Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards.ie:now ye're silenced

Options
  • 08-07-2014 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭

greetings all who read,
    I have been banned from after hours.the thread about same sex "marriage" is one which I understand has a lot of emotions behind it and I would expect to be challenged on many topics as I oppose it.i have no problem with this if there is a level playing field but there is not.from an early stage the mod "joeytheparrot" responded to my posts with sarcasm and afterwards with insults and profanities.i then received an infraction for asking him a question sarcastically after he evaded my question for hours.this infraction was lifted after I notified the mod "humanji" about personal abuse I received from another pro ss"m" poster.in order to lift the infraction on this person "humanji" was forced to lift my infraction also.
    in the past I have been banned for posts that were deemed of a certain nature that they were removed immediately from the thread.however in the ss"m" thread a poster submitted a post particularly offensive to islam.so this post mysteriously disappeared BUT the poster,who was also very pro ss"m",remained in the thread.i questioned this to the mods in the thread but received the answer "what are you on about" and nothing more.last night,07/07,i received a torrent of abuse from many sides,including the poster of the disappeared post,and this was given the green light by "joeytheparrot" who also joined in.i was among other things accused of being crazy,bigoted,stupid,full of rubbish and finally full of sh1t.these posts were flagged by myself as well as others but nothing done about them and all these posts remain.
    i had another thread in this section titled "just unfair" for the infraction i received and was awaiting a reply to some questions i believed i had a right to ask,according to the rules of this "appeal" process.this thread has now been locked and displayed as "issue resolved"
    finally I'd just like to say im completely disgusted by my treatment in this forum and also disgusted by how the powers to silence people is manipulated and horrifically abused by certain agenda driven moderators,and i use the word moderator very lightly.
    if somebody wishes to reply to this then fine but if ye choose to make it disappear then that's fine also.i really don't care

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

So you're telling me that you see nothing wrong with the blatant homophobic trolling in this statement:
    My poor friend it'll be a cold day in hell before i take moral advice from a homosexual.I would have sympathy on you but you made your sinful life choice so really my sympathy lies with your parents

Had someone posted
    My poor friend it'll be a cold day in hell before i take moral advice from a Christian.I would have sympathy on you but you made your sinful life choice so really my sympathy lies with your parents

no doubt you would have been up in arms over it. You being a Christian is a life choice. Being homosexual isn't, no more than you could choose what colour eyes you have.

Now personally I couldn't give a flying whether a person is straight or gay, religious or non-religious, what their ethnicity is, whether they're male or female, or anything else you care to mention. To me, they're all the same behind a username, so the only thing that distinguishes one poster from the next is what they post. And at the very least I expect those posts to be civil and courteous towards other posters. The post I have quoted is the polar opposite of a civil post, but of course you're fully aware of that because you meant it to cause offence.

No doubt every word I've just posted is probably part of some "agenda" as far as you're concerned, and there's probably not a thing that I can say or do to convince you otherwise. But what I will say is that if you find it impossible to be civil towards other posters (and in turn they are expected to be civil to you and you should report their posts rather than replying in kind) then ultimately we will have no option but to remove your posting privileges permanently. That's not meant as a threat btw, it's simply stating a fact because that's what happens disruptive posters.

As for the matter in hand, ban upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement