Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen iPad

• 08-07-2014 7:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭

Soooo my parents have been careless and had their iPad (brand new bought recently, 2 gen) lost/stolen. Currently powered off...

I have done the following:
    *Logged into iCloud
    *Switched on Lost Mode

I presume how this usually works is that that the thieves:
    *find a way around the PIN
    *erase the device, thus disconnecting it from the owner's iCloud account

Just checking that there is nothing more that can be done?

Apologies if thread is monotonous/inappropriate, did a quick search before posting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

They can't erase the device without the iCloud password if it's running iOS 7.

You could ring the Gardai and report it missing but it's unlikely that will do much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Abroad, it's been reported

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Bateman wrote: »
    Abroad, it's been reported

Stolen abroad or has been located abroad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Lost/stolen abroad, and they reported it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Did u use the app find my iPhone from the app store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Old trick it is to

1) Deregister it from your account
    2) Every so often, try to register it back to your account.

3) If one day it says "This iPad already registered to a different account", paydirt! You can contact the police, who will contact Apple, and say that this person has my iPad.

Advertisement