Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting tallaght to city centre

Options
  • 08-07-2014 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

I'm thinking of renting a room in a house in Bancroft in tallaght but work in the city Centre. I'm working in the ifsc. The house suits me but I'm worried about the commute into town. The 54a, 65 and 65b go from around the corner. Dublin bus gives an estimate of his long it takes on their site but does anyone know how long it takes in morning and evening. I'd need to be in work for 9 and would leave around 5ish. Would if be about an hour each way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,404 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Not taking the Luas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

The luas would take longer. Twenty minute walk to the stop from Bancroft

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

The 27 Bus uses the Greenhills road which is not far from Bancroft. Have you tried that? It goes very close to the IFSC as its final destination is Clarehall D13. Takes about 40 mins in the morning to get to the Central Bank in Dame Street.

I don't use the Bus anymore but found that the 65's goes by Terenure college and that road is a feckin nightmare in the mornings especially during school term.

Consider getting the 27 route in the morning and leave your options open on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭satguy

An Hour each way > Bancroft to IFSC and > IFSC to Bancroft = 2 hours per day = 10 hours per week.
    Cost = minimal, as Dublin Bus is the best low cost option,, but do add 10 hours into the mix.. I know Bancroft well, it is in the village "KINDA" , and is a very nice place to live.
    There are a million people that would swap with you,, I.E. low cost and only an hour each way.

A car might cost €60+ per week when you add in tax, insurance, petrol, parking, and other stuff, and may still have an hour each way commute.

The Luas,, how can we leave out the Luas,, Well, Bancroft is not near the Luas, but there are other places that are.

For the very best in commute time, and cost ,, and if you really want to stay in Tallaght there are some nice places right on/at the Luas line,, but unlike Bancroft you wont be right in the village where all the good pubs and and bus routes are.

My Choice = The Bus + Bancroft ,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking the 54a or the short walk overt to the 77a would be been better options

• Advertisement
Advertisement