess, but good grief, people still nonsensically getting stuck into Garth Brooks, as if he is in any way responsible for this mess.
    :pac:
    Garth Brooks is pretty much like many other middle age performers which have had a lot of success. Big egos, control freaks, a little too fond of their own voices etc, but why anyone would want to lay blame at Brook's door for this fiasco baffles me. I can understand people blaming Aiken, but Garth Brooks is just a performer, who agreed to do some concerts and got excited and caught up in it, as he felt it was perfect for launching his comeback. No sin in that. All he wanted to do was play five concerts, put on a good show, sell it in the form of a documentary and perhaps release it on DVD. He shouldn't for one second have to deal with the crap which he has. No matter what you think of him as a person, or a singer, it makes no odds, as none of this is of his making. Had there been no planning issues here, Brooks would have just have come here, performed his gigs, just like last time and then been on his way. The only reason he is involved in this turmoil is because OTHER people fcuked up and because our system is flawed. The only real surpise is that didn't happen before and so please quit this witch hunt. Garth Brooks is not the problem here. WE are.

Way to give yourself an inferiority and blame complex there. DID DCC not grant permission for 3, and then 4 of the concerts ?

They are not the ones that refused to play. Your hero is. I fear for your sanity if you seriously believe that the people of Ireland, or Dublin, or Drumcondra are to blame for the current clusterfcuk. Brooks and Aitken got greedy and pushed the envelope with the 5 night run. DCC pushed back, Brooks got the sh!ts and spun it back to DCC as being for his love of the fans.
    Spare your guilt and shame, it's okay, its not your fault. accept the fact that Garth Brooks is a bit of an ar$ehole, and suddenly the entire situation makes sense.

The DCC have done NOTHING right. Not one thing. They are an embarrassment. From the very start they have made a pig's ear out of dealing with the situation. I see that people on the thread are still saying that the DCC made it clear to Aiken and the GAA from the very start that they had issues with the licences and so then Aiken should not have applied for them. Well, if that's true. If they were making it clear to them all along, then why did it take almost three months for the Keegan to phone Aiken after the they received the licence applications? Why wait until three weeks before the concerts? The DCC knew that 400,000 tickets were sold. They knew the residents were threatening legal action. So why, with all that going on in the background, did they not feel the need to move a little faster on things. Three months is a long bloody time to sit looking at licence applications for concerts which 400,000 tickets have been sold for and not think that perhaps Aiken should maybe know a little sooner that three weeks before the concerts are due to take place. A ten year old child wouldn't be so fcuking stupid
    Perhaps Aitken and Brooks shouldn't have been so presumptive as to sell 400,000 tickets illegally for an event that didn't exist, perhaps DCC are actually taking a stand on this because they are sick to their holes of the entire situation around Croker being used as a venue, and want to teach promoters to obey the protocol that every other business in the country has to.
    Or, maybe, like every other civil service department in the country, they are under budgetary constraints, are under-resourced, have morale issues, and as a result it actually took that long for the applications to get to the top of the pile and get processed. If you know how much documentation is required for an application, please enlighten me, but I'm quite sure its not as simple as a tick and flick application.
    I've also noticed quite a few comments stating that Aiken should have applied for the licences earlier than he did and this is the biggest joke of all. I'm actually amazed how early he did apply in fact. It shows just how hard he and the Brooks production team must have worked in Jan / Feb to get the licence applications in as fast as they did to be honest. As the amount of information about the production that needs to be included in licence applications is astounding. There can be dozens of meetings when applying for a licence for even a small event and so I can only imagine how much work went into applying for the licenses for these concerts. I make these points for two reasons: 1) to show that is ludicrous to suggest Aiken should have applied sooner and 2) just how discussions between the DCC and Aiken would have been very detailed and intricate. If the DCC at any point gave indications that they might not grant some of the licences, then it would have been a big deal. It's not something that would be said and missed all concerned. Suggesting something of that nature would have silenced a room.
    If you have some information on the above that you'd like to share, again please do,as I would love to know just how many times they had meetings with DCC about it
    July 2nd: (three months after the licence applications have been made) Keegan decides to phone Aiken. They offer the three licences but Brooks says because he has sold tickets for five concerts, he wants to play five concerts, as he doesn't feel it's fair to cancel two of them. Keegan phones them back ten minutes later and says if Brooks "guarantees" to play four concerts, they will put it to the planners.. BUT ONLY if he "guarantees" to do them. This to me is the most absurd part of all. Why should it be a condition for Brooks to "guarantee" he would do four, just so it would be put to the planners and anyway, why wasn't the five put to the planners.
    There is no precedent for 5 days in a row, there is no precedent for 5 gigs in a year, it was wildly irre****ingsponsible to sell tickets for 5 gigs, they see that in hindsight, but won't put their hands up and apologise to the fans, so they in effect say fcuk the lot of ye, pin on the council and walk away. Everything else in that paragraph is fantasy.
    If I was him, I would have told us to go to fcuk ourselves by now.
    I really wish this would happen.

We are a bloody joke in this country and instead of holding our hands up and saying that our system is seriously flawed, where resident agreements can potentially be ignored, almost half a million tickets get sold for concerts which are not yet licenced, and which may not even get one.. we just blame the performer instead, for not bending the way we would like him to bend. For being greedy. For not really wanting to play here at all. For lying. For being disingenuous. It's all his fault after all. How dare he want to play concerts and film them. How dare he pretend to be fond of this country. How dare he complain that 160,000 people are having their tickets refunded for concerts that are due to take place in three weeks. Tickets which they have held for five months. How dare he suggest we shouldn't be treating people so poorly. Greed. Yeah, he's just greedy, greedy Girth Brooks, ha ha ha.. blah blah blah fcuking blah.

:D chill out. :rolleyes: its a concert, not life or death.

And for what it's worth, DCC didn't sell those tickets. that is the core of the issue. Aitken and Brooks jumped the gun.

Could be good name for a song. I'm looking at you Christy Moore, how about a blast of "Jumping the Gun", at least then everyone will see the funny side of it in ten days time when everyone gets down off their pretend horses and finds a better way to spend 5 days and 85 bucks.

rubadub wrote: »

U2 getting 3 nights granted as a big deal, it brought the number of concerts to 4 that year which was unprecedented. These bizarre chancers went for double that, WTF were they thinking?

http://www.atu2.com/news/local-fury-over-u2-ticket-sales.html

Yes, and part of the solution to that was that Croke Park would stick to the agreed limit for future years.

And we know where this has ended up.

Bad faith all round...

I'm talking about the agreement with residents that no more than 3 concerts can be held in Croke Park in a year.

The agreement is that they can have 3 concerts and if they want more then they need to apply for a licence...they did and got 3 out of 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

TL;DR
    TS;DR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

This.

Even better crack than the Rats in Leixlip were the Carnsore Point Anti-Nuclear Festivals. I missed the 1978 one, being only 16, but the second, in 1979 ("Back to the Point") was a gas. The Atrix headlined. The Hare Krishnas had a great food-tent. I can´t remember much else. I didn´t go home to get my Leaving Cert results because it was too much fun in Carnsore. (Younger Boarders - in the old days, the leaving cert was just a poxy exam, not headline news). I have no idea if there were any planning laws involved in holding a festival or concert in those days, probably not. All very civilised, in an environmentally concerned, most people gently stoned out of their boxes kind of way. The Rolling Stones "Steel Wheels" tour played at Slane in 1982, that was a blast too. Sorry, where were we...Garth Brooks? Harmless stuff, I still don´t get it. Don´t really care anymore. Where´s me zimmer-frame and me slippers?

Real blast of nostalgia there, good captain!

Enjoyed your Ba’ath Gooks interview with Al Jazeera, today.

Heard you guys rocked the anti-nuclear gig in Iran, last week?!!

:pac:

Way to give yourself an inferiority and blame complex there. DID DCC not grant permission for 3, and then 4 of the concerts ?

They are not the ones that refused to play. Your hero is. I fear for your sanity if you seriously believe that the people of Ireland, or Dublin, or Drumcondra are to blame for the current clusterfcuk. Brooks and Aitken got greedy and pushed the envelope with the 5 night run. DCC pushed back, Brooks got the sh!ts and spun it back to DCC as being for his love of the fans.
    Spare your guilt and shame, it's okay, its not your fault. accept the fact that Garth Brooks is a bit of an ar$ehole, and suddenly the entire situation makes sense.

Perhaps Aitken and Brooks shouldn't have been so presumptive as to sell 400,000 tickets illegally for an event that didn't exist, perhaps DCC are actually taking a stand on this because they are sick to their holes of the entire situation around Croker being used as a venue, and want to teach promoters to obey the protocol that every other business in the country has to.
    Or, maybe, like every other civil service department in the country, they are under budgetary constraints, are under-resourced, have morale issues, and as a result it actually took that long for the applications to get to the top of the pile and get processed. If you know how much documentation is required for an application, please enlighten me, but I'm quite sure its not as simple as a tick and flick application.

If you have some information on the above that you'd like to share, again please do,as I would love to know just how many times they had meetings with DCC about it

There is no precedent for 5 days in a row, there is no precedent for 5 gigs in a year, it was wildly irre****ingsponsible to sell tickets for 5 gigs, they see that in hindsight, but won't put their hands up and apologise to the fans, so they in effect say fcuk the lot of ye, pin on the council and walk away. Everything else in that paragraph is fantasy.

I really wish this would happen.

And for what it's worth, DCC didn't sell those tickets. that is the core of the issue. Aitken and Brooks jumped the gun.

Could be good name for a song. I'm looking at you Christy Moore, how about a blast of "Jumping the Gun", at least then everyone will see the funny side of it in ten days time when everyone gets down off their pretend horses and finds a better way to spend 5 days and 85 bucks.

My suggestion to those stuck with nonrefundable rooms(they will get their ticket money back) is to spend the night before looking at news from the real world, like Gaza or Syria and then go off for a nice hotel break and count your blessings. Maybe donate 20 yo yos from the ticket price to a good cause for a feel good boost if you are overwhelmed with grief for the broken hearted one. :cool:

Neeson wrote: »
    Didn't Aiken say on camera earlier this week how Garth wants this sorted. Matinees whatever... He'd do anything.

Then this evening. Garth says matinees are half assed?

So now Garth just wants the 5 singles. No compromise.

Yep, you got it exactly right, that's what PA said.

Think the pressure may be getting to Peter Aiken.

Left to his own devices he pulled the shows a few days ago but now every vested interest (government, opposition, business, etc) is lobbying to get it back on.

And he's the meat in the sandwich between all parties, including Brooks.

Which is why I'm guessing he felt obliged to find another way and revisited the matinee idea...

visual wrote: »
    DCC isn't fit for purpose

DCC needs to cut through their own red tape and get on with doing business and start making things happen. Rather than dream up reasons why thinks can't.

Yeah cutting corners and breaking regulations has worked out real well for them in the past, and our courts don't have enough sh1te do deal with without DCC -vs- 400,000 Deluded Honky-Tonk fans.

Chancers need to stop selling land at low tide. and lots of people need to stop buying it and whinging when they get wet

Rasheed wrote: »
    And will someone think of poor Nathan Carter? The bulk of the 400,000 are most likely for him, with his sexy little head.

160,000 as he's only down for the Monday and Tuesday.

So he was out of business, either way.

Which is a pity for him as it was a great break for a youngster to get...

Why is it people like you object to anyone who makes a profit in this country? Are companies to be spit on for making money and employing people?

A lot of money to be made on those licensed 3 nights.

The finger points at Brooks on that score...

Was it for this the wild geese spread
    The grey wing upon every tide;
    For this that all that blood was shed,
    For this Edward Fitzgerald died,
    And Robert Emmet and Wolfe Tone,
    All that delirium of the brave?
    Romantic Ireland's dead and gone,
    It's with O'Leary in the grave.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" might be more appropriate...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

Yeah cutting corners and breaking regulations has worked out real well for them in the past, and our courts don't have enough sh1te do deal with without DCC -vs- 400,000 Deluded Honky-Tonk fans.

Chancers need to stop selling land at low tide. and lots of people need to stop buying it and whinging when they get wet

Like that saying about low tide.

However I don't agree about made up laws and half baked agreements.

We all know DCC can do two things either grant licences for 5 nights or mess about trying to save face for poor decision with more unworkable compromises.

GB is playing the PR game well and even dragging poor Enda into it. DCC need a culling as they lost sight of their duity to all the people who live and work in dublin and not just those in the shadow of Croke Park

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement