Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks concerts cancelled - **READ FIRST POST FOR MOD NOTES**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Mr_Red wrote: »

The council need to bend the rule on this. and fix the rules later.

Yes Bertie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

People don't seem to understand the simple matter that these are the "fixed rules".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I tried to listen to two of his songs today on spotify. I could only get through about 20 seconds of each before I had to turn them off I was cringing so much.

So arse biscuits doesn't like Garth brooks songs, who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

So James Reilly is expected to be moved from Health to Foreign Affairs. Bang goes any chance of a reconciliation with Garth Brooks.

Hopefully we will send him to 'Murica anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

ThisRegard wrote: »
    People don't seem to understand the simple matter that these are the "fixed rules".

I like "fixed rules" because no City or Government or Country follow 100% of all "fixed rules"

Rules are amended all the time to suit different situations such as this case adding an Appeals Process

because 1 guy in the Council decides its not going ahead 100s of thousands of people have a right to question it including the people who reject it changing there minds before the event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

He said he's do matinees if he had to. Then a few hours later, he said he won't.

I sure he didn't mean to cause a big scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

cantdecide wrote: »
    I sure he didn't mean to cause a big scene.

Come down off that ivory tower that your livin in

• Registered Users Posts: 16,204 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Who doesnt want it to go ahead

All resident committees has said it should go ahead.

There are no committees rejecting the 5 concerts

There are no court orders rejecting it

The only people rejecting it is the council.

If 400,000 people + the 95% of the Country ( Guessing ) not giving a fuck if it goes ahead then let it go ahead

After that display last night I hope the fcuker never sets foot in this country. Waiting for an invite from Enda was just so fcuking arrogant.

I do feel sorry for those that queued to buy tickets, and it would have been nice if they could come to some compromise (if that primo donna bitch of a country singer could compromise) but as for him, he can go fcuk himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Grayson wrote: »
    After that display last night I hope the fcuker never sets foot in this country. Waiting for an invite from Enda was just so fcuking arrogant.

I do feel sorry for those that queued to buy tickets, but as for him, he can go fcuk himself.

I do too feel sorry for the fans but it has reached a stage where he needs to be told he's not bigger than the law so either play the 3 gigs at night or the 5 over the three days or fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Newsflash

Garth just went to the toilet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

Ya fixed like jobs worth.

Heads need to role in DCC

off with their heads

visual wrote: »
    Ya fixed like jobs worth.

Heads need to role in DCC

off with their heads

Not sure if serious, or nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

lukesmom wrote: »
    Come down off that ivory tower that your livin in

Hey, no fcukin' squatters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

ebbsy wrote: »
    Newsflash

Garth just went to the toilet

All five must be on so lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,204 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Not sure if serious, or nuts.

they're not mutually exclusive. there are plenty of crazy people who take themselves seriously.

Grayson wrote: »

I do feel sorry for those that queued to buy tickets, and it would have been nice if they could come to some compromise (if that primo donna bitch of a country singer could compromise) but as for him, he can go fcuk himself.

Why.

1. He wants to play in Ireland over 5 nights

2. 400,000 people have tickets to go to the 5 nights

3. There is nothing in the way but this " Fixed Rule " based on Rejections

4 Oh wait...... There are no more rejections

5 ????????????????

6 50 million Profit Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehah

Can the change it...... Yes they can

Amend the law relating to appealing DCC decisions based on Licence agreements.

Bring it through the Dail - The Courts and whoever else needs to sign off......... the appeal the decision and pass the licences

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Who doesnt want it to go ahead

All resident committees has said it should go ahead.
    If I was a resident and didn't want this to go ahead, the last thing I'd want to do is stick my head up in public and have the massed hordes of GB fanatics hurl abuse at me. I don't pay much heed to what is being said in public, anyone who dares suggest that GB is not the queen of all our hearts would be hunted down.

Rejections ? Does Garth feel rejected ?

hmmm wrote: »
    If I was a resident and didn't want this to go ahead, the last thing I'd want to do is stick my head up in public and have the massed hordes of GB fanatics hurl abuse at me. I don't pay much heed to what is being said in public, anyone who dares suggest that GB is not the queen of all our hearts would be hunted down.

then suck it up it will happen simple as

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

hmmm wrote: »

Yes, despite the years of their rights being trampled on and hassle going about their normal life I have yet to see any resident make personal threats, death threats to anybody involved.
    And C/W fans would have you believe they are soft cuddly love filled human beings. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

The council need to bend the rule on this. and fix the rules later.[/quote]

Political interfrrence in planning issues was the beginning of the celtic tiger and we are all fully aware of the resulting melt down. We put in place a system that civil servants/ planners would make planning decisions . Beggars belief that people want to revisit this for a fcking cowboy concert

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dandyo

Mono = One
    Rail = Rail

I swear it's Springfield's Dublins only choice, throw up your hands and raise your voice!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

dandyo wrote: »
    Mono = One
    Rail = Rail

I swear it's Springfield's Dublins only choice, throw up your hands and raise your voice!

Monorail?

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Monorail?

Is there a chance the "rules" will bend?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

nm wrote: »
    This is baffling to me as well. It's being dubbed by some posters here as "the people" v private enterprise, which is the biggest load of ****e. As if business and enterprise aren't run by people, for people and with people. (Not even counting the 400,000 ticket holding "people" caught in the residents associations cross fire).

Then there's talk of "vested interests", but again only on one side.

No mention of the massive chip on the shoulder of Castleknock resident Eamonn O'Brien, claiming to represent the residents of Croke Park, but who by all accounts has a long and colourful history of fighting the GAA for completely separate reasons and seems to have dragged the Garth Brooks concerts into this personal agenda, despite Croke Park residents now taking to the streets to protest against him and exclaim they weren't contacted at all and he does not represent them.

And then we have the Brian Duff, and the mystery €15,000 euro and a suit donated from the shadows, or more accurately, "unnamed individuals who wanted to take the GAA down", for an injunction.. god knows whats going on there.

The whole thing is rotten to the core and I hope when all is said and done there is a thorough investigation of who was really behind it and why, we'll probably find out all about vested interests then.

Both Brian Duff and Eamonn O'Brien might consider outsourcing their Objection Services to the Rathfarnham area (Ok Ok,I know it's kinda like COUNTY Dublin) where Marlay Park has been "humming vibrantly" all week,and no bother to it....;) ;);)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Political interfrrence in planning issues was the beginning of the celtic tiger and we are all fully aware of the resulting melt down. We put in place a system that civil servants/ planners would make planning decisions . Beggars belief that people want to revisit this for a fcking cowboy concert

The Licences were rejected due to complaints from the residents committee.

The residents committee are no longer rejecting it and requested the 5 concerts to happen.

If they didnt reject it in the first place the 5 gigs would have happened im sure

so there is someone in this country who can make a decision on this

Is there a chance the "rules" will bend?

Not on your life my boardsie friend.

Not on your life my boardsie friend.

But Clonliffe Road's still cracked and broken!

But Clonliffe Road's still cracked and broken!

Sorry dandyo, DCC has spoken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Sorry dandyo, DCC has spoken.

What about those stupid,political yobs?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement