Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pho

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

Might head over, weather depending. Enjoyed it last time but its a bit of a trek.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Heading over myself shortly.

**edit He's had a whole refit and expanded the menu to do what will probably sell better for him there (standard Chinese and Thai dishes) but still does the lovely summer rolls and Pho etc.. He's also on Just-eat and doing deliveries so hopefully this time it will go better for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

had pho bo in opium rooms and from camile recently both pretty meh. Going to Pho ta on friday hoping for some good authentic pho

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Hanoi Hanoi on Capel Street is another...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

AsianDub wrote: »
    Hanoi Hanoi on Capel Street is another...

Indeed, its great. Some setup inside as well, and never seema to be busy. Hope they keep going..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

I can't see them lasting to be honest, surprised they're still going. Hope I'm wrong. The place is too big for what it pulls in and a bit over the top. Never full whenever I was there. Nice staff and the food is great. They probably need to open half of it as a bar at night. Could be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

Saigon City Amiens street

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Went to jolins vietnamese coffee house on clanbrassil st near harolds cross yday, had the pho bo. i think is a relatively new place, the receipt still had harold cafe on it.
    Pho was ok, soup was nice but the meat was pretty thick cut rather than the thin odds you normally get in pho. This appeared to be more sliced minute or round steak rather than flank, tendon etc. Also had lemon instead of lime, pet hate of mine, as well as not much leafs. The woman (owner?) that was there is vietnamese so hopefully shell get it sorted, its a lot handier for me on my way from work than any of the places across the river, so ill give it another go, but not as good as hanoi hanoi or aoabab.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

Dying to try Hanoi hanoi but the OH is pregnant so things like beansprouts are to be avoided. Looks great though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

circadian wrote: »
    Dying to try Hanoi hanoi but the OH is pregnant so things like beansprouts are to be avoided. Looks great though.

So if you eat beansprouts she'll get sick? :confused:

The best I've had in Dublin is Pho Viet on Parnell St. Keep the suggestions coming though, I might check out the Caple st one soon but that part of town isn't my favourite.

London has a chain called "Pho" which is awesome, went there regularly when I lived there, wish they came here. Will be visiting them again in a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if there's any pho places that deliver to the northside?

i'm dying sick and would love some pho. Think the only option I've found is camilles ramen

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Anyone know if there's any pho places that deliver to the northside?

i'm dying sick and would love some pho. Think the only option I've found is camilles ramen

Tuk in Fairview deliver via Marvin. They're notionally Thai, but they have a Pho on the menu. Can't vouch for them, but worth a try? Kanoodle also have a couple of Pho's on their menu (Clontarf and Marlborough St).

alastair wrote: »
    Tuk in Fairview deliver via Marvin. They're notionally Thai, but they have a Pho on the menu. Can't vouch for them, but worth a try? Kanoodle also have a couple of Pho's on their menu (Clontarf and Marlborough St).

cheers may give Tuk a try wasn't impressed with Kanoodles they used weird spices in the broth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Does anyone know the name of the kind of chilli oil with lovely bits in it that's quite hot, it's usually served with Pho? Certainly in Aobaba and Pho Viet. I don't mean Sriracha, it's the other one. I love the stuff and the Asian stores seem to have a million types of these oils so I need to find the one most similar :) Thanks

Does anyone know the name of the kind of chilli oil with lovely bits in it that's quite hot, it's usually served with Pho? Certainly in Aobaba and Pho Viet. I don't mean Sriracha, it's the other one. I love the stuff and the Asian stores seem to have a million types of these oils so I need to find the one most similar :) Thanks

I've been on the hunt for this aswell! Also interested in if anyone knows the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

I've been on the hunt for this aswell! Also interested in if anyone knows the answer

It sounds like ye're describing toban djan. You'll pick up this exact same brand in any asian store.

chilibean_200.jpg

Advertisement