Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC application question

Options
  • 08-07-2014 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm in the process of applying for a young professional work visa, I've a job lined up with a Canadian employer.

I collected my police cert today and it says " was not convicted of any crime while residing in Ireland , other than set out overleaf".

The conviction overleaf was for exceeding special speed limit 60km/h, back in 2011.

Now the only reason it went to court was because I didn't pay the fixed charge notice in time, so now I'm bricking it that it will scupper my chance of getting my visa.

Any info or advice would be really appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 delboy256

Hi, apologies I can't help with your query! I am also looking to apply using the young professional visa and was wondering if you went to Canada to have an interview before you secured the job, and if so if you needed any Visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Hi I'm in the process of applying for a young professional work visa, I've a job lined up with a Canadian employer.

I collected my police cert today and it says " was not convicted of any crime while residing in Ireland , other than set out overleaf".

The conviction overleaf was for exceeding special speed limit 60km/h, back in 2011.

Now the only reason it went to court was because I didn't pay the fixed charge notice in time, so now I'm bricking it that it will scupper my chance of getting my visa.

Any info or advice would be really appreciated, thanks.

how did you go about finding an employer for this particular visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

zweton wrote: »
    how did you go about finding an employer for this particular visa?

My cousin works for the same company and told me they were hiring

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aoifejudgeaj

Just got I. Quota now for canda? Do I need new police checks or will the ones from February suffice? Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement