Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Yesterday I'd have said yes, now its looking like a big fat no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

is a big fat no more conclusive that just a regular no

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Specialun wrote: »

Yeh, sure there is more weight to it then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Yeh, sure there is more weight to it then

And it's a lot harder to roll back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Specialun wrote: »

Yes because people kept calling Garth fat in this thread, so I felt it was better for it to be a big fat no as opposed to a standard no. :D Jebus I need a coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭userod

This whole farce is being used as a publicity stunt for Garths planned comeback tour at the expense of our legal process and political credibility. It is humiliating.

If people can't see that is what is happening then I am sorry. The concerts are not going to happen on the original agreement/timetable. Garth has no notion of doing the concerts in any other form. Therefore there is nothing left to argue.

Even the words/letters being used/published now are pure promotion/marketing "swim to Ireland", "faithful to the last second" or some other sh*t.

It is getting the attention of the worlds media. Free publicity. Probably worth more than all the original tickets when the whole stunt will help him sell out 60 nights on his big tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

NO

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

In an effort to cause minimum disruption to Croke Park residents all rounds, quarters, semis and final of the Hurling & Football championships will be played there on the same day in 2015!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

In an effort to cause minimum disruption to Croke Park residents all rounds, quarters, semis and final of the Hurling & Football championships will be played there on the same day in 2015!!

Give it a rest, the residents are not at fault here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

userod wrote: »
    This whole farce is being used as a publicity stunt for Garths planned comeback tour at the expense of our legal process and political credibility. It is humiliating.

If people can't see that is what is happening then I am sorry. The concerts are not going to happen on the original agreement/timetable. Garth has no notion of doing the concerts in any other form. Therefore there is nothing left to argue.

Even the words/letters being used/published now are pure promotion/marketing "swim to Ireland", "faithful to the last second" or some other sh*t.

It is getting the attention of the worlds media. Free publicity. Probably worth more than all the original tickets when the whole stunt will help him sell out 60 nights on his big tour.

Ive seen this said over and over..can anybody provide examples of this blanket coverage in the international news?

Nobody outside ireland or garth brooks gives a damn.

The real embaressment is the lord mayor of dublin jumping at any microphone to talk complete shyte on the subject.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Give it a rest, the residents are not at fault here.
    The ones with genuine objections that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I tried to listen to two of his songs today on spotify. I could only get through about 20 seconds of each before I had to turn them off I was cringing so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

The real embaressment is the lord mayor of dublin jumping at any microphone to talk complete shyte on the subject.

This ^
    There must be an election coming up or his wife has got tickets. The Mayor really should have some impartiality here but he keeps talking in this weird nebulous way about hope and nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

Rick ROll really? Grow up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

SweetChaos wrote: »
    Rick ROll really? Grow up

Reading the lyrics, it's actually quite apt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

So is Garth's World Tour Of Dublin happening or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

So is Garth's World Tour Of Dublin happening or not?

I think it has been answered already :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Damn RTE.

Damn the media.

I never liked his music, but due to saturation coverage in recent days I find myself humming some strange C&W type melodies. And my toe is tapping too. I need some proper music, and fast. Youtube & Daft Punk, here we go. Wish me luck.

z

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Imagine if we heard today that the source of the completely insane media frenzy over the last few days has been traced back to promotional bottles of moonshine or applejack sent by Garth Brooks to every Irish news source; They've all been pished drunk for the last 3 days and are only now waking up with massive hangovers, blearily trying to work out just what exactly they have been saying and doing all week.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

B0jangles wrote: »
    Imagine if we heard today that the source of the completely insane media frenzy over the last few days has been traced back to promotional bottles of moonshine or applejack sent by Garth Brooks to every Irish news source; They've all been pished drunk for the last 3 days and are only now waking up with massive hangovers, blearily trying to work out just what exactly they have been saying and doing all week.

:D

It would make more sense than a lot of stuff thats been posted on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/kenny-hints-at-potential-solution-to-garth-brooks-gigs-1.1862962

As of this morning, why instead of just saying what was proposed do they have to keep up with this guessing game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

TM have extra staff in , the refunds will commence on Tue next. They are not expecting any change as there is no chance of emergency legislation and no chance of GB changing his stance.

No change since last Friday, officially cancelled.

Might as well have the Lord Mayor of Birmingham speaking about it as having Christy Burke , they both have absolutely no power in this situation.

Going forward, we should adopt a similar situation that is in the Uk, all venues are assessed and have a set number of maximum days and then nobody can ever cause a fck up like we have just had. Takes it out of promoter's, artists, stadium owners, council's, politicians hands.

bear1 wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/kenny-hints-at-potential-solution-to-garth-brooks-gigs-1.1862962

As of this morning, why instead of just saying what was proposed do they have to keep up with this guessing game?

I'd imagine he is referencing the matinee proposal which Brooks hasn't officially responded to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

zagmund wrote: »
    Damn RTE.

Damn the media.

I never liked his music, but due to saturation coverage in recent days I find myself humming some strange C&W type melodies. And my toe is tapping too. I need some proper music, and fast. Youtube & Daft Punk, here we go. Wish me luck.

z

I like Garth, the subliminal message is also saying I like Fox, we like Fox we like Brooks, we like ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I'd imagine he is referencing the matinee proposal which Brooks hasn't officially responded to.

He was giving some speech yesterday sayin that matinees suck ass (or words to that effect)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Armelodie wrote: »
    He was giving some speech yesterday sayin that matinees suck ass (or words to that effect)

He said he's do matinees if he had to. Then a few hours later, he said he won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Whoah there, Mr Red!

Everyone? You sure about that?

Who doesnt want it to go ahead

All resident committees has said it should go ahead.

There are no committees rejecting the 5 concerts

There are no court orders rejecting it

The only people rejecting it is the council.

If 400,000 people + the 95% of the Country ( Guessing ) not giving a fuck if it goes ahead then let it go ahead

The council need to bend the rule on this. and fix the rules later.

• Advertisement

Armelodie wrote: »

That was before the proposal was made...he still has to comment on it or rule it in or out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement