Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Query

Options
  • 08-07-2014 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Will be moving house shortly. Looking into broadband services. Contacted Sky who told me the location gets 3-5 Mbps and that they use the Eircom infrastructure.

Does this imply that Eircom can provide this speed only also?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Will be moving house shortly. Looking into broadband services. Contacted Sky who told me the location gets 3-5 Mbps and that they use the Eircom infrastructure.

Does this imply that Eircom can provide this speed only also?
    Hi Ihaveanopinion

If you would like to PM me the address in question I can look in to this further.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fi89

If eircom are using the same lines as SKY (DSL) that means 3-5mbps is the maximum speed you can get through that line, however if there is E-fibre in your area you could get fibre speeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Fi89 wrote: »
    If eircom are using the same lines as SKY (DSL) that means 3-5mbps is the maximum speed you can get through that line, however if there is E-fibre in your area you could get fibre speeds

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Fi89[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]That is indeed usually the case although there also may be other things affecting speeds but you're right, we do use the same infrastructure.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

Advertisement