Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health insurance question

Options
  • 08-07-2014 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭

I have just let my VHI lapse on July 1st. I am working abroad and covered by another policy and was only paying VHI to avoid waiting periods when I come back.

I am thinking of joining a basic plan with Glohealth now. If I wait 3 months before I start that (i.e. less than a 13 week lapse) will I have to backdate payments to the 1st July to avoid re-serving the waiting periods? Or would it be sufficient to start new policy on 1st October?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Well I don't know about the 2nd part. But they won't offer cover retrospectively - if you've a gap, you've a gap. No back-dating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

If you start a new plan with Glo within the 13 weeks you won't have to re serve waiting periods or back pay. You can start your plan on whatever day you ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Thanks. I will leave it for three months then. No point paying money for nothing when I am covered by another policy from non Irish insurer.

Advertisement